Our back up SF solution

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Re: Our back up SF solution 

Post#21 » by Nowak008 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:27 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
BankIt wrote:The bottom line should be about winning!

It is about winning.

The entire NBA didn't forget about Ruben Patterson though. They are still aware of his existence.
They don't want him. He's not in the league this year, and he was almost not in the league at all last season either but the Clippers rolled the dice on a 1 year non-guaranteed minimum salary contract. They realized what a blunder that was and waived him on December 13th of last season.

Ruben couldn't even last as long as a month and a half into the season on a really bad Clippers team.
The total package that is Ruben Patterson is not something that NBA teams are interested in.

The clippers cut him because they weren't very good anyways, went cheap and didn't guarantee the rest of his contract. Guys on the clippers board were pissed when they cut him because he was actually playing well for them.

I don't see the problem with having a nice insurance policy if JA has to be sent to the D league or if someone gets hurt.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#22 » by europa » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:12 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:

It is about winning.

The entire NBA didn't forget about Ruben Patterson though. They are still aware of his existence.
They don't want him. He's not in the league this year, and he was almost not in the league at all last season either but the Clippers rolled the dice on a 1 year non-guaranteed minimum salary contract. They realized what a blunder that was and waived him on December 13th of last season.

Ruben couldn't even last as long as a month and a half into the season on a really bad Clippers team.
The total package that is Ruben Patterson is not something that NBA teams are interested in.

Well said. The fact the entire league passed on Patterson is pretty revealing.

I think there's a better chance of me nailing Hilary Duff tonight than there is of Kohl ever letting Patterson back on the team.

Jefferson can play 35-40 minutes a game at SF. I'm fine with letting Alexander play the rest and seeing if he can make good on being the 8th pick in this year's draft.
Nothing will not break me.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#23 » by trwi7 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:03 pm

europa wrote: I think there's a better chance of me nailing Hilary Duff tonight

You would actually umm want to nail her?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#24 » by unklchuk » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:30 pm

Well, having no clue as to her pulchritude or her place in this world, I just Googled Hilary Duff.

She looks a little scary. Might possibly be not only potentially mean but attacking mean. Didn't have time to pursue the who-she-is angle.

But that doesn't stop me from drawing a conclusion anyway. If there are negatives, as there appear to be, then there probably are balancing positives. Must be something intriguing about her that has drawn Europa's attention. (Maybe she's a pure point guard...)

Since we are all rough animals under the fancy presentation, it's a wise person who concentrates on the intriguing positives.
AFAIK, IDKM
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#25 » by jerrod » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:59 pm

there are a lot of funny things going on in this picture

1. it looks like herb kohl is throwing a lego at him
2. guy in the white **** in the middle looks like he's going for some kind of kung fu death punch
3. the guy in the blue hat appears to be casually trying to use the force to protect himself while enjoying his food.
4. the 2 guys on the far right appear to be quite close
5. to the left of ruben's left foot there's a guy that appears to pontificating on how to solve world hunger, or he's just wondering how quickly ruben's po will show up if he lands on that on woman
6. just above his right hand there's a guy wearing sunglasses at an nba game. wtf?

man am i bored
BlueJeep
Junior
And1: 0

Post#26 » by BlueJeep » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:02 am

europa wrote:
GrandAdmiralDan wrote:

It is about winning.

Well said. The fact the entire league passed on Patterson is pretty revealing.

I think there's a better chance of me nailing Hilary Duff tonight than there is of Kohl ever letting Patterson back on the team.

Jefferson can play 35-40 minutes a game at SF. I'm fine with letting Alexander play the rest and seeing if he can make good on being the 8th pick in this year's draft.

Jefferson is missing 30+ games this year. Whos taking those 35-40mins/game?
Im ruff around the edges like a thug with elegance
The world needs to get up off my nuts cuz everybody actin like some elephants

Buck the World

I have a Ruben Patterson sized man crush on Brandon Jennings
RayRayJones
Starter
And1: 155

Post#27 » by RayRayJones » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:05 am

Thanks jerrod, that was a fantastic laugh at 11pm.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#28 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:04 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:There is a reason why he isn't on an NBA roster right now, and it isn't the fact that he's a registered sex offender. He isn't on an NBA roster because he is completely incapable of executing plays as diagramed by a coach.. he has a horrible basketball IQ. He does fine when a coach lets him do whatever he wants but we are trying to build a team full of smart basketball players and he just isn't a good fit for that.
Then why is Michael Redd, Dan Gadzuric, and CharlieVillanueva still here if this is true?
bucksbrewerspackersfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#29 » by bucksbrewerspackersfan » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:33 pm

I don't see Patterson as a solution unless we want to make our team the next Jailblazers. Fact anybody could have signed after the Clippers cut him and not one NBA team did. There are reasons for things like this. I understand you like him as a player and he may be a tough defender. But the fact still remains he carries a lot of baggage with him that turns off every other NBA team in the league including our own. If he did not have such bad baggage why did we not keep him and sign Desmond Mason last off season?
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#30 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:46 pm

Sure would be nice to have a guy like Desmond Mason on the roster.

Anyone have a real answer on why we traded him?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#31 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:13 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Sure would be nice to have a guy like Desmond Mason on the roster.

In all the interviews, it seemed like Hammond really didn't think he was very good and the preference was to let Dez get a fresh start in camp with another team. You've got Skiles favorite Adrian Griffin and Hammond picks Joe Alexander and LucRM who all can provide what Skiles wants next year.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man
And1: 46

Post#32 » by MetroDrugUnit » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:51 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:Sure would be nice to have a guy like Desmond Mason on the roster.

In all the interviews, it seemed like Hammond really didn't think he was very good and the preference was to let Dez get a fresh start in camp with another team. You've got Skiles favorite Adrian Griffin and Hammond picks Joe Alexander and LucRM who all can provide what Skiles wants next year.

The sad thing is is that it looks like Luc and Joe are aways away from being able to contribute solid minutes in the NBA at least in the near futrure. That leaves us with Griffin to run around aimlessly and try to score the basketball. I'm getting scared about all of this "coaches guy" talk. I swear everytime you hear talk like that it's some coach trying to justify to the paying public that I have a personal agenda that superceeds having the best available guys out there because I'm a control freak and I know I can control this kind of guy.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#33 » by Nowak008 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:22 pm

Who cares if every team in the league passed on him? Most teams during the year were at their max roster size after Ruben was let go for financial reasons. I'd guess that the teams in the playoff mix didn't have a pitiful SF rotation where they needed Ruben's help. The teams that were out of it would just play their young guys.

I honestly think the only reason he is not in the league now is because he is a sex offender.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
BlueJeep
Junior
And1: 0

Post#34 » by BlueJeep » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:51 pm

Nowak008 wrote:Who cares if every team in the league passed on him? Most teams during the year were at their max roster size after Ruben was let go for financial reasons. I'd guess that the teams in the playoff mix didn't have a pitiful SF rotation where they needed Ruben's help. The teams that were out of it would just play their young guys.

I honestly think the only reason he is not in the league now is because he is a sex offender.

+1
Im ruff around the edges like a thug with elegance
The world needs to get up off my nuts cuz everybody actin like some elephants

Buck the World

I have a Ruben Patterson sized man crush on Brandon Jennings
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#35 » by emunney » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:40 am

Did anybody ever spill the beans on exactly why it was that Ruben wasn't brought back?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#36 » by bigkurty » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:05 am

No but I am of the opinion that there is definitely more to the story than the sex offender thing and the fact that he can't remember plays. I am almost positive there is more to it just based on conversations I have had with people in the know but I admit I have no real knowledge of the exact reason.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#37 » by emunney » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:09 am

Yeah, from the insinuations around here, I think you have to be right.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#38 » by unklchuk » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:16 am

"I honestly think the only reason he is not in the league now is because he is a sex offender."

I have no inside info, but I wouldn't necessarily use past tense on the sex offender label. In some fashion, his behavior while a Buck was so unacceptable that NOBODY wants him.

It's likely something that could cause a scandal.
AFAIK, IDKM
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#39 » by LUKE23 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:23 am

I was going to say Giricek would be a good fit for our current bench, but I think he just signed in Europe.

We really need a 6-6 to 6-7 2/3 shooter added to the bench, IMO.
bucksbrewerspackersfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#40 » by bucksbrewerspackersfan » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:30 am

The good thing about Ruben Patterson not coming back that the girls on craigslist don't have to worry about him calling them LoL :lol: ...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks