ImageImage

Elson To Sign With Bucks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man
And1: 46

Elson To Sign With Bucks 

Post#1 » by MetroDrugUnit » Fri Aug 8, 2008 5:03 am

Francisco Elson has reached a verbal agreement to sign with the Bucks. Sounds like a good solid pick up to me and hopefully he can bring some toughness to our from line even if it is at a limited capacity.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... sco_elson/
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: Elson To Sign With Bucks 

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Fri Aug 8, 2008 5:05 am

It's time like this I wish I was a foot taller. I could get paid millions of dollars to wave a towel.

Edit: It says they have an oral agreement. :eyebrows:
FutureBuck2008
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#3 » by FutureBuck2008 » Fri Aug 8, 2008 5:06 am

i agree this is a pretty good move by the Bucks.

:)
MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by MetroDrugUnit » Fri Aug 8, 2008 5:07 am

Wouldn't that be nice. Too bad you can't teach height
trwi7
RealGM

Post#5 » by trwi7 » Fri Aug 8, 2008 5:09 am

Nothing up on jsonline yet. Enlund and Gardner must be sleeping.
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#6 » by aaprigs311 » Fri Aug 8, 2008 5:11 am

Elson has shown small glimpes of talent, but that will all disappear now that he's a Milwaukee Buck.
MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by MetroDrugUnit » Fri Aug 8, 2008 5:15 am

trwi7 wrote:Nothing up on jsonline yet. Enlund and Gardner must be sleeping.

Everyone is so burnt out on the Farve thing that unless we sign Moses Malone it's no big news
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#8 » by Buck You » Fri Aug 8, 2008 5:16 am

aaprigs311 wrote:Elson has shown small glimpes of talent, but that will all disappear now that he's a Milwaukee Buck.

Hahaha yeah. Fully expect him to be doing nothing by mid-season. At least he'll be motivated to fight for best Dutch on the team with Gadz!
trwi7
RealGM

Post#9 » by trwi7 » Fri Aug 8, 2008 5:18 am

ReddBogutCharlieV wrote: At least he'll be motivated to fight for best Dutch on the team with Gadz!

Elson already has that title locked up.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#10 » by Buck You » Fri Aug 8, 2008 5:23 am

trwi7 wrote:
ReddBogutCharlieV wrote: At least he'll be motivated to fight for best Dutch on the team with Gadz!

Elson already has that title locked up.

I don't know.. Gadz and him are pretty equal stat wise. But Elson has to be smarter than Gadz so yeah he probably has it locked up.
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,733

Post#11 » by Serge28 » Fri Aug 8, 2008 5:28 am

trwi7 wrote:Nothing up on jsonline yet. Enlund and Gardner must be sleeping.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... co_elson/#

Bucks Have Oral Agreement With Francisco Elson

The Milwaukee Bucks and center Francisco Elson have an oral agreement on a two year contract, Elson's agent has told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

Agent Calvin Andrews said the deal could be completed within 24 hours.

Via Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=781019

Team prepares to sign center
Elson was on Spurs last title team in ’07

By CHARLES F. GARDNER
cgardner@journalsentinel.com
Posted: Aug. 7, 2008

Francisco Elson will have a chance to move into the backup center role behind Andrew Bogut, pending a deal between the Milwaukee Bucks and the 7-foot native of the Netherlands.

Francisco Elson (left) has a 2007 NBA championship ring when he playe dwith the San Antonio Spurs.

Sources said the Bucks were considering a potential two-year contract with Elson, who split time last season with the San Antonio Spurs and Seattle SuperSonics.

Calvin Andrews, Elson’s agent, told a Denver media outlet Thursday that an oral agreement was in place with the Bucks.

Andrews said the deal could be completed within 24 hours.

Elson would give the Bucks a better offensive option than current backup Dan Gadzuric, also a native of the Netherlands. Elson is a decent foul shooter for a big man (67.3% in his career and 77.5% during the 2006-’07 season) and can face up and hit jump shots in the 15- to 18-foot range.

Elson was considered earlier this summer by the Denver Nuggets, but the Nuggets instead signed Chris Andersen as a frontcourt reserve. Elson played in 201 games for Denver from 2003-’06.

The 32-year-old Elson has played in 334 NBA games and started 125 over five seasons, averaging 4.1 points and 3.8 rebounds per game.

He was a member of San Antonio’s championship team during the 2006-’07 season, when he started 41 times in 70 appearances. Elson averaged 5.0 points and 4.8 rebounds in 19 minutes per game.

Elson appeared in 20 playoff games that season, starting eight on the front line with Tim Duncan, en route to the title. The Spurs swept the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals.

Elson played in 41 games for the Spurs and 22 for the SuperSonics last season, making just five total starts.

A native of Rotterdam, Elson is of Surinamese descent and is fluent in Dutch, Spanish, German and English.

He became the first Dutch national to win an NBA title when the Spurs claimed the trophy in ’07. He also has played for FC Barcelona, Valencia and Sevilla in Spain.

Elson played at Kilgore Junior College in Texas before playing two seasons at California and helping the Bears win the NIT title as a senior in 1999.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#12 » by trwi7 » Fri Aug 8, 2008 5:31 am

<-------Pwn3d
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

SidTheMan4
Junior
And1: 78

Post#13 » by SidTheMan4 » Fri Aug 8, 2008 5:44 am

Much better option than Gadz. Then again I am a better option than Gadz.
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#14 » by bango_the_buck » Fri Aug 8, 2008 5:57 am

MetroDrugUnit wrote:Everyone is so burnt out on the Farve thing that unless we sign Moses Malone it's no big news

We could sign Moses and I think the J/S would drop the ball...

Solid signing by the Bucks. I have a feeling that this will be the roster we roll with going into the season. The CV/Mo 'haters' are going to be disappointed...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
pasting_monkeys
Starter
And1: 1

Post#15 » by pasting_monkeys » Fri Aug 8, 2008 6:08 am

Great signing by the Bucks. He's not a great player by any means, but he is a decent enough role player, who is capable of playing both PF and C. I wouldn't mind seeing Elson start at PF beside Bogut, in a role similar to his one San Antonio starting next to Duncan.

Then bring CV off the bench for a scoring punch; because if CV starts at PF we'll have a glut of scorers in our starting 5, and Charlie Bell as our best offensive option off the bench, and that aint gonna cut it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#16 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Aug 8, 2008 6:13 am

This more to come stuff is AWESOME.
vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#17 » by vlietinho » Fri Aug 8, 2008 7:58 am

Elson to Milwaukee

(telegraaf.nl)

ROTTERDAM - For the first time in history two Dutch players will play for the same team, cause Elson reached an agreement last night with the Milwauke Bucks for 1 one year contract, so he'll play together with Dan Gadzuric who plays for the Bucks since he signed a very lucrative deal in 2005.

Elson : "It was time to make a decision"

The 32 year old Elson was in 2007 the first dutchman to win an NBA title with the Spurs, but was let go after that in a trade to the Supersonics, and became a free agent this summer. "There was a lot of interest", according to the Rotterdam native. "It was hard to make a choice between playing for a title candidate, or to sign with a team where I have a real chance be a starter". "I would have liked to go to a strong team, but they wanted to let me wait untill other moves where finalized, I've waited, but now I've waited long enough"

So enter the Milwaukee Bucks, a bottom half team, that was pretty bad last season. Elson: "In the first place my agent got the impression I could be a starter on this team". "I want to prove myself this year, furthermore coach Skiles has a good rep., I have a lot of faith in him and think he can get a lot more out of the team, and I look forward to playing in the eastern conference. Next to that I get a good one year contract, with a player option for another year, if I play really good, I'm free to go to another team, or stay a year longer"

Gadzuric allready being there didnt play part in Elson's choice for the Bucks. "to play with Dan is just a coincidance, we are both professionals, but it's obvious I look forward to that. If this chances Dan's stance on playing for the National team? I wouldnt know... He's the one who makes that decision, and so far he's shown little interest"

Dutch text

ROTTERDAM - Voor het eerst in de geschiedenis gaan twee Nederlandse basketballers voor dezelfde NBA-club spelen. Doordat Francisco Elson vannacht overeenstemming bereikte met Milwaukee Bucks over een éénjarig contract gaat hij komend seizoen samenspelen met Dan Gadzuric. Deze komt sinds 2002 uit voor Bucks, waarmee hij in 2005 een uiterst lucratieve langjarige verbintenis tekende.

De 32-jarige Elson won in 2007 als eerste Nederlander de NBA-titel met San Antonio Spurs, werd daarna betrokken in een spelersruil die hem naar Seattle Supersonics bracht en was deze zomer transfervrij. "Er was veel interesse", aldus de Rotterdammer. "Het was lastig om de keuze te bepalen tussen het spelen voor een titelkandidaat, zonder garantie op veel speeltijd en tekenen voor een mindere ploeg waarbij ik een reële kans zou maken op een basisplaats. Liefst was ik naar een sterke club gegaan met kansen op een kampioenschap. Die kans was er, maar dan moest ik volgens de clubleiding nog langer wachten op andere transfers die de weg voor mij zouden openen. Ik heb gewacht, maar vond het nu de tijd om de knoop door te hakken."

Het werd dus Milwaukee Bucks, een ploeg die de laatste jaren in de onderste regionen van de NBA bungelde, en afgelopen seizoen naar een bedenkelijk niveau was afgegleden. Elson: "Allereerst kreeg mijn Amerikaanse agent uit de gesprekken met de club sterk de indruk dat een basisplaats binnen mijn bereik ligt. Ik wil me het komend jaar bewijzen. Verder heeft de nieuwe coach Scott Skiles een goede reputatie. Ik heb veel vertrouwen in hem. Ik denk dat hij veel meer uit de ploeg kan halen dan zijn voorganger en verheug me erop voor het eerst in de Eastern Conference te gaan spelen. En ten slotte speelde de aard van de overeenkomst een belangrijke rol: ik krijg een goed éénjarig contract, met een eenzijdige, alleen door mij te lichten, optie voor een tweede jaar. Als het goed gaat, kan ik kiezen voor een betere, of beter betalende club. Gaat het minder dan blijf ik."

De aanwezigheid van Gadzuric speelde geen rol bij de beslissing van Elson. "Het samen spelen met Dan is een bijkomstigheid, we zijn allebei prof. Maar het spreekt vanzelf dat ik ernaar uitkijk. Of dit de kans vergroot dat hij hierdoor volgend jaar misschien eindelijk eens voor Oranje gaat spelen, weet ik niet. Dan is de enige die hierover beslist en tot nu toe toonde hij weinig interesse."
trwi7
RealGM

Post#18 » by trwi7 » Fri Aug 8, 2008 8:17 am

vlietinho wrote:so he'll play together with Dan Gadzuric

I doubt it, and if he does God help us. :D

paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#19 » by paul » Fri Aug 8, 2008 8:54 am

Good signing imo, just one thing - what the hell ever happened to a VERBAL agreement? An ORAL agreement sounds like something that finishes with a smile and an exchange of $50. I knew you'd be all over this story twirly.....
A Diddy2231
Analyst
And1: 106

Post#20 » by A Diddy2231 » Fri Aug 8, 2008 11:51 am

I onced dropped 88 points with Elson on NBA 2k8 online!
Johnny wrote:You betrayed me! You're not good. You, you're just a chicken. Chip-chip-chip-chip-cheep-cheep.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks