ImageImage

Mo rumor (3 team trade)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Debit One
Starter
And1: 84

Re: Mo rumor (3 team trade) 

Post#841 » by Debit One » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:08 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Giving up an expiring in this deal along with the best player is mindblowing. That makes a bad deal even worse.

While I don't like the deal, it isn't as bad as you are portraying. Griffin + Jones = a higher total of expirings than Mason.

We got Ridnour for Williams, with the difference in their salaries coming to us in increased expiring contracts.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#842 » by LUKE23 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:08 pm

That's true, but it is money that we will not use, so it has very little value to me. And I value Mason, for all his shortcomings, as a better talent than Jones/Griffin combined.

I feel like Mason, for as poor as he is, is the third best player in this deal. We got the 4th/5th/6th best players back.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#843 » by xTitan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:09 pm

nuttinbutta Big Dog party wrote:Did OKC just get Dez Mason and Joe Smith for Luke Ridnour? Did we just give up the two best players in the trade for a poo poo platter? Why did we trade Dez?...he was expiring. Makes bringing on an expiring kinda senseless.

Just stupid. No draft pick...nothing?

The Bucks gave up Dez Mason...he sux a$$.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,018

Post#844 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:09 pm

europa wrote:And a (Mo) Nation mourns.

I'm laughing actually. Just when you think an organization couldn't do anything worse, this happens.

Trade for a 36 mpg SF in the prime of his career, draft a SF.

Overpay the very definition of an average center when they could have simply waited a year to see if he improves before giving him the exact same amount.

Make a deal in which they hand the best player in the league the second banana he needs. Move an expiring contract in the process. Take back absolutely nothing of value.

I'm expecting another paper bag revolt next spring, but the Milwaukee Bucks are a complete joke.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#845 » by Balls2TheWalls » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:09 pm

europa wrote:And a (Mo) Nation mourns.

Man, I'm anti-Mo, but bringing back Jones AND Ridnour? I suppose we could run with 7 PGs. Even assuming that Bell is a SG only... Ridnour/Sessions/Lue/Jones? Brutal.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#846 » by europa » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:10 pm

My initial thought is Jones would be cut. I don't know why Hammond would keep four PGs unless he's planning to trade Lue.

I'm not thrilled about the trade. I would've liked to see the Bucks bring back at least one player I liked a little bit. But I understand why the trade was made and I certainly applaud Hammond for being aggressive and taking steps to rid this team of elements that weren't helping it be successful.

But there's no question Sessions had better be everything some of us believe he can be.
Nothing will not break me.
xTitan
RealGM

Post#847 » by xTitan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:10 pm

Debit One wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Giving up an expiring in this deal along with the best player is mindblowing. That makes a bad deal even worse.

While I don't like the deal, it isn't as bad as you are portraying. Griffin + Jones = a higher total of expirings than Mason.

We got Ridnour for Williams, with the difference in their salaries coming to us in increased expiring contracts.

Ridnour is no where near the scorer Mo Williams is but he will be able to get the ball to the right people and does have a basketball IQ........hopefully this opens the door wide for Sessions.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#848 » by L&H_05 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:11 pm

I'm just glad we got the right guy from, Milwaukee..;)
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#849 » by Balls2TheWalls » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:11 pm

europa wrote:But there's no question Sessions had better be everything some of us believe he can be.

Cue the Rocky montage....

GONNNAAA FLLYYY NOOWWWWWWWWW
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#850 » by jerrod » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:12 pm

DrugBust wrote:I'm expecting another paper bag revolt next spring, but the Milwaukee Bucks are a complete joke.

we'll see if enough people still care by then
europa
RealGM

Post#851 » by europa » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:13 pm

L&H_05 wrote:I'm just glad we got the right guy from, Milwaukee..;)

That's what you said when Redd spurned you and the Cavs signed Larry Hughes instead. ;)
xTitan
RealGM

Post#852 » by xTitan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:13 pm

europa wrote:My initial thought is Jones would be cut. I don't know why Hammond would keep four PGs unless he's planning to trade Lue.

I'm not thrilled about the trade. I would've liked to see the Bucks bring back at least one player I liked a little bit. But I understand why the trade was made and I certainly applaud Hammond for being aggressive and taking steps to rid this team of elements that weren't helping it be successful.

But there's no question Sessions had better be everything some of us believe he can be.

Jones will be a guy who stretches the defense off the bench in a limited role...thats it, I expect him to be here.
europa
RealGM

Post#853 » by europa » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:13 pm

jerrod wrote:
DrugBust wrote:I'm expecting another paper bag revolt next spring, but the Milwaukee Bucks are a complete joke.

I must've missed the games when the fans were coming out in droves to watch Mo Williams play.

Link for that?
Debit One
Starter
And1: 84

Post#854 » by Debit One » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:14 pm

So we look like this:

PG: Ridnour, Sessions, Lue, Jones (and how pissed does Lue have to be right now?)
SG: Redd, Bell
SF: Jefferson, Alexander, Mbah A Moute
PF: CV, Allen
C: Bogut, Elson, Gadz

Yes, that bench is horrific. Point granted, Luke. However, I really don't think that it got any worse because of this trade. Mason was a non-entity.

I think this trade was about 3 things, not necessarily in this order:

- Getting rid of Mo (and, again, someone REALLY wanted to get rid of Mo)
- Creating minutes for Sessions
- Creating minutes for Alexander
xTitan
RealGM

Post#855 » by xTitan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:14 pm

jerrod wrote:

Why would any less care now?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#856 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:14 pm

europa wrote:
jerrod wrote:we'll see if enough people still care by then

I must've missed the games when the fans were coming out in droves to watch Mo Williams play.

Link for that?

They won't be seeing any wins, that much we know for sure.
europa
RealGM

Post#857 » by europa » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:15 pm

xTitan wrote:
europa wrote:My initial thought is Jones would be cut. I don't know why Hammond would keep four PGs unless he's planning to trade Lue.

Jones will be a guy who stretches the defense off the bench in a limited role...thats it, I expect him to be here.

So you think the Bucks keep 4 PGs? That doesn't make any sense. Unless you think Jones would be the third-string SG. And that makes less sense than keeping 4 PGs in my opinion.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Post#858 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:15 pm

Somebody say MORE TO COME already. I'll believe you!
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#859 » by L&H_05 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:15 pm

europa wrote:
L&H_05 wrote:I'm just glad we got the right guy from, Milwaukee..;)

That's what you said when Redd spurned you and the Cavs signed Larry Hughes instead. ;)
So true..3 years later and I'm still looking for an offense creator....

Hey, maybe if the Bucks tank again, Wally for Redd is still there.. :lol:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#860 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:16 pm

Speaking of Wally, why didn't we just make a deal for him?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks