ImageImage

Board Regulation

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

TheTrivium
Junior
And1: 0

Board Regulation 

Post#1 » by TheTrivium » Sat Jul 5, 2008 1:58 am

Ive been frequenting these boards for quite awhile, even though I haven't posted much, but I have to agree with one of the posters in a thread below that was locked, this board is probably one of the most over regulated boards that i've been on. The moderator locks everything to one thread, and its so annoying to have to sort through a 40 page thread when, new info should be put in a brand new thread. I like this board, because for some reason all the Milwaukee fans post here, other sites just don't have the traffic, that other teams have on them, but I cant stand the way that this board is run.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Re: Board Regulation 

Post#2 » by Diggr14 » Sat Jul 5, 2008 2:16 am

I like how it is run.

If you dont like it, there are several other boards to post on and places to get information.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
TheTrivium
Junior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by TheTrivium » Sat Jul 5, 2008 2:20 am

Diggr14 wrote:I like how it is run.

If you dont like it, there are several other boards to post on and places to get information.

Did you read what I said at the bottom? All the Milwaukee fans post here, the other sites don't have enough traffic, personally im an ESPN board fan, there is no regulation there at all, but there is virtually no traffic on the Bucks board there, the Packer board there has a ton of traffic, but im forced to come here for the Bucks.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#4 » by Newz » Sat Jul 5, 2008 2:26 am

Next you should start a thread about how annoying the people who whine about the forum moderator are.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#5 » by WEFFPIM » Sat Jul 5, 2008 2:33 am

I don't get why there's people that have issues with the way MD and PP run this joint. They don't want duplicate threads. OH MY GOD, BURN THEM AT THE STAKE.

Give me a break.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#6 » by Chapter29 » Sat Jul 5, 2008 2:35 am

This is by far the best place for Bucks information.

This board is very well moderated and I appreciate it. The posts that were locked were simply an over zealous new poster. That new poster has probably created more threads than I have. Being a tad bit lazy just making threads rather than reading threads on the exact same topic and posting there.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#7 » by BobbyLight » Sat Jul 5, 2008 2:37 am

Thank God this board has the moderation it does. It wouldn't be as good without.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#8 » by WEFFPIM » Sat Jul 5, 2008 2:41 am

With the other topic about this being the only place to talk Bucks, it really is. I don't even remember how I stumbled on this place, but I'm glad I did, because then I would have, literally, one person to talk Bucks basketball with. This place also got me off the Brewers message board on theie website. You wanna see a place with no regulations at all, go there. It's a warzone.

And if you're complaining about the way things are regulated here, try Brewerfan.net. I can't imagine you survivng there.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#9 » by Chapter29 » Sat Jul 5, 2008 2:43 am

Dahner62084 wrote:Well I got a good 15,000 thousand posts on ESPN, and 92 on here so that tells you where I stand, my only problem is I gotta come here to get info about the Bucks.

Your loss.

I don't have an account on the ESPN board, nor do I read them with any regularity.

The reason you ask? OK you didn't but I will tell you.....too many idiots posting whatever they wish without any moderation. Without moderation there is chaos.
Giannis
is
UponUs
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#10 » by bigkurty » Sat Jul 5, 2008 2:56 am

Dahner62084 wrote:Well I got a good 15,000 thousand posts on ESPN, and 92 on here so that tells you where I stand, my only problem is I gotta come here to get info about the Bucks, and this is the most annoying site, the way it is run.

I love the moderation personally. I hated the fact that the ESPN boards would get taken over by immature name calling cry babies all the time. Seriously those boards just became so annoying and childish that I lost all interest in them. My suggestion is start your own site if it bugs you that much. If it's better than this one, people will eventually migrate over there. However if its unregulated like the ESPN boards people probably wont just so you know. Most of us here used to post on the ESPN and JSOnline boards before we found and became loyal to this place. I think MD's moderating over the years is what made our membership grow so much here actually. I mean look at how we are ranked so high in posts for not only the Bucks but also the Packers and the Brewers. And we are supposed to be a small market remember. Its obvious to me that even though you may not like the way its run, the majority of people do prefer how its run. Majority rules, Sorry.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks