Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

redred9
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Re: Bogut Bonuses still not known/Salary NOT FLAT though 

Post#41 » by redred9 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:24 am

Nowak008 wrote:
europa wrote:
You shouldn't have to. If the Bucks had gone beyond 5/$60M for Bogut I wouldn't have been thrilled either.

We did go beyond that, the incentives.

and rightfully so. If he stays the player he is, he is worth his contract. IF he improves (for example, Bogut would be a much different player with his jumpshot back, or if he continues to improve defensively ) he still gets paid his worth. Pretty fair deal from both sides that i can see.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#42 » by europa » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:28 pm

Nowak008 wrote:
europa wrote:
You shouldn't have to. If the Bucks had gone beyond 5/$60M for Bogut I wouldn't have been thrilled either.

We did go beyond that, the incentives.

We don't know what the incentives are beyond the two that have been reported. Those were Bogut making the All-NBA team and the Bucks making the Finals. If either of those occur or better yet both occur, I'm not going to be whining about Bogut making a million or two more that season. Hell, I might feel like giving him a raise.

Again, if the incentives are easy to reach and not tied in to significant team and individual improvement than yes I will agree Hammond (or perhaps Kohl) did a bad job with the contract. But if the incentives are closer to what has been reported I would think people in this forum would be thrilled if Bogut reached them.
Nothing will not break me.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#43 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:33 pm

I'm still very curious about Bogut's incentives. But I'm more more curious about that little gem in the JS article, that there was one non-economic issue that was very important to Bogut. Wonder if we'll ever know what it was; shame on the JS for not pressing for it.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#44 » by paul » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:45 pm

adamcz wrote:I'm still very curious about Bogut's incentives. But I'm more more curious about that little gem in the JS article, that there was one non-economic issue that was very important to Bogut. Wonder if we'll ever know what it was; shame on the JS for not pressing for it.

I thought the same thing adam, given how openly his agent stated that there was a 'non-economic' issue I'm surprised someone didn't push harder to try to find out what it was. We could speculate all day about it - the break-up of the backcourt? Stability in the coaching ranks? Guaranteed release to play for his country? Automatic release if the bucks were to relocate? Like I said we could speculate all day but I'd love to know.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,480

Post#45 » by old skool » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:20 pm

adamcz wrote:But I'm more more curious about that little gem in the JS article, that there was one non-economic issue that was very important to Bogut. Wonder if we'll ever know what it was; shame on the JS for not pressing for it.

Bogut probably wants to be guaranteed 20 minutes a game.

os
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,913

Post#46 » by stellation » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:26 pm

paul wrote:I thought the same thing adam, given how openly his agent stated that there was a 'non-economic' issue I'm surprised someone didn't push harder to try to find out what it was. We could speculate all day about it - the break-up of the backcourt? Stability in the coaching ranks? Guaranteed release to play for his country? Automatic release if the bucks were to relocate? Like I said we could speculate all day but I'd love to know.

I would not be at all suprised if that is it.
#FreeChuckDiesel
TheGhostDog
Senior
And1: 2

Post#47 » by TheGhostDog » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:37 pm

GAD or somebody who knows better please correct me, but aren't flat contracts exceedingly rare for NBA stars? That was my assumption, but I've never really looked into it. When I first heard Bogut's base might be fixed at 12 mil per I thought that was quite strange.
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#48 » by icat2000 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:46 pm

It will be playing for his country.
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#49 » by power4wardjinx » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:53 pm

Center salaries are fairly flat - Camby's actually decreases, which is rare. Ilgauskus took a pay cut a few years ago when he resigned with Cleveland. Okur's is basically flat. Chandler and Dalembert's are a bit backloaded but not too much. It seems like the max deals are the ones that tend not to be flat

So far the main source on what the contract is and what the incentives are has been Bogut's agent, David Bauman, and isn't he the guy who said it was flat?
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blog ... fault.aspx
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#50 » by bango_the_buck » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:09 pm

adamcz wrote:I'm still very curious about Bogut's incentives. But I'm more more curious about that little gem in the JS article, that there was one non-economic issue that was very important to Bogut. Wonder if we'll ever know what it was; shame on the JS for not pressing for it.

I took the 'non-economic issue' simply to be referring to his desire for the Bucks to agree to terms on his contract before he went to play for the Australian national team this summer...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#51 » by jerrod » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:30 pm

we still haven't found out the exact bonuses right?

i just saw this in an article about okafor's deal
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_d ... =nba,97327

"Bogut's deal is different. He's from the 2005 class, which means it only runs for five years, and it could be worth much more than the 12 million a year he's going to make on average, but only if he starts for the Eastern All-Stars next year on his way toward leading the Bucks to the NBA title. Seriously. Provided Andrew continues to improve at his current rate, he's making about the same per year as Emeka, though only for five seasons. "
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#52 » by fam3381 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:11 pm

jerrod wrote:we still haven't found out the exact bonuses right?

I think Kelly was just using the post I did on Brew Hoop last week.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#53 » by Sigra » Sun Aug 3, 2008 8:54 pm

And STILL nothing?
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#54 » by fam3381 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 12:09 am

Sigra wrote:And STILL nothing?

I posted about it in the Biedrins thread, but I probably should have put it in this one.

viewtopic.php?p=17052460#p17052460
http://www.brewhoop.com/2008/7/23/57736 ... bogut-s-de
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#55 » by Sigra » Tue Aug 5, 2008 6:59 pm

ok thanks

Return to Milwaukee Bucks