ImageImage

Monta gets a reported 6YR/$66M

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Re: Monta gets a reported 6YR/$66M 

Post#41 » by Nowak008 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:40 am

paulpressey25 wrote: We'll see next year how much Baron Davis stirred the drink out there.

Agreed. Life is easier when u are playing next to a top 3 PG. It will be interesting to see if Monta can be a full time ball hander while still being effective. He only played 12% of the available mins at PG last year. Monta is really a SG who can play PG rather then Mo who is a PG who can play SG.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Post#42 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:32 am

adamcz wrote: The only negative to him is something we in Milwaukee know well - paying a high salary to a player who isn't one of the key cogs to a championship team ...... It's the rationalization we've become experts at with Redd and Mo (and Bogut?)...

Other than the fact GS has had nice success the last two years, they are the mirror of us. Collecting a bunch of not great, but not crappy either type talent. Then after 2-3 years of collecting said mediocre talent we're forced to overpay to keep it.

We really can match them stroke for stroke with ripoff contracts the last ten years:

Us: Gadzuric, Tim Thomas, Bobby Simmons, Mo, Redd, (maybe Bogut in two years), we traded for Jason Caffey who got his crappy contract from GS, Anthony Mason, etc.

GSW: Dunleavy, Murphy, Foyle, Caffey, J-Rich, now Monta.

I know I'm missing a bunch of guys on both teams.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#43 » by jerrod » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:50 am

paulpressey25 wrote: Collecting a bunch of not great, but not crappy either type talent. Then after 2-3 years of collecting said mediocre talent we're forced to overpay to keep it.

i gotta disagree with you, Baron Davis is a great player and was the absolute perfect style of player for that team. we don't have that
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#44 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:15 am

Steven Jackson is a player every team in the league would love to have as well. He's a bargain with his current deal and brings heart and defense. But Magette, Harrington, Ellis and eventually Biedrins...that core isn't beating any of the contenders out West, so what's the point? You can say the same for the Bucks. They've got good players but nobody elite and that's what it takes to contend.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#45 » by bigkurty » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:38 am

DrugBust wrote: They've got good players but nobody elite and that's what it takes to contend.

I have to admit AdamCZ has been saying the same thing for a couple years now I think so for all you who get frustrated with him, remember, he knows what he is talking about for the most part.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks