ImageImage

Game Thread:Bucks v. Grizzlies 9pm CST Tonight

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Debit One
Starter
And1: 84

Re: Game Thread:Bucks v. Grizzlies 9pm CST Tonight 

Post#421 » by Debit One » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:37 am

This thread, and the fact that a fairly reasonable guy like PP is going crazy over JA's first summer league game, tells me that this is going to be a long and amusing season on this board.
Debit One
Starter
And1: 84

Post#422 » by Debit One » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:40 am

Oh, and Love had 18/13 tonight. I told you guys that we should have traded Yi + no. 8 to get him.

:-)
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#423 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:11 am

Sigra wrote:
I still hope that we trade JA for veteran help as soon as posible

I still think that is a possibility.
We only have to wait until August 8th to actually put that kind of transaction through. That is 25 days from now. That isn't too much longer of a wait than the Raptors and Pacers had between when they agreed on a Ford+ for Jermaine O'Neal trade and when they officially consummated it.

randy84 wrote:I hate to say it, but I agree. I don't think that we can get rid of CV unless we get a legit PF because right now there is no way Alexander can be an effective defensive PF.

I am not at all high on Alexander at PF, but I don't see why that would mean we have to keep Villanueva., who has shown time after time to this point that he himself is a terrible defender. If Villanueva is not a player that is going to be helpful to this team, you don't keep him around because of Alexander. We can always sign different temporary players to fill in at PF Or trade for them.

adamcz wrote:There are two huge differences between us and the Pistons. One Rockmaninoff already pointed out, is that they have a much better collection of players, and we still have to assemble that. Two is that our draft pick is worth a lot more than theirs. They wouldn't be able to trade their #25 (or whatever) pick for much of anything anyway, so they might as well draft a four year college player who's ready to be a bench player from day one and hope he gets better. A #8 pick has a lot more value, and in most years could be traded for the type of veteran starter that we really need.

But there's more than one way to skin a cat, and the summer isn't over.

I have to agree with you and Rockmaninoff on this one.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks