ImageImage

Woelfel on 1250...8/11

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Woelfel on 1250...8/11 

Post#1 » by xTitan » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:28 pm

Just heard some of Woelfel (first day back) talking to Sparky......Said Mo Williams being with the Bucks is 50/50, from a source VERY close to the Mo Williams situation........would like to deal him but won't just give him away, he didn't comment on the Cleveland deal but did mention Luke Ridnauer, I think he just threw the name out there. Said that Skiles was in Vegas taking a very long look at Sessions to see if he was ready to run the team, said that he still makes some young boneheaded mistakes to which Sparky quickly and angrily retorted that Mo Williams still makes dumb rookie mistakes all the time. Skiles has watched every single game last year and knows exactly what he is up against and where everyones weaknesses are. Danny G. was in Vegas and he says that he can see marked improvement in Sessions game at this point from last season, now you all can laugh heartily that Danny G. is a talent evaluator. The last thing I remember is that if the Bucks didn't take Alexander they would have taken Augustin..........if someone heard more please fill in the blanks.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,245

Re: Woelfel on 1250...8/11 

Post#2 » by rilamann » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:47 pm

If Skiles & Hammond watched all the games from last year i'd say its more like 90/10 that Mo is not on the Bucks roster come October.

:lol:

Didnt hear the interview myself but I love Sparky's comment,I gotta meet that dude some time and give him a 5 five.

haha.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,003

Post#3 » by midranger » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:53 pm

What's a 5 five?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,025

Post#4 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:58 pm

From the other thread....

Nowak008 wrote:I didn't catch all of it, so I hope someone can fill in the gaps.

- Said that Skiles wanted to see if Sessions could be a starting PG from watching summer league games in Vegas.
- Skiles went back and watched every game from last year.
- Woelful said that he talked to someone close in Mo's camp and said that person told him it was 50/50 that Mo would be back. This surprised Woelful because he thought Mo was for sure coming back. Said that there were 5 or 6 teams interested in Mo, but we won't trade him for garbage.

Thats all I got. Hopefully some one can add to that.

Even if Sessions becomes the starter, I'm not sure how comfortable I am with playing Tyrone Lue for 20 mins a game.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#5 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:05 am

Yeah you got everything that I heard.

I laughed out loud when they said Skiles watched every game last season.. he must have been suicidal after watching that.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#6 » by raferfenix » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:09 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:Yeah you got everything that I heard.

I laughed out loud when they said Skiles watched every game last season.. he must have been suicidal after watching that.

they didn't say whether he was drinking while watching them though. that's my bet.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#7 » by Nowak008 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:09 am

x titan had pretty much had what I had as well. I'm surprised that Woelful was surprised at the possibility that there was a good chance Mo might be traded. It seems like he had been assuming Mo was coming back next year.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#8 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:16 am

I'm guessing that he is more surprised that Mo Williams' camp is talking as if he doesn't want to come back.. Why he's surprised by that I don't know because I'm not.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#9 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:23 am

Nowak wrote:- Said that Skiles wanted to see if Sessions could be a starting PG from watching summer league games in Vegas
Good thing Skiles doesn't post here, talking about how he makes judgements during summer league.
Ruben Quevedo
Pro Prospect
And1: 469

Post#10 » by Ruben Quevedo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:40 am

adamcz wrote:
Nowak wrote:- Said that Skiles wanted to see if Sessions could be a starting PG from watching summer league games in Vegas
Good thing Skiles doesn't post here, talking about how he makes judgements during summer league.

I'd say there's a pretty big difference between scouting a rookie getting his first taste of professional basketball and a guy with a year of experience and 20 assist game under his belt.
Nowak008
RealGM

Post#11 » by Nowak008 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:40 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:I'm guessing that he is more surprised that Mo Williams' camp is talking as if he doesn't want to come back.. Why he's surprised by that I don't know because I'm not.

I'm not sure where u got Mo didn't want to come back. That wasn't said at all. Someone isn't 50/50 on whether they wanted to come back or not. The person was guessing if they thought Mo would be back.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:

carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#12 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:45 am

Nowak008 wrote:
carmelbrownqueen wrote:I'm guessing that he is more surprised that Mo Williams' camp is talking as if he doesn't want to come back.. Why he's surprised by that I don't know because I'm not.

I'm not sure where u got Mo didn't want to come back. That wasn't said at all. Someone isn't 50/50 on whether they wanted to come back or not. The person was guessing if they thought Mo would be back.

Mo asked to be traded a few times last season (that's not a secret), and honestly I don't think he's up to the challenge of playing under a very demanding coach like Scott Skiles anyway.

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#13 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:00 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:

Mo asked to be traded a few times last season (that's not a secret), and honestly I don't think he's up to the challenge of playing under a very demanding coach like Scott Skiles anyway.

Didn't most players on the Bucks asked to be traded last year?

Are most players excited to play for Skiles?

Winning trumps everything. If you continue to win, they will most likely continue to listen/respect/like you.
Nowak008
RealGM

Post#14 » by Nowak008 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:07 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote: honestly I don't think he's up to the challenge of playing under a very demanding coach like Scott Skiles anyway.

That is just crap. Mo is probably the hardest working player on this team. He has gotten better every year he has been in the league, and works out in the off season at the grueling Abunnar's training camp.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:

carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#15 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:12 am

Nowak008 wrote:
carmelbrownqueen wrote: honestly I don't think he's up to the challenge of playing under a very demanding coach like Scott Skiles anyway.

That is just crap. Mo is probably the hardest working player on this team. He has gotten better every year he has been in the league, and works out in the off season at the grueling Abunnar's training camp.

What did Mo get better at last season?

Also just as an FYI, last offsesaon (according to Mo) was the first time he worked out at Joe Abunssar's training camp..

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#16 » by trwi7 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:16 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:What did Mo get better at last season?

He greatly improved his offensive efficiency raising his FG% from 44.6% to 48.0% and his 3 PT% from 34.7% to 38.5%. He also slightly improved in the number of FT's per game he took by a slight margin and slightly improved his assist numbers and also cut down on his turnover numbers.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
icat2000
RealGM

Post#17 » by icat2000 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:22 am

Thought only Mo and Bell asked to be traded?
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#18 » by Bernman » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:24 am

Cannon fire reported reported on Mo Nation......the natives are calling for help but it's probably not coming.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,003

Post#19 » by midranger » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:32 am

Bernman wrote:Cannon fire reported reported on Mo Nation......the natives are calling for help but it's probably not coming.

Oh my God the sky is falling.

I was a Glenn Robinson fan. I lived through about 4.5 years of Woeful reporting his demise with the Bucks.

If Mo Williams is traded, my guess is life will somehow go on.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#20 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:32 am

trwi7 wrote:
carmelbrownqueen wrote:What did Mo get better at last season?

He greatly improved his offensive efficiency raising his FG% from 44.6% to 48.0% and his 3 PT% from 34.7% to 38.5%. He also slightly improved in the number of FT's per game he took by a slight margin and slightly improved his assist numbers and also cut down on his turnover numbers.

Again, Mo is a very good offensive player.. he improved greatly on things related to his individual offensive efficiency, but only slightly on his assists which for me would have been more impressive.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks