ImageImage

Status of the Bucks Free Agents

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

itstheiryear
Sophomore
And1: 0

Status of the Bucks Free Agents 

Post#1 » by itstheiryear » Sat Jul 5, 2008 10:01 pm

Has anyone heard anything on the Bucks four free agents this summer?

I wouldn't mind Michael Ruffin or Royal Ivey back for minimum deals, but would rather not see another Jake Voskuhl at 3 mil per or Awvee Storey at any amount of money (I'm against having guards on the team who can't make half the free throws they take).

Also, do we have a team option on Storey or is he a restricted or unrestricted FA? I've seen conflicting info on this.

Anyone heard anything on whether these guys will be back or have generated any amount of interest around the league?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Re: Status of the Bucks Free Agents 

Post#2 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Jul 5, 2008 10:44 pm

They are all end of the bench filler. Whether they are back or we pick up other scrubs really doesn't matter.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#3 » by Mags FTW » Sat Jul 5, 2008 10:51 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:They are all end of the bench filler. Whether they are back or we pick up other scrubs really doesn't matter.

QFT

Royal Ivey, Anthony Goldwire, Erick Strickland...same crap, different names.
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#4 » by Andrew34r » Sat Jul 5, 2008 11:25 pm

Yeah if we are going to be any good next year they would be nothing more than 11th and 12th guys off the bench. But I would much rather it be somebody entertaining that we can rip on and use as a punching bag when things go wrong...someone that we can start an appreciation thread about and overreact to everything he does right....so I guess using that criteria we keep Ruffin.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#5 » by tedbrogen » Sun Jul 6, 2008 12:10 am

Agreed with pretty much everyone else. Any of those guys should be or could be 11th or 12th man.
I assume the Bucks have something similar to this as there first 10 players (in no particular order):
Sessions, Redd, RJ, Bogut, Alexander, Bell, Gadz, and whatever three players they get when moving Mo, CV, and Mason (or two players and whoever they use the MLE on).

So, if Ivey and Ruffin hang around at the end of the bench earning the minimum, fine with me. No need to spend money on guys who wouldn't be in the rotation when going over the luxury tax threshold is a legit concern.

Also, I am assuming they start Prince Luc in the D-League, so he can actually get playing time and develop his game more.

Voskul and Storey are big NO's. Let some other team pay them above minimum to do nothing.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#6 » by Buck You » Sun Jul 6, 2008 12:28 am

Sign Ervin.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#7 » by Diggr14 » Sun Jul 6, 2008 12:45 am

Larry K is looking for a gig. 12th man?
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#8 » by tedbrogen » Sun Jul 6, 2008 1:16 am

Marty Conlon.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#9 » by bigkurty » Sun Jul 6, 2008 1:49 am

those kind of guys don't usually get signed until later on so there phones are probably pretty silent right now with offers. All the GM's are spending their time looking to sign starters and 6th or 7th men right now with their cap space or MLE money. In another week or two, those types of guys will start getting calls.
Reggie White
Junior
And1: 5

Post#10 » by Reggie White » Sun Jul 6, 2008 2:27 am

Is Jack Haley available?

I'd like to see them add players at the end of the bench that will push the starters in practice. Hustle/effort/hard nosed types instead of diva scorers who think they should be starters (i.e. Boykins). The Celtics had a group of guys like that who ended putting up quality minutes for them (Leon Powe).
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#11 » by stellation » Sun Jul 6, 2008 2:35 am

Not that I think he would want to (ignoring the dollars), unless his issue was just with Larry K, I honestly wouldn't mind having Voskuhl back. There I said it. Not at 3 million, but just in general.
#FreeChuckDiesel
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#12 » by old skool » Mon Jul 7, 2008 4:46 am

Ivey played just under 20 mpg last season. Only 4.9 mpg less than Villanueva.

Royal started 20 games last year - almost 25% of the Bucks season.

That is a lot more than 11th or 12 man numbers.

Plus, sKiles has a habit of playing all of his players significant minutes at some point during the season.

oLd sKool
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#13 » by jeremyd236 » Mon Jul 7, 2008 4:49 am

Marcus Haislip, Eric Strickland, Ervin Johnson, Toni Kukoc

Bring back the classics
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#14 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Mon Jul 7, 2008 6:01 am

Reggie White wrote:Is Jack Haley available?

I'd like to see them add players at the end of the bench that will push the starters in practice. Hustle/effort/hard nosed types instead of diva scorers who think they should be starters (i.e. Boykins). The Celtics had a group of guys like that who ended putting up quality minutes for them (Leon Powe).

Not the best example really. Powe was extremely talented, then he tore up his ACL after his junior year in HS. Came back to average 27/15 his Senior year. Still had problems with the knee his freshman year though he averaged 15/10, then had 2 major surgeries on the knee so he missed a year. Came back and averaged 20/10.
He slipped to the 2nd round because teams were worried about the knee.

(Funny to see the Celtics going that same route again grabbing Bill Walker)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks