ImageImage

Who stays / Who goes

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Who stays / Who goes 

Post#1 » by eagle13 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:57 pm

Lots of movement so let's consider if there will be more...

1st there is LOTS of time b4 season to do more moves. Some of you seem to think if it hasn't been done by now it won't. No reason for that to be true.

2nd - Hammond wants a certain type of player and he has been going about pursuing his vision. Did anyone think Mo was a match? Does anyone think CV is a match?

3rd - things can & do unexpectedly come up for other teams frequently that may not be apparent now.

Hammond likes - RJ, JA, M2, Bogut, Ridnour, Elson, Allen, Lue,

Hammond probably keeps - Redd, Sessions

Hammond probably likes Bell's play but may move his contract.

Hammond would probably love to move - CV, Gadz,
Maybe a suitable trade will not be found but IMO Hammond is still looking to achieve his vision.

Jones & Griffin's only relevance are as potential trade filler. Jones has some value for shooting & versatility for other teams or if he sticks with us. If Griffin isn't traded he'll probably be cut.

I am OK keeping CV and am resigned that no one will take Gadz, but I bet Hammond has not given up.
I predict more to come.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Re: Who stays / Who goes 

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:00 pm

eagle13 wrote:I predict more to come.

:lol:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Gaben_Milwaukee
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Gaben_Milwaukee » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:22 pm

Griffin's contract has low salary protection, so i think we will just waive him before october.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,972

Post#4 » by drew881 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:34 pm

Hammond said in the Ridnour press conference that this is probably the team that opens training camp. My guess is that we play it out and make a trade by the deadline (most likely CV if he is playing well, but the team is tanking).

Other than that, maybe Damon could be packaged now for something, but I'm not sure we could find someone to bite on that.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#5 » by Bernman » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:10 pm

eagle13 wrote:1st there is LOTS of time b4 season to do more moves. Some of you seem to think if it hasn't been done by now it won't. No reason for that to be true.

I think Sigra/Ilhan made the assertion that no significant trades would occur anymore starting about a month ago, based upon Detroit's moderate post July activity during Hammond's tenure there, and of course he's already been proven wrong (to his delight). During the Harris years when Larry snaked Dez I believe that occurred in about mid-October. Like Hammond says he's perpetually working the phones looking to make his team better like everyone else.

on Villanueva:

Once again through Skiles, the Bucks are telegraphing they are highly motivated to move one of the holdover projected starters.

After Ridnour's presser, Skiles relayed that the team can pencil in 4 of the 5 starters, and then proceeded to name everyone but Villanueva. If Skiles/Hammond had any hope for Villanueva I doubt Elson's presence would be enough to dissuade them from potentially footing the penny cost for a couple erase strokes.

Hammond also telegraphed his intent to move Villanueva when he stated in an article immediately after the Ridnour trade, "our primary goal is to assemble a roster of highly motivated, hard-working individuals". Could CV epitomize those traits any less possibly?

So we know the Bucks desire to trade Villanueva, the only question is for what? Hammond post Ridnour trade also stated that, "when you deal a starter you'd like to acquire a replacement at the same position". That's what he accomplished with the Ridnour trade and previously with Detroit when he dealt Stackhouse for Hamilton. He covets a power forward who is just a better fit for the Bucks than Villanueva; hard-working, motivated, long and aware defensively so he can help when our backcourt defense inevitably gets penetrated.

A player who fits that description the best and may be available is: Brandon Bass of the Dallas Mavericks. A guy I've been a fan of as a college prospect, some of the Bucks' current scouting staff (Babcock) coveted with their 2nd rounder in '05, still has upside at 23 while never being given a starting opportunity, and finally has been dangled as trade bait by the Mavs previously this offseason. A Villanueva for Bass straight up trade wouldn't necessarily work salary or otherwise. However, Charlotte covets a finesse power forward who can score next to Emeka Okafor. Who better than his college teammate who he won a national championship with?

On Gadzuric:

We'd be better suited holding onto him to begin the season and then flipping him at the deadline.
That way he could be our 3rd center to begin the season and we could more easily package him with a 2009 1st round pick (terrible draft BTW, now is the time to deal a pick) because teams who are out of the race will start looking toward the future, whereas now pretty everyone feels like they have a chance at the playoffs and therefore are making moves to improve their chances for the present.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#6 » by Sigra » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:55 pm

Bernman wrote:
I think Sigra/Ilhan made the assertion that no significant trades would occur anymore starting about a month ago, based upon Detroit's moderate post July activity during Hammond's tenure there, and of course he's already been proven wrong (to his delight).

Yup. I took "against Hammond" side until he proves me wrong. I dared him to prove me wrong. And he did.

Basicly I couldn't lose with that thread. If Hammond makes big trade then I am probably happy because he was going to trade eather Mo or Redd. But if he doesn't make that kind of trade then at least I can say "I told you so".

Win-Win :wink:
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#7 » by Sigra » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:57 pm

Bernman wrote:Hammond also telegraphed his intent to move Villanueva when he stated in an article immediately after the Ridnour trade, "our primary goal is to assemble a roster of highly motivated, hard-working individuals". Could CV epitomize those traits any less possibly?

In his contract year? I don't know. It is posible
BankIt
Junior

Post#8 » by BankIt » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:18 pm

This starting five is probably the weakest in the league with no depth. Two of the five (Bogut & Ridnour) are third stringers on any other team. This team definitely needs another big time scorer since losing MO. Hammond is a failure. His reputation is only rides on the success of Joe Dumars. I bet he convinced Dumars to draft Milicic over Anthony. Redd is definitely going to have to shoot 80% of the time now.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,845

Post#9 » by coolhandluke121 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:21 pm

Sigra wrote:
Bernman wrote:Hammond also telegraphed his intent to move Villanueva when he stated in an article immediately after the Ridnour trade, "our primary goal is to assemble a roster of highly motivated, hard-working individuals". Could CV epitomize those traits any less possibly?

In his contract year? I don't know. It is posible

Especially considering he's on his rookie deal. No reason to give him away, his value is very likely to increase even if he is in the wrong situation because his value has nowhere to go but up.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
RamonSessions
Banned User

Post#10 » by RamonSessions » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:56 am

BankIt wrote:This starting five is probably the weakest in the league with no depth. Two of the five (Bogut & Ridnour) are third stringers on any other team. This team definitely needs another big time scorer since losing MO. Hammond is a failure. His reputation is only rides on the success of Joe Dumars. I bet he convinced Dumars to draft Milicic over Anthony. Redd is definitely going to have to shoot 80% of the time now.

Forget to do that?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks