ImageImage

Alternate Jersey

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BigThree131034
Ballboy
And1: 0

Alternate Jersey 

Post#1 » by BigThree131034 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:27 pm

Hey everyone, long-time reader first time poster...

I searched the forums and didn't find anything on this, so forgive me if I missed something. I believe now that we're entering our third year with the new uniforms we can introduce an alternate road jersey. I can't find anything online but has anyone heard anything about this?
The NBA - Where fixing the 2001 Eastern Conference Finals happens...
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Re: Alternate Jersey 

Post#2 » by crkone » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:27 pm

This is brought up every once in a while but I don't think anyone had any news on it at those times.
Todd_Day
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#3 » by Todd_Day » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:44 pm

to my knowledge it was happening at one point and now is no longer happening.

I think the Senator is not a fan of alts. and he tries to keep things classic and simplified.
The Milwaukee Bucks. Still the only major Milwaukee team to get closest to a title since the mid 1980's.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#4 » by jerrod » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:49 pm

kinda makes me wonder if that idea ramped up to sell some red stuff in china
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#5 » by worthlessBucks » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:52 pm

Todd_Day wrote:to my knowledge it was happening at one point and now is no longer happening.

I think the Senator is not a fan of alts. and he tries to keep things classic and simplified.

Don't forget ugly.
Go Bucks!
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#6 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:00 pm

I always thought Hunter Green and Blaze Orange would be cool. Not as festive as the current color scheme though.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#7 » by BobbyLight » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:01 pm

It's no longer happening. Not sure why, but it's not going to be this year.
jerrod
RealGM
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#8 » by jerrod » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:10 pm

MFScho wrote:
Todd_Day wrote:to my knowledge it was happening at one point and now is no longer happening.

Don't forget ugly.

"I think the UGLY Senator is not a fan of alts. and he tries to keep things classic and simplified"

geez man, that's just mean :D
Todd_Day
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#9 » by Todd_Day » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:10 pm

i think fans would love it.

I've always wanted a "414" jersey, something really out there.
The Milwaukee Bucks. Still the only major Milwaukee team to get closest to a title since the mid 1980's.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#10 » by jeremyd236 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:22 pm

You know what fans would like more than an Alternate Road Jersey? A 40 win season
Cold Crush 24
Sixth Man
And1: 151

Post#11 » by Cold Crush 24 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:33 pm

How about a nice brown jersey with a tail on the shorts. Maybe some antler headbands too.
Finals in 2017
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#12 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:50 pm

I'm thinking blue to match Kohls sportcoat. Then when he's in the locker room he'll blend right in, you'll never know he's there.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
LarryHarris
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by LarryHarris » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:17 pm

It seems like we talked about this at the beginning of last season and then someone mentioned the thing about having to be in the third year of a new uni to have an alt. If I remember correctly, we were thinking that they would be red. What I'd like to see, and I don't know if we could pull this off, seeing that aesthetically, the recent logo overhaul was good for nothing (although, I do like the unis), is something along the lines of what the Cavs did. It seems like they wear the red road jersey less and less, and more and more we see them in the Blue. That blue uni rocks. It isn't too different than the red one, but there are several nice touches, include the multicolored bands around the sleeves and necks. Unfortunately, we don't have a very good history with alternate unis... remember the green Bucks uni during the purple scheme?

I'd been hoping they'd go back to the original green and red, however, I feel like they really copped out by keeping the same logo, and the script is just ugly...

It'd be great to see something new, and I'd always be a fan of seeing the name of the city on the uni...
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#14 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:35 pm

LarryHarris wrote:It seems like we talked about this at the beginning of last season and then someone mentioned the thing about having to be in the third year of a new uni to have an alt. If I remember correctly, we were thinking that they would be red. What I'd like to see, and I don't know if we could pull this off, seeing that aesthetically, the recent logo overhaul was good for nothing (although, I do like the unis), is something along the lines of what the Cavs did. It seems like they wear the red road jersey less and less, and more and more we see them in the Blue. That blue uni rocks. It isn't too different than the red one, but there are several nice touches, include the multicolored bands around the sleeves and necks. Unfortunately, we don't have a very good history with alternate unis... remember the green Bucks uni during the purple scheme?

I'd been hoping they'd go back to the original green and red, however, I feel like they really copped out by keeping the same logo, and the script is just ugly...

It'd be great to see something new, and I'd always be a fan of seeing the name of the city on the uni...

You want to know why we kept it?
Because Herb Kohl decided to be a cheapass. I hate how he does that. Yes he spends alot on players sometimes, but then he'll all of a sudden just start getting really cheap.

Teams have to pay some sort of fee to overhaul their logo. Its much cheaper if they just tweak and recolor it. (im not sure if there even is a fee, though probably)

Some other examples, Minnesota this year, Denver in 03/04 and again this year, Hornets this year (though for some reason that hasnt been officially released yet, but they used it on draft night), the Jazz in 04/05, Toronto this year (why they didnt get rid of the purple in the logo when they got rid of it the uniforms made no sense but whatever, now they have), Portland in 04/05 (all they did was put Trail above Blazers), Phoenix 00/01, Miami 99/00, Indiana 05/06 (they changed the font of pacers and put an outline around the P, Boston 96/97 (just colored in the guy and put a border around the circle), Atlanta 07/08 (Color change and different font)

Look here if you want to see what I mean on any of those
http://sportslogos.net/league.php?id=6
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#15 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:06 pm

I'm ready for a throwback.
I am the only one that actually liked these. I thought they were unique.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#16 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:12 pm

Yeah, I dont understand why so many people hate those. They were much better than the stupid purple uniforms.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#17 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:28 pm

I may be having brain lock, but has any other NBA have a picture on their jersey? I've see claws and stuff on the back but nothing as big as the buck. Wonder if the NBA still allows them
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#18 » by BobbyLight » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:41 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I may be having brain lock, but has any other NBA have a picture on their jersey? I've see claws and stuff on the back but nothing as big as the buck. Wonder if the NBA still allows them

The Raptors

Suns:

Nuggets:

Those come to my mind right away.
MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man
And1: 46

Post#19 » by MetroDrugUnit » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:17 pm

Those were Fug-Lee. How about a 1970's Bucks Era Throwback?
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#20 » by WEFFPIM » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:17 am

Ever since the color switch, a red alternate jersey has always been rumored, but has never transpired.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks