ImageImage

TI: GS CHI PHI MIL (pretty good i think)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Redbeardwirc0830
Banned User
And1: 0

TI: GS CHI PHI MIL (pretty good i think) 

Post#1 » by Redbeardwirc0830 » Sun Jul 6, 2008 6:15 am

Philadelphia
out- andre miller, reggie evans
in- mo williams, drew gooden dan gadzuric

why: They are in rebuilding mode right now. mo williams and drew gooden are both talented young players. Andre is a free agent at the end of the season and would most likely walk...here you get a very solid replacement. the contracts of reggie evans and gadz are basically a swap

starters: bench:
mo/young/iggy/gooden/dalembert lou williams/green/carney/jason smith/speights

Golden State
out- al harrington, brandan wright
in- kirk hinrich, desmond mason

why: Hinrich would be the perfect pg next to monta and in the gs system. desmond mason is a athlete that can still play, but is also an expring contract. gs just drafted anthony randolph who pretty much duplicates brandan wright. The still have enought money to land either brand or josh smith.

hinrich/ellis/jackson/brand or smith/biedrins pietrus/barnes/randolph/mason/bellinelli

Chicago
out- kirk hinrich, drew gooden
in- al harrington, charlie villauneva

why: We all know that kirk has got to go now the rose is in town. charlie and al both provide the bulls with some scoring in many different ways. Another plus is that both of the contracts can be up at the end of the year so they can re negotiate or use the cap space depending on which direction they want to head.

rose/hughes/deng/harrington/noah gordon/nocioni/sefelosha/thomas/villanueva/gray

Milwaukee
out- mo williams, charlie villanueva, dan gadzuric
in- andre miller, brandan wright, reggie evans

why: By trading yi the bucks went into win now mode or at least win soon mode. andre miller is a great veteran pg to lead this team. brandan wright is a solid swap for charlie villanueva and gadzuric and evans contracts pretty much work out the same.

miller/redd/jefferson/evans/bogut sessions/bell/mbah a moute/alexander/wright

I think overall this trade works well for where each team is trying to head. It doesnt work on trade checker, but it would if the new salary cap space was taken into account on espn's trade machine.
smalls
Junior
And1: 0

Re: TI: GS CHI PHI MIL (pretty good i think) 

Post#2 » by smalls » Sun Jul 6, 2008 6:21 am

the only flaw in this is that philly is not in rebuilding mode and actually has cap space to add to a team that was rather dominant towards the end of last year. They dont need to make any sort of move like this. I do see GS making some sort of reactive trade involvin harrington though and Chi is probably a good bet.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#3 » by Jez2983 » Sun Jul 6, 2008 6:52 am

LOL - I like how you trade Gadz to Philly then don't even include him on their depth chart :lol:

Evans can get boards, but I don't know if he's the defensive PF we need paired with Bogut. I still can't understand the Miller for Mo thing as well, as if Miller is slightly better, Mo is younger so it's basically a wash.

And where's Mason?
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,843

Post#4 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Jul 6, 2008 12:52 pm

GS is intriguing if only because they have a lot of cap space now and could take back a lot more contract than they send out in a trade. That might not be what the Bucks are looking for but getting a third team involved could allow the Bucks to send Mo to GS while GS basically sends a 2nd rounder plus cap relief to a team trying to unload a veteran in the name of rebuilding or avoiding the luxury tax.

Acquiring Camby in this fashion is the first thing that comes to mind as Denver badly wants cap relief.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks