ImageImage

Winners and losers of the NBA's offseason (so far) Chad Ford

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Winners and losers of the NBA's offseason (so far) Chad Ford 

Post#1 » by crkone » Mon Aug 4, 2008 8:09 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=Offseason-080804&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

The great thing about the offseason is that every team can feel like a contender -- for a few short weeks anyway. A great draft pick, a savvy free agent pickup or a timely trade can change the fortunes of a franchise virtually overnight.

The downside, of course, is that a bad draft pick, a free agent bolting to another team or a bungled trade can do serious damage to a team's outlook. And sometimes, a team's inaction can be the worst blow of all to a hope-filled fan base.

We're five weeks into the NBA's silly season. Most of the unrestricted free agents have signed contracts. Many of the top restricted free agents are now coming to terms with their respective teams. And we've even had a few big trades.

Who's improved this summer? Who's taken a step back? Here's our first take at this offseason's winners and losers:

WINNERS

Philadelphia 76ers
The Sixers landed the biggest free-agent coup of the summer when they stole Elton Brand from the Clippers. Brand fills the biggest need of a team that played solid basketball in the second half of last season.

Now the team has two veterans at key positions -- Brand anchoring the paint and Andre Miller running the point -- and a slew of talented young studs like Thaddeus Young, Louis Williams, Samuel Dalembert and first-round pick Marreese Speights.

If the Sixers get Andre Iguodala locked up in the next few weeks, they should be one of the top three of four teams in the East.

Indiana Pacers
The Pacers did most of their work prior to the draft and on draft night, although none of it could be officially announced until July. For a team that was capped out and had no future, the Pacers found solid value for Jermaine O'Neal, fixed their problem at point guard with the addition of T.J. Ford and Jarrett Jack and added a couple of solid rookies in Brandon Rush and Roy Hibbert. Most importantly, Larry Bird and David Morway gave themselves considerable cap flexibility starting next summer.

As for the upcoming season, the Pacers could be a sleeper to sneak into the playoffs, especially if they can find a home for Jamaal Tinsley and shore up the power forward position.

Toronto Raptors
Here is the great thing about the Raptors-Pacers trade of T.J. Ford and Jermaine O'Neal: It helped both teams. The Raptors had a hole in the middle and a logjam at point guard. In one fell swoop they filled the hole in the middle with O'Neal and broke the logjam at the point by finding a taker for Ford.

If O'Neal is truly healthy, as his camp and the Raptors claim, he and Chris Bosh will form one of the best frontlines in the East.

The Raps also made one of the more underrated moves in free agency, locking up Jose Calderon at a bargain contract for a borderline All-Star point guard.

Houston Rockets
The Rockets pulled off the most controversial move of the summer when they agreed to acquire Ron Artest from the Kings. This is one of those all-or-nothing moves whose effect is impossible to forecast.

If Artest is on his best behavior, the Rockets are a serious force to be reckoned with in the West. If he's on his worst behavior, he could cause this team to implode the way he did with an elite Pacers team a few years ago. The Pacers are still recovering from Artest's antics in Indiana, which is scary.

Whatever you think of the deal, you have to hand it to the Rockets. They were bold and realized that their window with Tracy McGrady is closing. If it pays off, the Rockets look like geniuses. And if it blows up, they can still quickly dump Artest.

With Artest in the last season of his contract and looking for a big deal next summer, the guess is that he'll be on his best behavior.

Portland Trail Blazers
The Blazers didn't make any major moves this summer. But they've improved enough that you have to believe they'll be a serious contender for one of the eight playoff spots in the West next season.

The Blazers had yet another good draft, landing Jerryd Bayless, who lit up the summer league and looks like he can compete immediately for a starting position at the point. They also lured last year's late first-round pick Rudy Fernandez over to play. Fernandez is already a star in Europe. If he can make his game translate to the NBA, the Blazers' backcourt just got much deeper.

But the biggest addition will be Greg Oden. The team says his knee is completely healed and he's on track to be at full strength for training camp. The addition of those three, without any real subtractions, should translate into a playoff run in Portland this coming season.

Milwaukee Bucks
The Bucks had a big hole at small forward and filled it by acquiring an accomplished player in his prime in Richard Jefferson. Now the team is loaded with players who can score -- Jefferson, Michael Redd, Mo Williams, Andrew Bogut and Charlie Villanueva can all put the ball in the basket.

The question is, can this team play defense? New coach Scott Skiles will have his hands full getting this crew to buckle down. Still, for a team that seemed to be going nowhere fast, the Bucks look like they'll be much stronger than the 26-win team last season. The playoffs might be a stretch, but respectability is a good thing, too.

LOSERS

Atlanta Hawks
You've got to hand it to the Hawks, currently the most dysfunctional team in the NBA. After finally making the playoffs and pushing the Celtics to a seventh game in the first round, the Hawks looked like the team on the rise. Then the offseason came and the Hawks' ownership group, Atlanta Spirit, got to work.

Their first move was a good one, letting GM Billy Knight walk. The Hawks were in the playoffs despite Knight's consistent botching of the draft, not because of him. Unfortunately, after Knight resigned, everything got seriously mangled in Atlanta. A number of the top GM candidates they pursued said "no, thanks" and the Hawks ended up settling on Rick Sund, a nice guy who's failed badly as a GM in his last two stops in Seattle and Detroit.

Sund's first move was to bring back head coach Mike Woodson -- a guy who several players don't really like and whose coaching style doesn't fit the talent on the team.

Then the Hawks completely mishandled Josh Childress. First, they offered him a contract for less than the midlevel exception. Then they told him to go find a better deal, thinking no team would make a strong offer. Childress found a better deal in Greece and warned the Hawks he'd take the money. The Hawks called his bluff and Childress took the money and ran. Normally, I wouldn't make such a fuss over a sixth man, but Childress was the glue that held the team together -- he was very underrated.

Now the Hawks are between a rock and hard place with Josh Smith. Their offer is lower than what Emeka Okafor and Luol Deng got. Smith is upset and doesn't really want to play in Atlanta. If they up the offer, they risk overpaying a player who is unhappy in Atlanta. If the Hawks don't increase the offer, they risk Smith taking the one-year qualifying offer in Atlanta and bolting next summer as an unrestricted free agent.

Los Angeles Clippers
The Clippers once held the coveted title of most dysfunctional franchise in the league and they made a lot of strides toward reclaiming it this summer.

Everything started off so well. They shocked many by quickly coming to terms with Warriors free agent Baron Davis -- filling a big need at the point. Pairing Davis with Elton Brand was supposed to put the Clippers on a course back to the playoffs in the West. Unfortunately, the team then inexplicably lost Brand to the Sixers a week later. Brand's people say the Clippers mishandled the negotiations. The Clippers point the finger at Brand's agent, David Falk.

Suddenly, the Clippers' dream team was a nightmare. At this point in his career, Davis making $65 million stretches credulity, even if he's motivated. An unmotivated Davis playing on a cellar dweller? Ugh.

The Clippers also lost Corey Maggette and tried to minimize all the damage by bringing in Marcus Camby and Ricky Davis. But I don't think they're a playoff team in the West with that crew.

Dallas Mavericks
Two seasons ago, the Mavericks were an elite team in the NBA and had the league's best record. Coming into this season, the Mavs no longer look like a contender. In fact, there's a chance they might not even be a playoff team in the wild, wild West.

The Mavs still have Dirk Nowitzki, but the rest of the team is fairly underwhelming. The addition of Jason Kidd at the trade deadline last season looks like an awful move in retrospect. It's unclear whether Kidd really has the juice left to be an elite point guard.

Josh Howard's brushes with controversy over his comments on smoking marijuana and a charge of drag racing this summer haven't helped. And that huge $30 million-plus contract that they gave DeSagana Diop will come back to haunt them the same way that $60 million-plus contract they gave to Erick Dampier did.

The Mavs were actively trying to get their hands on Ron Artest, but, like the Rockets, it was more an act of desperation than a savvy basketball move. Maybe head coach Rick Carlisle can turn things around, but as it stands right now, a team in need of a major overhaul to get back into title contention did too little and risks falling into irrelevancy.

Denver Nuggets
It's not hard to get your arms around the game plan in Denver. The team barely made the playoffs last season, the window on Allen Iverson's career is rapidly closing and suddenly the team switches gears? The Nuggets are in cost-cutting mode.

Shipping off Marcus Camby will seriously affect the team's defensive ability. I think the move was an admission that the combo of Iverson and Carmelo Anthony just wasn't going to catapult the team to a championship. There's a good chance they will miss the playoffs this coming season given the competitiveness of the West.

The bright side is that the Nuggets have a huge trade exception and also will be looking at potential cap room next summer. They still have Carmelo to build around, but dreams of bringing a championship to Denver are now on hold.

Golden State Warriors
I feel sorry for Warriors GM Chris Mullin. A little more than a year ago, he was the guy who helped the Warriors end an ugly 12-year playoff drought. His hard work paid off in the 2007 playoffs when his Warriors pulled off one of the biggest first-round upsets in NBA history.

Last season, the Warriors were good, just not good enough to make the playoffs in the ultra competitive West. Then disaster struck this offseason as Baron Davis bolted for the Clippers and the Warriors panicked. After trying and failing to lure Elton Brand and Gilbert Arenas to Golden State, the Warriors spent way too much on Corey Maggette, a guy who duplicates many of their strengths and addresses none of their weaknesses.

Now the Warriors look poised to fall out of the playoffs for the next few seasons as they restart the rebuilding process. That has to be a huge blow to the gut of Warriors fans that rabidly supported the Warriors in 2007.

But there is a silver lining in Golden State.

First, the Warriors were right in not overpaying to keep Davis. I'll be surprised if he's still playing 50 games a season in the last few years of that deal. Second, the Warriors locked up their two young free agents -- Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins -- to rich, but not ridiculous deals. If those two continue to develop along with young players like Brandan Wright, Marco Belinelli and rookie Anthony Randolph, the Warriors will be good in about three years.

Still, I'm not sure Warriors fans like the idea of waiting after missing the playoffs in 16 of 17 years.

Memphis Grizzlies
Although they mishandled the Pau Gasol trade last winter, the bright side was that the team was going into the summer with cap room. Once the Sixers, Warriors and Clippers quickly used their cap space, the Grizzlies were the only team in the league left with room and in a prime position to make a steal or, at the very least, put some pressure on teams to overpay their restricted free agents.

Instead, the team stayed on the sidelines, presumably to focus on the 2009 summer -- an offseason that potentially will have better free agents but also more teams with salary cap space to compete against. Also, the Grizzlies traded away a key veteran, Mike Miller, and the draft rights to Kevin Love, to move up two spots in the draft to get O.J. Mayo.

Now the Grizzlies are one of the youngest teams in the league, have a huge glut of guards and are paper thin on the front line. In other words, you thought last season was bad? You haven't seen anything yet.

However, as in Golden State, there is a bright side: The Grizzlies do have lots of young talent. Rudy Gay and Mayo have the potential to be All-Stars someday. Mike Conley has a bright future, too. And the Grizz also got a late first-round steal in the draft in Darrell Arthur.

If GM Chris Wallace can parlay some of that talent into some NBA vets as his former boss Danny Ainge did (remember when we were all bemoaning how young and inexperienced the Celtics were?) or if they can use their significant cap space next summer to lure a talented free agent or two, we may be speaking differently about the Grizzlies next August.

But this season? It isn't going to be pretty.

It will indeed be a hard job for Skiles.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Re: Winners and losers of the NBA's offseason (so far) Chad Ford 

Post#2 » by LUKE23 » Mon Aug 4, 2008 8:48 pm

Agree with all of that, but I think we are a playoff team at this point. I think Skiles upgrade in coaching and Jefferson's upgrade at SF are being underestimated by people on this forum.

I know many will say we cannot win with Mo and CV, and I agree the balance isn't there, but there are things you can do there, starting by putting Sessions in as starting PG and bringing Mo in as a 30 minute super scorer sub at PG/SG.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,570

Post#3 » by Frank Nova » Mon Aug 4, 2008 9:13 pm

Personally I think Chad Ford is a straight knucklehead.. that guy just likes to hear himself speak so anaything he says I take with a HUGE grain of salt..

anyway as for the "new look" Bucks so to speak, we have a respectable front office and coaching staff now, a great addition in Jefferson and a project player we drafted that every seemed to be high on..

So with that said we can look forward to a good season this year unless a complete melt down occurs.. that is obviously possible but likely at this point is no..

We no longer have to worry about another teams "star" droppin 40+ points on Mike Redd because Redd wont be guarding him, Jefferson is a much better on ball defender so right there is a huge upside to look forward to

Very few Point Guards do alot of scoring so in that aspect Mo Williams can hold his own as long as he stays consistant and avoids being lazy which is a huge "if" .. But with a contending team I think everyone will point themselves on the back burner and play as a team if we are heading in the right direction and hopefully Skiles can beat that into everyones head..

CV is the biggest issue right now with his "soft" demeanor.. If Skiles can work CV into an aggressive player he will be just as fine as Mo Williams as they both have the size and athleticism to defend anyone at their respected postions but choose to always wanna take the easy way out and that cant happen anymore..

The best thing I like about this Bucks team is the competition, Mo Williams is no longer completely safe w/ Sessions in his shadows waiting for an opportunity..

and dont be suprised to see Malik Allen start a few times over CV if CV isnt doing whats asked of him, also with JA's and LRMAM work habits.. dont be suprised to see them push everyone for playing time

I mean this is just my take on the "ifs" for next season.. but like I said I dont value Chad Fords opinion at all so that is why I had to throw my spin on what I think about his blog about us!
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Post#4 » by Sigra » Mon Aug 4, 2008 9:22 pm

Right now I predict those teams to make playoffs next year:

Boston
Detroit
Orlando
Cavs
Sixers
Wizards
Pacers
Bucks

But things could change off course
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#5 » by Frank Nova » Mon Aug 4, 2008 9:40 pm

Sigra wrote:Right now I predict those teams to make playoffs next year:

Boston
Detroit
Orlando
Cavs
Sixers
Wizards
Pacers
Bucks

Honestly I think if our team stays healthy all season I see Milwaukee better than Wizards, Pacers and Cavaliers... Granted I see LeBron James so being better than Cleveland is somewhat of a stretch but Washington and Indiana dont really do much for me...

I realize our division is 1 of the best in the league since even u feel 4 of the 5 teams are playoff bound so that might hurt us in the division but overall record i see the Bucks fightin for a 4 or 5 seed next season.... BUT injury is a major concern and we could be looking at another lotto season God forbid something bad happens - knock on wood
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#6 » by bango_the_buck » Mon Aug 4, 2008 9:44 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Agree with all of that, but I think we are a playoff team at this point.

+1

I don't think it's 'accurate' (though it is factual) to call us a 26-win team last year. If the team didn't quit on LK midway through the season (given the talent on the roster) we should have been challenging for the 8th spot (i.e. a ~37-win team). So if we are a .500 team next year and slip into the playoffs, I won't be doing cartwheels. With the coaching change and the addition of RJ, I'm setting my expectation bar a little higher...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
HicksvsKnicks08
Senior
And1: 0

Post#7 » by HicksvsKnicks08 » Mon Aug 4, 2008 10:02 pm

I posted this on Pacer board. I was deflated when you said Chad Ford was a knucklehead, lol he was one of the few writers to gush about Birds moves so far. :-?
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#8 » by Mags FTW » Mon Aug 4, 2008 11:55 pm

Boston
Detroit
Orlando
Cavs
Sixers
Wizards
Pacers
Bucks

ooooo. Don't let the Toronto board see that list. Quick! Hide it under your mattress next to your copy of Club International.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#9 » by eagle13 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 1:51 am

Boston
Detroit
Orlando
Sixers
Cavs
Raptors
Bucks
Wizards
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#10 » by Frank Nova » Tue Aug 5, 2008 6:23 am

HicksvsKnicks08 wrote:I posted this on Pacer board. I was deflated when you said Chad Ford was a knucklehead, lol he was one of the few writers to gush about Birds moves so far. :-?

Sorry to burst ur bubble man but thats the exact same reason I call him a knucklehead... He probably is the only writer who thinks the Pacers are offseason winners...

Im no Jermaine Oneal fan or Pacer fan for that matter but to trade ur best talent for a major injury concern is pretty gutsy, i like TJ awhole lot but I dont know if I call that a "winner" type move for Indiana, more for Toronto dont u think?

And Larry Birds move on draft night sure isnt lookin to promising for him after he traded away the SL MVP for Jarrett Jack and a draft pick... Jerryd Bayless looks more NBA ready than anyone Indiana brought in this offseason and only Chad Ford would consider that a "winner" move..

Like I said sorry to burst ur bubble and understand this is only my opinion but Indiana should have been completely left off this list because its too early to call the moves "loser" but they traded the 2 best players away in both transactions for 4 projects... Larry Birds dumbest move since S-Jack and Big Al for MDL jr and Troy Murphy, just plain stupid if u ask me

Put it this way, would u be more excited about a starting 5 that looked like this

Bayless
S Jack
Granger
Harrington
O'neal

or this

Ford
??(Rush)
Granger
Murphy
??(Hibbert)

hahaha... I mean anyone with NBA knowledge would agree the top team is 50 times more competative.. and like I said before, ONLY Chad Ford would give credit where credit ISNT deserved and that my friend is why I call him a "knucklehead"

That top team is also voiding out the other stupid move Bird made with GSW that I already pointed out...

Maybe I should GM Indiana :lol:
Bucky O'Hare
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#11 » by Bucky O'Hare » Tue Aug 5, 2008 7:05 am

weezybaby856 wrote:Sorry to burst ur bubble man but thats the exact same reason I call him a knucklehead... He probably is the only writer who thinks the Pacers are offseason winners...

Actually, quite a few have. We turned an injury-prone, declining, overpaid has been into one of the leagues most productive point guards, a nice rookie center prospect, and a serviceable veteran center with a big expiring contract.

As for Bayless, we'll have to wait and see. He looked to be a good scorer during the summer league, but his scoring was never in question. What was in question was what else he could bring to the table to help promote winning. After his 1.2 apg, 3.75 topg in summer league, I think it remains a valid question. Not to mention his defense, something both Jack and Rush excel at. Surely if anyone knows the importance of defense to winning, it would be a Bucks fans.
galena
Junior
And1: 62

Post#12 » by galena » Tue Aug 5, 2008 7:38 am

Bucks will play Celtics in ECF!!!
"I guess..."
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Frank Nova » Tue Aug 5, 2008 8:20 am

Bucky O'Hare wrote:
weezybaby856 wrote:Sorry to burst ur bubble man but thats the exact same reason I call him a knucklehead... He probably is the only writer who thinks the Pacers are offseason winners...

Actually, quite a few have. We turned an injury-prone, declining, overpaid has been into one of the leagues most productive point guards, a nice rookie center prospect, and a serviceable veteran center with a big expiring contract.

As for Bayless, we'll have to wait and see. He looked to be a good scorer during the summer league, but his scoring was never in question. What was in question was what else he could bring to the table to help promote winning. After his 1.2 apg, 3.75 topg in summer league, I think it remains a valid question. Not to mention his defense, something both Jack and Rush excel at. Surely if anyone knows the importance of defense to winning, it would be a Bucks fans.

That same injury prone, declining has been was still the best player on ur roster, well maybe 2nd because Im a HUGE Danny Granger fan but still overall talent wise dont know if he's better than JO at this point...

And who ever labeled Jack and Rush to "excel" on defense? Jack is a midget combo guard and Rush might be more of a project than Joe Alexander... and say what u want but u traded Jerryd Bayless for a MUCH LESS talented version of Jerryd Bayless so my whole arguement was how does that make ur team close to offseason "winners"?!

Milwaukee atleast traded away their "project" and a real over paid player for a all star calibur guy... now that was atleast something to consider as a "winner" move... trading an all star calibur player for projects should never be brought up in the same category.... Milwaukee did the same thing Toronto did in ur Indy Toronto swap and Toronto got praised and even Indy got labeled as a team that could sneak into the playoffs... Milwaukee gets "we'll be better than a 26 win team we were last year" ... I mean come on r u serious??

Chad Ford is as biased as a writer there is... he praises the teams he likes and hates on the teams he dislikes... Granted he considered Milwaukee "winners" but his little blog was pretty poorly put together about why now wasnt it??

and as for TJ, I really like his game, sometimes wish he was still a Buck BUT would never have traded Andrew Bogut for him in a million years.. kinda similar to what Indy did right? and if TJ is more valuable and "1 of the most productive points guards in the league" then why did Toronto have to throw in their 1st pick to get rid of him for JO? Was it because JO when healthy is much much much more valuable? I kinda think so... they both have a medical history that creeps out any NBA GM lets face it... but when both are 100%, ud be a bold face liar to say ud rather have Ford over O'neil, TJ Fords family would probably take a healthy JO over him and thats being modest because I seriously hate JO and like Ford but facts are facts

And like I said... Indy should have been left out of this whole article because the Pacers are a huge "IF" at this point... IF Ford plays a whole season, IF the rookies they are so high on live to their expectations because unfortunately for u Rush and Hibbert will get immediate roles because their is no one else, IF Danny Granger can carry the team, IF Troy Murphy can be the starting PF they need, IF they TRADE for the starting PF they need.. I mean seriously

Oh and 1 more thing.. funny how u hate on JO and this trade was so great for Indy but as soon as the trade was made, JO's old position became the biggest question mark...

I'll take Tinsley and JO over Ford and nobody 10 outta 10 times :lol:
Sigra
RealGM

Post#14 » by Sigra » Tue Aug 5, 2008 7:12 pm

Mags FTW wrote:

Boston
Detroit
Orlando
Cavs
Sixers
Wizards
Pacers
Bucks

ooooo. Don't let the Toronto board see that list. Quick! Hide it under your mattress next to your copy of Club International.

Oh sure. Raptors fans and Hawks fans should be most upset with my list because their teams were in playoffs last year. And they will be close next year as well. It's my opinion that they will miss playoffs though
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#15 » by Chapter29 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 11:12 pm

Toronto made improvements to their team. They will likely be in imo. If Oneal (injury risk) and Calderon (no more Ford) remain relatively healthy they have themselves a vastly improved team.

Atlanta is in some trouble though. Still TBD obviously with Smith, but they are not going to lose Chill and not feel it. Too me he was a glue guy for that team and will be sorely missed. And of course they have a pissed off Smith right about now. A very dysfunctional franchise, but yet they still have more talent than us. Ugh.

Sigra, how are we going to make the playoffs with 2 of the 5 pieces in place according to your sig?

I would say 3 of the 5 (we need a different starting PG and PF), but still that leaves 2 major holes.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Sigra
RealGM

Post#16 » by Sigra » Wed Aug 6, 2008 12:59 pm

Chapter29 wrote:
Sigra, how are we going to make the playoffs with 2 of the 5 pieces in place according to your sig?

My sig is not about making playoffs. We can make playoffs with this team IMO.

My sig is about making contender. In that regard we have only 2 pieces in place IMO
HicksvsKnicks08
Senior
And1: 0

Post#17 » by HicksvsKnicks08 » Wed Aug 6, 2008 8:57 pm

Like I said sorry to burst ur bubble

No problem, my friend. I respect other peoples opinons, wether I agreee or not. I am not a JO basher, and yes if JO is complety healthy, he is worth more than we got. However, what you must understand is the mental aspect of this. Pacerland could absolutely not deal with another ? going into the season. JO had to move, for him and us. I have no problem with the Toronot trade, my only beef is we had a chance to get Bynum last eyar and didnt pull the trigger.

Bayless, I tend to agree with you, however my Pacer counterpart pointed out his asst/to ratio. Portland he works perfect for because of Roy's ability to handle the ball. They can have Bayless at the 2 on offense and 1 on defense. We would get murdered by a Ford/Bayless backcourt. Rush is supposed to be a superior perimiter defender which we desperatly needed.

Time well tell though, and it will be a fun debate :D

Return to Milwaukee Bucks