ImageImage

Ramon Sessions Help

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Ramon Sessions Help 

Post#1 » by Dexmor » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:41 pm

I don't know his game very much. I know he was sopposed to be the man in college and was a disapointment and I know he has the record for assists for the Bucks but I haven't seen him much.
Can some people here break down his game for me?
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,237

Re: Ramon Sessions Help 

Post#2 » by LUKE23 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:45 pm

Good size for a PG, 6-3/200. Kind of a herky/jerkey penetrator but seems to be able to get into the lane almost at will. Very good at passing from the middle of the lane to the corners or the elbows for open shots, has a knack for finding people that are open. Jumper form is kind of slow and methodical, and jumper is inconsistent at this point in time.

Did not perform well on defense last year, but has the foot quickness and size to improve in that area.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#3 » by Rockmaninoff » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:58 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Good size for a PG, 6-3/200. Kind of a herky/jerkey penetrator but seems to be able to get into the lane almost at will. Very good at passing from the middle of the lane to the corners or the elbows for open shots, has a knack for finding people that are open. Jumper form is kind of slow and methodical, and jumper is inconsistent at this point in time.

Did not perform well on defense last year, but has the foot quickness and size to improve in that area.

Good synopsis. I'd also add that he is great on the fast break, can make all the passes, keeps in mind the trailers, and seemed to be very well liked last season by all of his teammates.

I hope that Lionel Hollins takes him under his wing. Hollins was known as a good defensive guard in his playing days.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#4 » by Balls2TheWalls » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:17 pm

His defense was notably better in his first couple of shots on the floor, but once he got extended minutes, there was a noticeable dropoff.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#5 » by Dexmor » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:21 pm

So would you guys say he is a better prospect then Jordan Farmar? What do you guys realisticly see him becoming? Is he a 12 and 8 guy or is his scoring potential pretty damm good and he could be a 14-15 point and 7-9 guy?
If you had to compare him to a player who would it be?
Also what level do you think he will be on? Kind of like a Felton level where he is clearly an above average starter or better or more like an Eric Snow level of decent starter or better?
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#6 » by Dexmor » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:22 pm

Also do you guys think he is the main reason they drafted Alexander when there was clearly better players out there like Bayless and D.J. and of course Lopez who I know is a Center but I think they could have done the twin towers thing. Bogut can be a pf if he wanted to.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#7 » by Balls2TheWalls » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:27 pm

This guys looks like someone who could put up 14 points and 7 assists in a starting role. Unfortunately, I don't see him getting a starting spot until he works on his defense.

If I was offered Farmar straight up for Sessions, there is no way I make that trade. I think that Sessions has a higher ceiling than Farmar, but obviously that potential is not realized yet.

I think that the Alexander pick had very little to do with Sessions. I think that Alexander was just their guy.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#8 » by jerrod » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:32 pm

and it's pronounced

ruh-Monn

not

or

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,237

Post#9 » by LUKE23 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:33 pm

So would you guys say he is a better prospect than Jordan Farmar?

Yes. Farmar doesn't have the overall creating ability that Sessions does.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#10 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:35 pm

Pretty good descriptions thus far.. only other things I will add is that he's 6'3.75 according to Hoopshype and is a pretty good rebounder for his size. He needs to continue gaining confidence in his shot and out coaches are very very high on him.

He's the kind of guy that most of the players from last year really liked playing with because he has such good PG instincts that he seemed to always know where his fellow players were on the floor. He plays with a lot of hustle too.

As far as who he will become or who to compare him too, I'm not sure. He has a pretty high ceiling in my opinion has the potential to be better than Eric Snow and Jordan Farmer (currently as he is).
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#11 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:39 pm

Dexmor wrote:Also do you guys think he is the main reason they drafted Alexander when there was clearly better players out there like Bayless and D.J. and of course Lopez who I know is a Center but I think they could have done the twin towers thing. Bogut can be a pf if he wanted to.

Bayless = Mo Williams in my opinion so I'm fine with not taking him. We didn't need another undersized shooting guard on the roster.

They picked picked Alexander because he has the kind of work ethic, detemination, style of play and athleticism we needed. He has a lot of potential, and has only been playing basketball a short period of time. They knew he was raw when they drafted him and didn't expect him to go out and dominate Summer League like some of the more polished players. Down the road Alexander will be just fine... regardless of the negativity of fans who discounted every report stating he was going to be somewhat of a project.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,843

Post#12 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:39 pm

Sessions made Bobby Simmons and Charlie Villanueva look great last year. That's all you need to know about him.

I sometimes wonder if the Bucks shouldn't have more good outside shooters to maximize Sessions' drive-and-kick ability - he really did seem to jell with Simmons in particular.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Dexmor » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:24 pm

Well they did add Jones and add that with Redd and the fact that RJ is an underrated shooter I think they are O.K. Besides everybody in that starting 5 can at least shoot the midrange game pretty well.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks