ImageImage

For those disliking the trade..

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

RayRayJones
Starter
And1: 155

For those disliking the trade.. 

Post#1 » by RayRayJones » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:24 pm

All I've seen from Mo Nation (and/or those who dislike this trade) is that Hammond made a foolish move by downgrading our PG spot and getting us crap for our bench (ideally replacing Mason with Griffin as Jones isn't supposed to last) and depth.

However, when I've asked in the numerous threads this simple question, nobody ever seems to come out from Mo Nation and answer it.

What were you expecting to get back for Mo Williams? Did you really expect we could get Jason Kidd or Chris Paul or Steve Nash? Luke Ridnour isn't an all-star PG, but neither is Mo Williams.

Many will say Kirk Hinrich was available and the best fit for our PG. Kirk Hinrich isn't all that less of a shooting PG than Mo Will. Both of them had similar FGA/min and assist numbers throughout their starting careers. Sessions is unproven and no where near ready to lead an NBA team (who many think is our key to the gold and will lead us to somewhere in the playoffs just by starting him!).

So really, what were you expecting? And I'm talking about a PG, not a PF that we should/could have got back.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,011

Re: For those disliking the trade.. 

Post#2 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:28 pm

I've answered the question. If that's the very best package that could have been gotten, then keep him.

I understand if people don't think he's a fit with this team anymore, but I prefer that our head coach earn his paycheck instead of passing the Buck. So he can teach defense and motivate? Prove it. Seems to me that Mo Williams playing even average defense is quite the player.

What's hurt if Hammond waits on making this deal until February? This team isn't going anywhere, regardless.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,030

Re: For those disliking the trade.. 

Post#3 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:29 pm

We've got many Mo threads.....
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks