ImageImage

Free Agent Backup 4's

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Re: Free Agent Backup 4's 

Post#41 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Tue Jul 8, 2008 8:11 am

aaprigs311 wrote:I think we should turn to a different Smith. Would Cleveland consider Dez for Joe Smith? Bring back Joe and sign Kurt Thomas. They can split time at PF. That's the type of combo that seems reasonable to me. I doubt we get one awesome and "sexy" PF like everyone wants. I'd still love David Lee, I'm amazed the Bucks haven't been mentioned in any Knicks rumors considering they are desperate for a PG and also CV would be a nice fit in their new scheme. What about something like Mo/CV for Robinson/Lee/Filler? Robinson obviously isn't the greatest defender but he can at least stay in front of his guy and brings a lot of energy. Lee is the 12/10 scrapper we need. I hope Hammond is looking at Lee, he'd be a great addition.

As much as I like David Lee, I cannot stand Nate Robinson and would rather find some other way to move Mo and CV.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading Dez for Joe Smith as a contingency plan if too many other things we were looking at fall through. If we're keeping Joe Alexander with Richard Jefferson, Dez really doesn't fit here.

Regardless of what we do at PF, Joe Smith would be useful in some capacity and more useful to the roster than Dez.

However, I think Dez may be more useful to us as part of a trade package to help us get more in return for Mo and/or CV.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Re: Free Agent Backup 4's 

Post#42 » by Nebula1 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 11:07 am

I like Craig Smith as well. Also, Lorenzen Wright may have a few drops left in the tank and is still a pretty tough guy. Joe Smith is welcome back any time. I'd trade Desmond for him, although I suspect Mason's contract is important for a bigger deal as GAD stated.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks