Elson? :sleep: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..... :sigh:

:sleep:zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Re: Hoopshype: Elson leaning towards Bucks 

Post#42 » by Sigra » Thu Aug 7, 2008 10:44 am

pasting_monkeys wrote:
Debit One wrote:Is Wichmae going to say that this is the highly athletic 4/5 that he promised?

:wink:

The free agent market for PF/C's is so very slim, Elson is really the only guy left worth mentioning.

And knowing that we were testing the waters with both Kwame Brown and Chris Andersen before they were signed, I think Elson is a better solution.

BEST
EVER
Dags
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#43 » by Dags » Thu Aug 7, 2008 11:03 am

You know it sucks to be a Bucks fan when you have to find some way to convince yourself to be happy about signing Lue, Allen, or Elson.

In the end though, they're just scrubs. The starting lineup is full of selfish, offense-only players and the bench is full of rubbish end-of-benchers.

Wake me when something positive happens.
Das ist nümberwang!
vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#44 » by vlietinho » Thu Aug 7, 2008 11:21 am

Well perhaps they're just scrubs, but better scrubs then we had last year wouldnt you say?

I mean Allen > Ruffin , Lue > Ivey and Elson > Voskuhl. That's at least some positive ;-)
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Post#45 » by Sigra » Thu Aug 7, 2008 11:34 am

vlietinho wrote:Well perhaps they're just scrubs, but better scrubs then we had last year wouldnt you say?

I mean Allen > Ruffin , Lue > Ivey and Elson > Voskuhl. That's at least some positive ;-)

And CV > Yi , RJ > Simmons , Skiles > Krystko

A lot of positives but it could be better
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#46 » by Rockmaninoff » Thu Aug 7, 2008 11:59 am

I disagree that Allen>Ruffin.

I agree with MBBOWT that this is zzzzzzzz. But, I also wonder if Elson could be used in a possible trade for Marion, and that gives me hope.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#47 » by unklchuk » Thu Aug 7, 2008 12:04 pm

"Unless Skiles can walk on water, this team is 35-38 wins next year."

I'd say that's realistic.

But, as opposed to years past, it seems clear that this is not the team that Hammond wants. He's not through remaking the roster. I'd say he wants a different style of point guard, a "genuine" power forward, and a higher level overall of competitiveness.

The fact that it now looks like it will take some time to reach those goals probably reflects how the league does not esteem our trading pieces.

If Hammond is and continues to pursue those objectives, he warrants patience from me.
AFAIK, IDKM
unklchuk
Head Coach

Post#48 » by unklchuk » Thu Aug 7, 2008 12:12 pm

Some of the forum members I trust are high on Marion. I stipulate to his bona fides, but can't muster the same enthusiasm.

I'd say CC Sabathia is the ideal "mercenary." Here for (part of) one year. His attitude is terrific; he's got energy and enthusiasm. He relates to his teammates. Tough, hard competitor.

I haven't seen the same in Marion. Think he might underplay his talent if he spent a year in Milwaukee.
AFAIK, IDKM
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#49 » by Rockmaninoff » Thu Aug 7, 2008 12:18 pm

unklchuk wrote:Some of the forum members I trust are high on Marion. I stipulate to his bona fides, but can't muster the same enthusiasm.

I'd say CC Sabathia is the ideal "mercenary." Here for (part of) one year. His attitude is terrific; he's got energy and enthusiasm. He relates to his teammates. Tough, hard competitor.

I haven't seen the same in Marion. Think he might underplay his talent if he spent a year in Milwaukee.

I disagree, because I believe he would bond with Redd and Jefferson, both of his age group. And, he would also probably be treated like the 'star' player on this team, something his insecurities have always desired. He is a blue collar player, and I think Milwaukee would love his game.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
unklchuk
Head Coach

Post#50 » by unklchuk » Thu Aug 7, 2008 12:33 pm

^ Your "disagreement" is encouraging...
AFAIK, IDKM
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#51 » by LUKE23 » Thu Aug 7, 2008 1:33 pm

I think it is a playoff team as stands right now, 7 or 8 seed. The team was not as bad as their record last year, and the RJ SF improvement and Skiles coaching improvement are massive upgrades over last year.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#52 » by fam3381 » Thu Aug 7, 2008 2:09 pm

Dags wrote:You know it sucks to be a Bucks fan when you have to find some way to convince yourself to be happy about signing Lue, Allen, or Elson.

Free agency wise that's just how it was going to be...there was never going to be a full MLE signing unless we somehow managed to deal a big contract to a team with a trade exception (which never seemed in the cards anyway given how rare that is). And when you only have a few million available to spend on multiple guys you're going to get scrubs.

The only real avenue for immediate impact was via trade, which could still be an option but isn't worth banking on. At the very least, the Elson signing would balance out the roster so that we at least have some warm bodies at the big spots.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter
And1: 0

Post#53 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Thu Aug 7, 2008 3:28 pm

trwi7 wrote:
MFScho wrote:The insiders weren't messing around when they said more to come.

:lol:

We're cornering the market on Dutch basketball players.

any chance the guys could bring us Buck fans some party favors and workin' gals from the Red Light District? :wink:
by LUKE23 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am
I certainly wouldn't be dancing in the streets or bestowing a bunch of praise on Hammond though.
It's like taking three huge dumps on your kitchen floor, then cleaning up one of them.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#54 » by carmelbrownqueen » Thu Aug 7, 2008 4:35 pm

Bucks considering Elson as backup big man
By Charles F. Gardner
Thursday, Aug 7 2008, 11:07 AM

Francisco Elson could move into the backup center role behind Andrew Bogut, if a deal can be struck between the Bucks and the 7-foot native of the Netherlands.

Sources said the Bucks are considering a potential two-year deal with Elson, who split time last season with the San Antonio Spurs and Seattle SuperSonics.

Elson would give the Bucks a better offensive option than current backup Dan Gadzuric, also a native of the Netherlands. Elson is a good foul shooter and can face up and hit jump shots in the 15- to 18-foot range.

Elson has received offers from FC Barcelona and the Atlanta Hawks, according to HoopsHype.com. He was considered earlier this summer by the Denver Nuggets, but the Nuggets instead signed Chris Andersen as a frontcourt reserve. Elson played in 201 games for Denver from 2003-'06.

The 32-year-old Elson has played in 334 NBA games and started 125 over five seasons, averaging 4.1 points and 3.8 rebounds. He was a member of San Antonio's championship team during the 2006-'07 season, when he started 41 times in 70 appearances and averaged 5.0 points and 4.8 rebounds while playing 19 minutes per game.

He appeared in 20 playoff games, starting eight alongside Tim Duncan as the Spurs won the title in 2007, defeating the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals.

Elson played in 41 games for the Spurs and 22 for the SuperSonics last season, making just five total starts.

A native of Rotterdam, Elson is of Surinamese descent and is fluent in Dutch, Spanish, German and English. He became the first Dutch national to win an NBA title when the Spurs claimed the trophy in '07. He also has played for FC Barcelona, Valencia and Sevilla in Spain.
http://blogs.jsonline.com/bucks/
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#55 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Aug 7, 2008 5:59 pm

Hammond: "Hey Gadzuric. I have good news and bad news for you. The good news is we signed one of your fellow countrymen"

DG "Whats the bad news?"

Hammond "He took your job"

I would be happy with Elson. He's not going to put up huge stats, but he's a smart man to man defender.
vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#56 » by vlietinho » Thu Aug 7, 2008 6:05 pm

Well If that's case, better Elson than Ruffin or Voskuhl, but we'll see.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#57 » by REDDzone » Thu Aug 7, 2008 6:15 pm

I would think that Elson will see a lot of floor time with Bogut, since Elson has the ability to guard perimter based PF's.

After all, the main reason the Spurs acquired Elson was to guard Dirk so Duncan didn't have to.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks