Two trades.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Two trades. 

Post#1 » by midranger » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:22 am

Redd-Gadz-Mason for Hinrich-Hughes-Nocioni

My guess is that with Rose in the fold and with players like Deng, Thomas, and Noah the Bulls will attempt to go up tempo. Neither Hinrich nor Nocioni really fit that style, and with their long term contracts, they are probably looking to move them. On the flip side, both Mason and Gadz would be most effective in an uptempo system. Also, Redd would add a deep threat that they're missing currently.

Mo for Haslem

Ad nauseum. It makes more sense with Hinrich here.

Hinrich - Sessions
Hughes - Bell
Jefferson - Nocioni
Haslem - Nocioni
Bogut - MLE

Alexander
Villanueva
Ruffin

5 good defenders in the starting lineup. Enough scoring to win games. Nocioni competes for 6th man of the year. I like this team A LOT.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Re: Two trades. 

Post#2 » by mcfromage » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:28 am

Looks good to me!
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,775

Post#3 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:30 am

With the Bulls is it just me or do those contracts not add up at all?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#4 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:34 am

I'd counter with:

Mo for Haslem

Desmond and a lotto protected #1 for Hinrich

I'd rather have Redd than Larry Hughes. And I've now got RJ and Alexander so Nocioni is more redundant. Can he play PF? Sure a bit, but we've got Haslem to defend and CV at half the price of Noc provides interior scoring to a greater extent.
Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Johnny Newman » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:40 am

Hughes is injury prone. Also who is gonna do all the scoring when Jefferson is double teamed?
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#6 » by JustinCredible » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:41 am

paulpressey25 wrote:I'd counter with:

Mo for Haslem

I'd rather have Redd than Larry Hughes. And I've now got RJ and Alexander so Nocioni is more redundant. Can he play PF? Sure a bit, but we've got Haslem to defend and CV at half the price of Noc provides interior scoring to a greater extent.

I like PP's option better....although I'm not as sold on Haslem as most here are. We do need a PF though....
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#7 » by Newz » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:42 am

You know what player would make that team good? Michael Redd.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#8 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:45 am

Also, Im not sure, I could be wrong, but from what Ive seen of these players, not one of them really has any type of 3 point shot.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#9 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:45 am

Mid, it's just different now with RJ.

I could get into all sorts of Redd trades when the idea was to bring in young guys to go along with Yi, Bogut, CV and Sessions on a developing team.

RJ is 28. He's a proven 22ppg guy who gets to the line a lot. Play decent defense. Great citizen. He's better than Redd by a small margin IMO. I'd like to see how he and Redd mesh.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#10 » by bigkurty » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:47 am

yeah bringing in noc now doesnt make much sense to me if we are keeping CV and trading for haslem while still having alexander and resigning ruffin. Don't get me wrong it looks like a good team for sure but I think a few tweaks could be made here although I am at a loss for how to do so.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#11 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:50 am

bigkurty wrote:yeah bringing in noc now doesnt make much sense to me if we are keeping CV and trading for haslem while still having alexander and resigning ruffin. Don't get me wrong it looks like a good team for sure but I think a few tweaks could be made here although I am at a loss for how to do so.

Follow up with something like Villanueva for John Salmons as the backup 2?
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#12 » by paul » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:00 am

Mo for Haslem

Yep, these trades make perfect sense to me. The only thing I'd change is I'd try to add a second from our side to get Cook from Miami as a backup 2, I think he'll be a player in a few seasons as Redd starts to age. Without Cook I think Miami win the talent in the trade, with Cook I think we do, a 2nd round pick just about balances it for me. I'd do it as listed if Miami didn't go for my option though.
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#13 » by aaprigs311 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:05 am

Not enough offense. I like bringing in Hinrich now, but not for Redd.
andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#14 » by andonewheel » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:07 am

Yuck. I don't see why we'd want Nocioni now with Jefferson/Alexander. I don't think Hinrich is valuable enough to justify giving up Redd. I don't want Hughes anywhere near this team, taking him on is a big negative. That team doesn't have enough 3pt shooting or enough players who can create their own shot. I hate that trade for the Bucks although I'm sure the Bulls love it.

Mo for Haslem is ok, I'm cool with trading Mo for a banger at PF. I think we could do better than Haslem but who knows.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#15 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:19 am

Mo for Haslem

Let me say this and dont you ever forget it....as long as you are an NBA fan...

ANDRES NOCIONI IS NEVER 'REDUNDANT' on a team! Never!

He like Manu Ginobili brings all the intangibles and throwback grit and determination you used to see on an every night basis in the NBA in the 70's!

He is not redundant at all! He does more in practice keeping a starter on his toes and watching his back dogging hard for his playing time then anyone in the league.

Anyone who knows basketball old school style knows that and appreciates a battler like Nocioni. He takes nothing for granted if he is a starter or bench player and works you every trip down the court and refuses to stop competing!

How many players do we have like that on this team outside of Royal Ivey or Desmond Mason and perhaps Bogut? None...

Play like that is contagious and infectious. And it can make slackers look stupid if you are on the court and don't want to run with him and keep up. Any fan should know that.

For a team that QUIT ON US and is filled with a bunch of losers and quitters I could no longer trust or respect as professionals and as a long time ticket buying, apparel wearing fan after this year, he is worth any player on this damn team on his committment alone!

And any fan who doesn't see that, that fan I know doesn't know what the hell he or she is talking about, nor how you build competing teams.

Every team needs a guy like that...
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#16 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:04 pm

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Anyone who knows basketball old school style knows that and appreciates a battler like Nocioni. He takes nothing for granted if he is a starter or bench player and works you every trip down the court and refuses to stop competing!

Play like that is contagious and infectious. And it can make slackers look stupid if you are on the court and don't want to run with him and keep up. Any fan should know that.

We just spent a high lotto pick on a guy like that....Joe Alexander. We also just traded one of our main assets for a guy with a $15 million dollar a year contract who also plays the same position as Noc.

No need to take on Noc's $32 million dollar contract to add a third SF to the mix.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#17 » by paul » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:28 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Anyone who knows basketball old school style knows that and appreciates a battler like Nocioni. He takes nothing for granted if he is a starter or bench player and works you every trip down the court and refuses to stop competing!

We just spent a high lotto pick on a guy like that....Joe Alexander. We also just traded one of our main assets for a guy with a $15 million dollar a year contract who also plays the same position as Noc.

No need to take on Noc's $32 million dollar contract to add a third SF to the mix.

We also drafted a SF with our second round pick, we also still have Des, we also - oh wait that's it, we only have 4 SF's currently on the roster - plus CV who plays like one. Not saying we're keeping them all but the last thing we need to be doing right now is trading for another SF. I would have loved to have gotten Noc during last season but there's just no place for him now. The pieces are now in place in RJ, Redd and Bogut imo, find the complimentary pieces necessary and we're on a winner.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks