ImageImage

OT: Seattle Officially Loses Sonics

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Re: OT: Seattle Officially Loses Sonics 

Post#41 » by jerrod » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:24 pm

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:
adamcz wrote:
jerrod wrote:here's what boggles my mind

it's july

that team starts playing in november and they don't have a name, colors, a jersey, or anything.

they're gonna have to move so fast

Are you kidding? Bennet has had a warehouse full of new jerseys sitting ready since the day he bought the team. I'm exaggerating, but not entirely kidding.

I dont even think thats an exaggeration honestly. Bennett probably had to double check last year not to bring the wrong Durant jersey to when they introduced him.

i just find it hard to believe that someone hasn't let anything slip then, there are a lot of people involved in designing logos and jerseys and getting merchandise and signs and stuff made up.
TheGhostDog
Senior
And1: 2

Post#42 » by TheGhostDog » Fri Jul 4, 2008 4:03 am

In a related story, ESPN ranked the other sports franchises most likely to relocate. The Bucks came in as the 4th-most-likely-to-skip town NBA team, after the Hornets, Kings and Grizzlies. No new insider info in the piece, but still a sobering analysis.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3472902
andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#43 » by andonewheel » Fri Jul 4, 2008 5:06 am

I saw that article, an interesting read. I couldn't imagine going through what Seattle fans went through, I would be infuriated.
Don't forget the Cavs. If they lose Lebron they are in deeeeeeeeep trouble with the way they're selling their future to put pieces around Lebron now. I also expect Oklahoma City to join this list eventually.
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,160

Post#44 » by jokeboy86 » Fri Jul 4, 2008 4:47 pm

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... es04m.html

This is the article that caught my attention. Even though you can only take so much from polls like these, I bet the general opinion of people in Southeastern Wisconsin would be like this if the Bucks left. Also the Bucks have been irrelevant in Milwaukee longer than the Sonics were in Seattle. And people here would say at least we still have the Brewers, Golden Eagles, and Packers(even though they're in Green Bay) Also only the sports media and the little Bucks fans that there are would try and argue how important the Bucks are to the city of Milwaukee. But the majority would say there not as important as other issues that affect the city. And even though the Miller Park issue was a while ago and the Brewers are winning, they're still some people who remember it and they will bring it up. I think its also going to take at least 5 years of consistent winning basketball from the Bucks for people to care, and even then it still would be hard to get an arena.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks