ImageImage

Teams Redd would fit on

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

bigballajohn
Senior
And1: 21

Teams Redd would fit on 

Post#1 » by bigballajohn » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:27 pm

personally i think redd would fit well with new orleans cuz he would be in the same role as morris peterson or peja but since he is a better scorer he would be able to get more looks and boost them to a championship level
VooDoo7 wrote:
emunney wrote:A horse walks into a bar. It turns to Mason Plumlee and says, "Why the long face?"

Frank the Tank scoffs at both of them.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: Teams Redd would fit on 

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:29 pm

mmkay
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#3 » by bigkurty » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:30 pm

I think he would fit on any losing team or any team that wants to lose more games like a tanking team.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 381

Post#4 » by James1980 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:34 pm

He'd fit nicely on Utah:

Williams
Redd
AK
Boozer
Okur
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
bigballajohn
Senior

Post#5 » by bigballajohn » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:37 pm

i think if the grizz were willing to give up oj mayo and walker for redd and our 2009 1st rounder that would be good.

ridnour/sessions/lue
mayo/bell/griffin
jefferson/alexander/a moute
villanueva/allen/ruffin
bogut/elson/gadz

or redd, gadz, and jones for peja, mike james, and rasual butler to replace all the 3 point shooters we lost this summer

ridnour/sessions/james
peja/bell/griffin
jefferson/alexander/butler
villanueva/allen/a moute
bogut/elson/ruffin
VooDoo7 wrote:
emunney wrote:A horse walks into a bar. It turns to Mason Plumlee and says, "Why the long face?"

andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#6 » by andonewheel » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:40 pm

With our current roster Redd seems to fit here well enough.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#7 » by raferfenix » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:20 pm

Redd is a real good fit here as long as his scoring allows Jefferson to primarily be concerned with defense and rebounding. I also think we need the 4 spot to be good defensively (which would require one or both of Joe Alexander and Francisco Elson to play very well there).

I only see him as a good fit in Utah if they decide to trade Boozer or Okur, as otherwise they jsut can't handle having another poor defender. A boozer trade would probably be the best scenario imaginable for hte Bucks, and considering what a huge risk any team will take with him leaving theoretically it could be possible.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,019

Post#8 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:09 pm

raferfenix wrote:Redd is a real good fit here as long as his scoring allows Jefferson to primarily be concerned with defense and rebounding. I also think we need the 4 spot to be good defensively (which would require one or both of Joe Alexander and Francisco Elson to play very well there).

With offensively inept players at the 1 and 5 and a maddeningly inconsistent scorer at the 4, we're going to need Jefferson to score every point he can.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#9 » by Newz » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm

With Mo Williams the Bucks had a chance to make up for the scoring lost if Redd was moved for an offensive player that was inferior... But Redd now fits on this team perfectly.

We have a PG who can apparently find the open man and create shots for him, which would be perfect. (Though I am not very high on Ridnour, but I am willing to give him a chance)

We have a SF who can defend the best wing and let Redd take the weaker of the SG/SF.

We have a good passing big man at the 5 who will also help create open looks for Redd IF he can start to demand more attention in the post... Which judging by his huge extension he should be able to do.

The Bucks need Redd to do what he does best, score a lot of points and shoot the basketball whenever he is open.
MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man
And1: 46

Post#10 » by MetroDrugUnit » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:38 am

Has anyone though that maybe teams will key on Redd even more now that he will be the primary scorer? A lot of people think he is going to score 30 points a game this season. Think about all of the times Redd was matched up with a lock down defender or had a team key in on him. What happened was he took a lot of bad shots and didn't score many points. He is a worse fit for this team this coming season then he has ever been. Redd's best chance is to lose a little weight and learn to play like Reggie Miller or Rip Hamilton. If our offense can move the ball and Redd can catch and shot 50% of his shots it may work but I'm not very optimistic
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#11 » by jeremyd236 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:04 am

I sure hope Redd doesn't score 30 ppg this season. That'd be terrible for us. I think 22-24 ppg and if he can manage 4 assists per game would be perfect. If we want to be a good team, Redd has to score naturally. I know people on here will probably say Redd chucks, etc. but he doesn't shoot a bad %. Still, he needs to raise his overall FG% but more importantly his 3pt% needs to go back to what it once was.

In order for this to happen, RJ needs to be the slasher he promised to be. Bogut needs to elevate to (gasp) 17 PPG. More importantly, we need a PG who truly wants others to score over himself. We need a distributor.
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,537

Post#12 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:31 am

bigballajohn wrote:personally i think redd would fit well with new orleans cuz he would be in the same role as morris peterson or peja but since he is a better scorer he would be able to get more looks and boost them to a championship level

Any SG would fit well in New Orleans, because they don't currently have a SG. Just two SFs with the Posey signing.

Jannero Pargo played a lot of SG for that team last year. Jannero Pargo.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#13 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:12 am

No New Orleans is the last team that needs him but they would be good partners to give us some equal value in return...

However, like I said Bogut will not stay healthy all year. He is too fragile. And with what he is going to be asked to do, the Bucks have absolutely no one to rebound and bang in the low post and be a factor on both ends consistently.

As I have uttered many times, Redd has to go. I would have kept Mo Williams and traded Redd! I did not have as big an issue with Mo Williams as many of you did. Your point had better be able to shoot if you lack a big time PF and takeover Center like we do!

As for his defense, Mo tried to defend as well as he could with poor coaching and no real dominant intimidator on our team. You all were too hard on Mo and used him as a scapegoat. My problem is with with Redd!

Until he or Jefferson is moved to get an elite PF we are done in the East. You can only go so far with the Scott Skiles effect which I believe will net us 10-12 more wins a year just by his expertise.
He was a great hire...absolutely masterful. I wanted him here when the Bulls let him go!

But it will come a time when you will need the horses that can pull the wagon...and I would look to deal with teams like Utah #1. No team is fitted to help us and we them then the Jazz. I love their roster and even their bench!

Like I said, so can Pheonix. I would explore McGrady but they team needs to just go out and get to the finals and be done with it. They are my favorites to come out of the West. So that is unlikely.

I gotta get Amare Stoudemire here and move Redd to the Suns. If D'Antoni stayed this might be more realistic but Terry Porter might get more out of Amare and moving from Pheonix to Milwaukee might not sit well with the big fella. But I would welcome that deal a ton..

Those two teams come to mind immediately...especially if Bogut won't be ready for camp.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User

Post#14 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:16 am

James1980 wrote:He'd fit nicely on Utah:

Williams
Redd
AK
Boozer
Okur
I agree 110%. Redd could get the Jazz to the Finals, but we would have to ask for one of those players back for him won't we?

Like I told you, you can keep Kirilenko but I would take him in a pinch if they threw in Brewer and Milsap.

But I would ask them for Brewer, Milsap to even open up the conversation and then perhaps Okur who Hammond had some dealings with in Detriot.

But yes, he would be perfect there. Korver, Okur and Brewer or Milsap would get it done for me...
Milsap is the deal breaker here, I think....
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User

Post#15 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:27 am

raferfenix wrote:Redd is a real good fit here as long as his scoring allows Jefferson to primarily be concerned with defense and rebounding. I also think we need the 4 spot to be good defensively (which would require one or both of Joe Alexander and Francisco Elson to play very well there).

I only see him as a good fit in Utah if they decide to trade Boozer or Okur, as otherwise they jsut can't handle having another poor defender. A boozer trade would probably be the best scenario imaginable for hte Bucks, and considering what a huge risk any team will take with him leaving theoretically it could be possible.
Redd is not a good fit here...what the hell are you talking about!?

What has he won? With this team he will try to take over again, and he is the wrong mix for the type of guys they have now to make the playoffs, and the wrong coach for him if they sustain a major injury to either Jefferson and Bogut.

You have more serious issues up front that you need to address. If you make the right trade and trade for some more rebounds, defenese and blocks for Redd's points, you can make up what Redd gives you.

All he gives you are buckets...that is it! You need to move him for a guy who can get you more then buckets and who can beat you in more ways then hitting a jump shot as your best player!!!

If all your so called 'best player' and 'max out man' can do to win is hit a jump shot if he is not tired or hurt all the time like he is and can't defend and does not rebound or pass efficiently, then I will be you every time down the stretch and double team him and make someone else beat me.

Your top gun on a team like our's has to possess more then one skill...shooting jumpers! I really do not know what the world you are talkin about, 'he fits us well.' Every team has a guy who is their #1 guy who is multi faceted except us!

If it is compete and challenge every night...I doubt if this team can even do that against certain opponents. Skiles gives us a chance, but even at the end in Chicago they were looking to get a guy like Garnett, Gasol or Kobe...who could do more then one thing for them!

John Paxson dropped the ball there. He should be fired not Skiles! Had they kept LaMarcus and Chandler the Bulls would have been the Celtics this yea

You move Redd for someone who can do more then just shoot!r... You can anyone to shoot and to score...basically. If he gets 35 and gives up 45 what have you gained?
nuttinbutta Big Dog party
Junior
And1: 0

Post#16 » by nuttinbutta Big Dog party » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:37 pm

I would rather have Peja than Redd. I dont see that as an upgrade.
Big Dogg GRob--smoothest 15 foot jumper in the game
bigballajohn
Senior

Post#17 » by bigballajohn » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:22 pm

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:
James1980 wrote:He'd fit nicely on Utah:

Williams
Redd
AK
Boozer
Okur
I agree 110%. Redd could get the Jazz to the Finals, but we would have to ask for one of those players back for him won't we?

Like I told you, you can keep Kirilenko but I would take him in a pinch if they threw in Brewer and Milsap.

But I would ask them for Brewer, Milsap to even open up the conversation and then perhaps Okur who Hammond had some dealings with in Detriot.

But yes, he would be perfect there. Korver, Okur and Brewer or Milsap would get it done for me...
Milsap is the deal breaker here, I think....

i would love to have milsap on our team. hes a guy who can rebound and score, and he isnt afraid to bang around down low. he fits better with bogut than charlie v does
VooDoo7 wrote:

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#18 » by trwi7 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:27 pm

bigballajohn wrote:i would love to have milsap on our team.

The Bucks or the Heat?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Post#19 » by Sigra » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:16 pm

Trading Redd now would make no sense. Without Redd's scoring this team can't win more than 20 games.
bigballajohn
Senior

Post#20 » by bigballajohn » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:47 pm

trwi7 wrote:
bigballajohn wrote:i would love to have milsap on our team.

The Bucks or the Heat?

im a fan of both, and i would want mislap on either
VooDoo7 wrote:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks