ImageImage

Baron Davis is a Clipper

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Re: Baron Davis is a Clipper 

Post#41 » by midranger » Wed Jul 2, 2008 2:29 am

Ayt wrote:I don't see GS wanting Mo. I think they'll just go with Monta Ellis as the PG.

Agreed.

I like Mo obviously, but one of the biggest knocks against him is his decision making on the break. Any team running a fast paced offense will stay away.

I don't mind this for the Warriors. They will go with young veterans to lead their team. Ellis and Biedrins to start. If they aren't forced to overpay those two it's a decent core if they can add a superstar via some channel (Arenas is not it). The skinny minis are wildcards in all this.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#42 » by WEFFPIM » Wed Jul 2, 2008 2:32 am

bayrdbandit wrote:how does this make the west stronger? the clippers suddenly look like playoff contenders (if they can keep the team in tact and get a healthy livingstone back) but the warriors just became crap. sounds like maintaining a balance to me.

Replace the Warriors with the Blazers.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#43 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Wed Jul 2, 2008 2:34 am

Those Gilbert Arenas figures are amazing. Does anyone think he'll actually make a team good? The NBA is full of ppg-junkies. Arenas will have lots of money and lots of career points, but I doubt fans of his team will look back upon this era all that fondly.
midranger
RealGM

Post#44 » by midranger » Wed Jul 2, 2008 2:38 am

Adam is right. The Wiz were better simply subtracting Arenas from the roster and replacing him with no one. Now they want to pay him 21 million? Are they serious?

Arenas may be the most overrated player in the NBA.
bucks59
Senior
And1: 3

Post#45 » by bucks59 » Wed Jul 2, 2008 2:39 am

This is just a theory I have but I thinkt he reason Baron opted out is because he was afraid he was going to get injured next year. Who leaves $17.8 million on the table? And last season was his first full 82 game season since very early in his career. My hunch is that he was afraid he would not get a long extension offer if he had to wait and the Warriors were really low balling him because they also were afraid of his injuries. I honestly would not be surprised if he played less than 60 games next year.

The Clippers could be good but they need more veteran help. Thornton is still young and they dont have much of a bench. Kamen, Brand and Davis will be good if they all stay healthy. But Davis has a history of injury problems. I dont think there will be a problem with Brand but Kamen even had back problems last year.

PP - the Warriors trade exception expired already so they dont have that option available. They do have a ton of money, but a lot of their young players will need extensions soon. Arenas would be perfect for that team. He is not necessarily as good of a defender as Baron but is a great offensive player.

Also, Arenas was apparently offered 6 years $124 million from the Wizards, at least according to ESPN. I also read that he was thinking of taking a pay cut if it meant that the Wizards could sign an additional player or two. I think he'll resign with the Wizards.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#46 » by trwi7 » Wed Jul 2, 2008 2:40 am

rilamann wrote:
cam2win wrote:I also got my Mo bobblehead right here next to me

It's not a true Mo bobblehead unless it has authentic shoulder hair.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
midranger
RealGM

Post#47 » by midranger » Wed Jul 2, 2008 2:42 am

Anyway, we have to hope that this trade sets off a chain of events where teams either figure that they are no where near winning the West and need a rebuild (Mavs, Warriors) or that they need to load up if they want to stay near the top (Spurs, Lakers, Rockets).
midranger
RealGM

Post#48 » by midranger » Wed Jul 2, 2008 2:44 am

The Clips need a consistent shooter badly. And they'll be a great team next year. Even some stiff like Kapono would help, but James Posey looks to be perfect for that team.
pasting_monkeys
Starter
And1: 1

Post#49 » by pasting_monkeys » Wed Jul 2, 2008 2:49 am

trwi7 wrote:It's not a true Mo bobblehead unless it has authentic shoulder hair.

Like a Chia Pet.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#50 » by trwi7 » Wed Jul 2, 2008 2:50 am

pasting_monkeys wrote:
trwi7 wrote:It's not a true Mo bobblehead unless it has authentic shoulder hair.

Like a Chia Pet.

Except Mo's shoulder hair doesn't need water to grow.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#51 » by jerrod » Wed Jul 2, 2008 3:01 am

arenas' sells tickets and jerseys

lots of both
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#52 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jul 2, 2008 3:20 am

midranger wrote:Adam is right. The Wiz were better simply subtracting Arenas from the roster and replacing him with no one. Now they want to pay him 21 million? Are they serious?

Arenas may be the most overrated player in the NBA.

How can you be such a Mo fan and dismiss Arenas as the most overrated player in the NBA? Contracts being equal, would you rather have Mo than Arenas?
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#53 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Wed Jul 2, 2008 3:22 am

paulpressey25 wrote:I was looking at the Warriors roster.....there is now a lot of crap on there. And tons of cap room. They could absorb a "Bibby" if they wanted and I think they still have that trade exception.

This whole musical chairs put into place by Brand, Baron and Gilbert is fascinating. All sorts of teams are now scrambling.

I'd send them Gadz and CV for Harrington if they would go for it. But I can't see Nellie giving up Harrington now.

With Baron leaving, if the Warriors renounce all of their exceptions (that trade exception already expired on the 28th PP25 but if it hadn't, they would end up renouncing it now with Baron opening up cap space) while keeping the cap holds for Biedrins and Ellis but renouncing everyone else, they can create ~$16.8 mil for one player.

What Brand and Baron are doing is definitely shaking up the offseason. They're both taking paycuts and essentially creating ~$10 mil of cap space in the NBA that previously was not going to exist this offseason.

midranger wrote:The Clips need a consistent shooter badly. And they'll be a great team next year. Even some stiff like Kapono would help, but James Posey looks to be perfect for that team.

I agree, but the Clippers don't really have much ability to sign anyone else. Brand and Baron will literally consume all of their usable cap space. They are going to have to sign 5 minimum salary guys now just to hit the mandated 13 man roster minimum.

trwi7 wrote:
rilamann wrote:
cam2win wrote:I also got my Mo bobblehead right here next to me

It's not a true Mo bobblehead unless it has authentic shoulder hair.

Not anymore.

Am I the only one not forgetting that he started getting his shoulders waxed?
I'm serious.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
trwi7
RealGM

Post#54 » by trwi7 » Wed Jul 2, 2008 3:27 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:Am I the only one not forgetting that he started getting his shoulders waxed?

I would love to wax Mo's shoulders. Could you imagine the tip?

cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#55 » by cam2win » Wed Jul 2, 2008 3:30 am

rilamann wrote:
cam2win wrote:
rilamann wrote:Maybe now the Warriors become a possible trading parter for Mo.

But I thought you loved Mo :wink:

Dont worry I still love Mo im actually wearing my Mo jersey right now as I type,I also got my Mo bobblehead right here next to me that I stole from Jerrod and im sticking pins in my Andrew Bogut vodoo doll I got from LukePiskila.

:lol:

:lol:
You've had many good posts...but this is an instant classic
BrandonE
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#56 » by BrandonE » Wed Jul 2, 2008 3:59 am

Michael Redd's name is spelled wrong, theres only one D in RED. That how you know his ancestors are stupid. : )
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#57 » by halfHAVOC » Wed Jul 2, 2008 4:04 am

ReddBogutCharlieV wrote:Man, now my Andre Miller dream takes a huge hit.

andre miller is the other pure PG that everyone forgets to mention.

hes basically godlike at everything but shooting 3's.

get

this

man

in a uniform
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#58 » by Andrew34r » Wed Jul 2, 2008 4:08 am

I'm stun. I wonder how many years its going to take for the power to shift to the East again. Its fun to watch the GM's in the West try to top each other though looks like the players are getting in on it too.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,647

Post#59 » by emunney » Wed Jul 2, 2008 4:49 am

BrandonE wrote:Michael Redd's name is spelled wrong, theres only one D in RED. That how you know his ancestors are stupid. : )

Everybody take note: this is what happens when you cut classes at Clown College.

Baron to the Clips -- I really didn't see that coming. Interesting that Baron and Brand conspired to make this happen... I guess it's not collusion or tampering unless management is involved. Ultimately, I don't know why this kind of thing doesn't really sit right with me. I suspect it's because it's never the Bucks who benefit.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#60 » by xTitan » Wed Jul 2, 2008 4:50 am

How about a 3 way with Chicago and Golden State...Mo to GS, Harrington to Chicago, Hinrich to the Bucks..........and pray you can deal CV for any old vet banger to share minutes at the 4 with Alexander.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks