PACERS GET gadz, 2 protected 1sts
GIVE foster, 2nd
WHY get 2 1sts to rebuild

bogut / foster / allen
cv / smith / ja / allen
rj / dez / ja / m2
redd / bell / jones
ramon / lue / bell

can still trade CV to clips or grizz for protected 1st or something (and/or bell or dez)
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Re: TI - 3 team 

Post#2 » by aaprigs311 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:04 am

Whaaat?!
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#3 » by bango_the_buck » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:41 am

Can we please stop with the Mo to the Cavs trades? Not because I think it's a bad idea or even unlikely to occur, but because I'm tired of hearing a certain poster drone on about how great Boobie Gibson is...
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,025

Post#4 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:45 am

That is primarily a salary dump trade. I think people remember the Joe Smith from five years ago and not the Joe Smith of today who plays well about every fifth game. Damon is worthless. Foster would be a great backup center.

I like dumping the Mo and Gadz contracts, but don't like the return back here, even with the salary dump benefits.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#5 » by coolhandluke121 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:22 pm

PP, people have been saying Joe Smith is washed up since before the Bucks traded for him but he keeps finding a way to contribute on solid teams. He is fading very gradually - nothing about his play has indicated that he will all of a sudden be useless one day. I mean, he was supposed to be washed up for sure when he had the knee surgery in his final season with the Bucks, but he came back from that and was the most productive player on the team for a month. Then he struggled a bit in Denver, but was very good for Philly for a few months and helped lead them to the late-season surge in 2007 that helped propel them to the playoffs the following year. Then the Bulls, a solid playoff team with aspirations of winning the East, saw fit to give him 2/$10m and eventually the Cavs traded for him. He hits jumpers and ft's and plays smart defense and would definitely contribute in 15-20 mpg for the Bucks because even when he's not putting up numbers he's playing the game the right way and doing some of the little things it takes to win games.

Foster of course would be a great fit, but there's no reason the Bucks would have to throw in a protected first. But dumping Mo and Gadz for Foster and Smith would be great IMO.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
gobrewersbucks
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#6 » by gobrewersbucks » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:47 pm

ur kidding right?
Jeff Foster and joe Smith.
WEre getting 2 old Bucks in Smith and Jones.
THats horible.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#7 » by trwi7 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:11 pm

There's no chance I'm giving up a 1st, protected or not to get Jeff Foster, Joe Smith and Damon Jones. And we have to add Mo? Terrible.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man
And1: 46

Post#8 » by MetroDrugUnit » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:04 am

Wow, we are getting board, Hammond better do something quick. We got spoiled with the RJ trade and now we're all going crazy. And yet again we have another Cleveland TI, super.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#9 » by jeremyd236 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:49 am

gobrewersbucks wrote:ur kidding right?
Jeff Foster and joe Smith.
WEre getting 2 old Bucks in Smith and Jones.
THats horible.

Welcome to the board. The purpose of the trade is to dump salary because of a certain financial situation that our team is under right now. We've got a maxed out Redd, and huge contracts with Bogut, Mo, and Jefferson. This wouldn't be too bad if our team could make the playoffs, or if it didn't pay Dan Gadzuric 6 million/year to play 2 minutes per game.

Again, the point is to dump salary.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#10 » by eagle13 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:32 am

jeremyd236 wrote:Welcome to the board. The purpose of the trade is to dump salary because of a certain financial situation that our team is under right now. We've got a maxed out Redd, and huge contracts with Bogut, Mo, and Jefferson. This wouldn't be too bad if our team could make the playoffs, or if it didn't pay Dan Gadzuric 6 million/year to play 2 minutes per game.

Again, the point is to dump salary.

And at same time pick up a useful back up 5 that is a very good rebounder and a marginally useful Smith. The sal dump IS the point but both those guys are also at least contributors this season. And maybe next year resign foster and let jones & smith, with Dez & Lue expire.
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#11 » by aaprigs311 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:23 am

I don't care how bad next years draft is going to be. You don't trade one of your best players and give up your first rounder for garbage. I understand the salary dump, but you just don't give a decent player like Mo to a division rival. That's just silly. Why would you help the Cavs out? Welcome to reality, jeremy.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#12 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:05 am

This doesnt seem quite fair.

How about we throw in Redd, unprotect the first, throw in another unprotected first and Indiana adds Marquis Daniels and Rasho.

I mean after all, It dumps salary, therefor its a good idea. Who cares about talent anyways?

ETA: You know what? How about we get another expiring too, give RJ to Indiana, and have Cleveland send Wally to Milwaukee.

Incoming
Marquis Daniels
Jeff Foster
Joe Smith
Damon Jones
Wally
Rasho

Indiana gets Gadz, RJ, 2 firsts from us
Cavs get Redd, Mo

Salary Dump FTW

Return to Milwaukee Bucks