ImageImage

Stand pat for 10 or so games into the season before a trade?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Stand pat for 10 or so games into the season before a trade? 

Post#1 » by Johnny Newman » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:07 am

I think thats what we have to do. See who steps up,who don't fit and so on. Maybe Mo will get a kind heart and dish 2 more assist then last year. Maybe Redd wont shoot as much. Maybe Bogut gets a few more assists and few more shots. Maybe Bell gets back to old form. Sessions becomes a better defender? I'm reaching on this. But off season getting dull now with less real trade gossip.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: Stand pat for 10 or so games into the season before a trade? 

Post#2 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:52 am

I can see where you're coming from but not many teams would want to trade with us at that point of the season. And more importantly, 10 games isn't usually enough to judge your guys. Plus we don't want to have someone we want to trade (CV) get off to a bad start or something so now his value is lower.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#3 » by paul » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:58 am

Johnny Newman wrote:I think thats what we have to do. See who steps up,who don't fit and so on. Maybe Mo will get a kind heart and dish 2 more assist then last year. Maybe Redd wont shoot as much. Maybe Bogut gets a few more assists and few more shots. Maybe Bell gets back to old form. Sessions becomes a better defender? I'm reaching on this. But off season getting dull now with less real trade gossip.

A couple of points on this - weren't we near the top of the east after 10 games last season? How did that turn out?
As I mentioned in another thread I could be wrong but I think Mo's BYC status expires tomorrow - that being the case I'm pretty sure we're in the eye of the storm right now and everything will start up again in a couple of days - I definitely don't think we're done, imo there would be a 99% chance that we'll make at least one more trade before the season starts.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#4 » by Chapter29 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:26 pm

I cannot see how we would leave this team intact.

CV as our only true PF? And that's stretching it as he's a bit of a tweaner himself. Playing for Skiles? Once he's benched who's our starter?

SF - Jefferson - Alexander - Mason - Moute and maybe Ersan. What are we trying to be the Hawks?

Mo and Redd starting together again? And adding Jefferson to that mix? Not a good plan.

Changes better be forth coming as this team is not fully assembled yet.
andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#5 » by andonewheel » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:04 pm

I agree to an extent. I think we should continue to explore our trade options but not rush into anything just because we want to move Mo/CV prior to the season. I don't neccesarily agree with the belief that teams won't want to deal partway through the season. Right now there are a handful of teams who want to make trades before the season. Some will, some won't. Part way through the year, there will be new teams that want to make a trade when it becomes clear how their parts fit together and we can try dealing with them. I'd like to add a PF to the roster before the season but other than that I want to be patient.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#6 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:40 pm

It's more important to have the "new" team in training camp. It's too hard to change players on the fly during the season, especially with a new coaching staff.

Plus, not only is 10 games not enough time, you won't find trading partners out there that early in the season. You'll be stuck with what you have until February.

I'd rather see changes be made now and have everyone get a full month of training camp.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#7 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:01 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:It's more important to have the "new" team in training camp. It's too hard to change players on the fly during the season, especially with a new coaching staff.

Plus, not only is 10 games not enough time, you won't find trading partners out there that early in the season. You'll be stuck with what you have until February.

I'd rather see changes be made now and have everyone get a full month of training camp.

:nod:
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks