ImageImage

Wade still wants a PG

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Re: Wade still wants a PG 

Post#61 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:37 pm

Pargo isn't signed yet, however he seems to be leaning toward teams challenging for a Championship (ie the Spurs) so I don't see him coming to Miami.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#62 » by raferfenix » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:18 pm

I agree that Riley would not use CV much, but the argument that he would have to extend him makes no sense, as I bet Riles would rather jsut let him go. This is why I think any Bucks/heat deal involving CV would invovle a third team:

Bucks trade: Mo Williams, Desmond Mason, CV
Bucks receive: Shawn Marion

Pacers trade: Jeff Foster, Shawne Williams
Pacers receive: Desmond Mason, CV

Heat trade: Shawn Marion
Heat receive: Mo Williams, Jeff Foster, Shawne Williams

or

Cavs trade: Anderson Varajao, Alexander Pavlovic
Cavs receive: Desmond Mason, CV

Heat receive: Mo Williams, Anderson Varajao, Alexander Pavlovic

If need be I can see the Bucks taking back Marcus Banks in either of those deals if we are able to dump Gadzuric at the same time. In both these deals Miami fills their two most problem positions and retain a whole lot of their cap flexibility, and if there is a better hypotehtical deal for them to be made this summer I haven't seen it.
cavsfan_osiris
Starter
And1: 4

Post#63 » by cavsfan_osiris » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:47 pm

Why in the world would the Bucks need Shawn Marion? It would have to be just as an expiring because he makes no sense otherwise. The Bucks should be looking to make a run at the post-season this year.

If the team doesn't look good by the trade deadline then I you can look to get an expiring and preserving some financial flexibility down the road, but it makes no sense to me before anyone knows how good or bad this group is.
much respect to the 2011-2012 champions, Miami Heat, well deserved
Flash is the Future
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#64 » by Flash is the Future » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:20 pm

raferfenix wrote:I agree that Riley would not use CV much, but the argument that he would have to extend him makes no sense, as I bet Riles would rather jsut let him go. This is why I think any Bucks/heat deal involving CV would invovle a third team:

Pacers trade: Jeff Foster, Shawne Williams
Pacers receive: Desmond Mason, CV

Heat receive: Mo Williams, Jeff Foster, Shawne Williams

or

Cavs trade: Anderson Varajao, Alexander Pavlovic
Cavs receive: Desmond Mason, CV

Heat receive: Mo Williams, Anderson Varajao, Alexander Pavlovic

If need be I can see the Bucks taking back Marcus Banks in either of those deals if we are able to dump Gadzuric at the same time. In both these deals Miami fills their two most problem positions and retain a whole lot of their cap flexibility, and if there is a better hypotehtical deal for them to be made this summer I haven't seen it.

Obviously not (a Banks for Gadz swap). Though I like these deals for the Heat, I don't see the Cavs or Pacers being interested. Plus, we'd need to get Banks out somehow if we're acquiring Mo. I could see us using Daequan Cook/Dorell Wright to dump Banks, (preferrably not for a PG so that we can get Chalmers PT). If we could swing that I could see Miami going with this deal. It's getting the 3rd team to agree that wouldn't happen IMO.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#65 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:28 pm

cavsfan_osiris wrote:Why in the world would the Bucks need Shawn Marion? It would have to be just as an expiring because he makes no sense otherwise. The Bucks should be looking to make a run at the post-season this year.

If the team doesn't look good by the trade deadline then I you can look to get an expiring and preserving some financial flexibility down the road, but it makes no sense to me before anyone knows how good or bad this group is.

It depends on how you want to use him. Marion is a very very good defensive player and capable of playing PF on a team that is going to play up tempo. He rebounds well for his size and a line up of the following could be very successful during the season and in the post season:

Defensive minded PG/Sessions/Lue
Michael Redd/Charlie Bell/free agent
Richard Jefferson/Joe Alexander/LR Mbah a Moute
Shawn Marion/Franscisco Elson/Joe Alexander
Andrew Bogut/Dan Gadzirc/Malik Allen
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#66 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:31 pm

I think we forget looking at Miami.....I don't think Riley has any clue what he wants. He can wait two more years for capspace if he wants.....but I'm sure Bernie Mac right now could care less about "2010".

I still wonder if we could pull a Mo/Dez for Odom trade if the Lakers think Bynum is 100%.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
cavsfan_osiris
Starter
And1: 4

Post#67 » by cavsfan_osiris » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:00 pm

Shawn Marion is not a power forward under coach Skiles. For Nellie or D'Antoni he can play some PF, but not in most systems.

I think Sessions is vastly overrated by most people on these boards. He has shown potential, but nothing more. You'd think he was a proven commodity the way some people talk about him on here.
much respect to the 2011-2012 champions, Miami Heat, well deserved

Return to Milwaukee Bucks