ImageImage

McGlocklin on 1250

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

McGlocklin on 1250 

Post#1 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:53 pm

Some very interesting comments. Talked about Jefferson, and thinks it was a slam dunk deal for the Bucks. Said he thinks Yi will be a "good" player but he will never be "great". Specifically mentioned that the thing he likes most about Jefferson is that he can create his own offense in late shot clock situations (mentioned FTA last year). Said he thinks Jefferson will be the best wing defender we've had in some time as well.

One of the more interesting comments was on Alexander. Said he can't really talk that much about his game overall because he didn't follow college that much, but said that Skiles/Hammond wanted him from day 1 after his workouts, and that "outside of the top 3, they had one other guy rated ahead of him" (my guess is Love). So basically, Hammond/Skiles thought he was the 5th best player in this draft.

Next mentioned the transition of the organization, and how many winning type guys they have in it now (RJ being in the playoffs 6 of 7 years, LRMAM getting deep into the tournament, Alexander helping his team on that late season tear, Skiles track record of winning, Hammond and the Pistons track record of winning). Said the overall attitude of the organization is changing.
Todd_Day
Rookie
And1: 168

Re: McGlocklin on 1250 

Post#2 » by Todd_Day » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:59 pm

always love Jon's enthusiasm. Love how the culture of the team is changing.

Camp can't come soon enough.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#3 » by bigkurty » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:05 pm

Yeah I love Jon's enthusiasm and he is a great guy but he is a company man so we could have kept the same team and coach and drafted DeAndre Jordan with the 8th pick and he would have said the Bucks will get better with another year together and now that LK has more experience and stuff. Thats his job so I would take what he says with a grain of salt.
MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man
And1: 46

Post#4 » by MetroDrugUnit » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:41 pm

Jon's job is to promote the Buck no matter what. But you got to beleive it's genuine this time. Not many people have such a vested interest in this team then him. I wish I could have heard him talk about Yi, wish he would have thrown a couple of cheap ones at him
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#5 » by xTitan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:07 pm

expect to see Alexander play alot at the 4 because Alexander is going to play alot, I have heard that Hammond/Skiles expect alot out of him, expect JA to be on the Bogut curve in terms of that as opposed to the Yi curve......so I am expecting a vet banger/rebounder to be brought in at the 4 spot, we will see.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,980

Post#6 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:09 pm

xTitan wrote:expect to see Alexander play alot at the 4 because Alexander is going to play alot, I have heard that Hammond/Skiles expect alot out of him, expect JA to be on the Bogut curve in terms of that as opposed to the Yi curve......so I am expecting a vet banger/rebounder to be brought in at the 4 spot, we will see.

God I hope not. I don't want to wait at least three years before he starts to show a pulse.

You had to know that was coming from me, right?
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#7 » by bango_the_buck » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:14 pm

xTitan wrote:...expect JA to be on the Bogut curve in terms of that as opposed to the Yi curve...

JA is sort of the polar opposite of Yi - he's physically mature but skills-wise he's got a ways to go...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#8 » by xTitan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:15 pm

DrugBust wrote:
xTitan wrote:expect to see Alexander play alot at the 4 because Alexander is going to play alot, I have heard that Hammond/Skiles expect alot out of him, expect JA to be on the Bogut curve in terms of that as opposed to the Yi curve......so I am expecting a vet banger/rebounder to be brought in at the 4 spot, we will see.

God I hope not. I don't want to wait at least three years before he starts to show a pulse.

You had to know that was coming from me, right?

Of course I did, but I also think you know what I mean.... :beer:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks