ImageImage

What could Redd and Jefferson get us?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Re: What could Redd and Jefferson get us? 

Post#21 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:37 am

bigkurty wrote:So MBBOT, what do you propose then? If we are going to speculate on extreme trades, how about Dirk and Howard for Redd, RJ, ,and next years first unprotected. It would have to wait until Aug. 26th but then I think its doable if both sides agree. Or if that isn't enough cause they would need another big, how about Dirk, Howard, and Eddie Jones for Redd, RJ, CV, and a future first. Dallas isn't going anywhere so why not that trade if we are going to get crazy.

BINGO! NOW YOU ARE TALKING!!!!

That is what this team needs to win in the NBA! There you go...now you are thinking big! Very good!

I like both of those deals although I do not like Josh Howard but I would take it to have Dirk and Bogut up front!

There you go. It makes sense. Jefferson would be reunited with Jason Kidd, you would have Bass and Villaneuva on the wings and low locks high post and you would have Redd as well! Works well both both teams.

Howard who I don't care for and who many of you like is as good in some respects statistically then RJ and you bring in Dirk who is better then Redd in some things and you got Stack and hopefully a pick....

There you go! That is an option as well. That is the way you do it. For all of you who say, 'no hold on to these two..." That is fine and good. I wouldn't but I am not the Bucks' GM I am a member of Bucks RealGM.
BDUB_30
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by BDUB_30 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:02 am

Yeah well easily the problem here in your logic is you throw the term " superstar " around like it has little value ..

Rasheed Wallace was a superstar that just lowered his role for Detroit ? Rasheed Wallace and superstar should never be said in the same sentence .. You never know what youre getting from him on any given night and even at his best its not superstar worthy ... Chauncy either , get real ..

Let me ask you this , the last time this team in milwaukee was succsessful , who did we have for SUPERSTAR talent ?

Big dog ?
Ray Allen ?
Cassel ?

Man please , none of these guys were superstars ..

Truth being told , their is no one single " FORMULA" to putting together a chip worthy team . BLOW IT UP WE DONT HAVE LEBRON JAMES , LETS SUCK FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS AND HOPE WE CAN GET A PLAYER THAT COMES THRU THE NBA ONCE EVERY 10 YEARS " .....

good teams , are exactally THAT ... good teams ....solid coached teams ..that come to play ball everytnight ... this is exactally why weve seen utah in the loterry , what ? 3 times in 20 years ? ... BECAUSE that team is always prepared and plays hard and together ...

BUT dont take my word for it .. why dont you just look at what a proven succsesful nba gm is doing with OUR team ... In fact , he is trading out " star " appeal for what he feels are more complete players that compliment our other pieces well ..

Go ahead and mark it down , i guarentee all you whiney ass dudes are gonna be on here kissing hammonds ass and singing a diffrent tune come 09 .. This team is going to play every single night ...

We have seen what " talent " gets us here in milwaukee ... Talent without grit / determination = lottery ..One year our talent comes out and plays hard and together , we get into the ecf .. the following year , our talent decides to not play hard and together and we dont even make the playoffs ...

Ill take determination/grit / chemistry any day of the week .....as someone whos played this game for 20 years , i can tell you this ... The team that plays harder wins 9 times out of 10 ...regardless of talent .. Hammond knows this as well .
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#23 » by Bernman » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:34 am

The motives for this thread start from Nowak are two-fold:

1. he desperately doesn't want the opportunity to have his paradigm that Mo was part of the solution and not the problem blown apart. Therefore he dreams about the makeup of the team being changed so drastically so that's never a possibility. If there is a dramatic improvement he can pawn it off on the Bucks being almost entirely a different team, in that case. As is the only major perceived upgrade we've made to our rotation talent wise is Jefferson over Simmons and theoretically he shouldn't produce 20 more wins by itself.

2. misplaced frustration directed at Mike mostly because he got Mo jettisoned theoretically. The common contention even from Mo nation was that one of the two had to go since the two didn't compliment each other. When it was his boy instead of Mike, he lashes out in the form of trade proposals that send him packing also.

If the Bucks get an offer for a superstar they can't refuse, then they'd be stupid not to pull the trigger. But they've already solved the primary composition problem in their eyes obviously, any other upgrades they could make would be a bonus. No need to actively shop any of the team's current corps. Just sit back and enjoy the substantial improvement this season.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#24 » by aaprigs311 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:17 am

Yeah, fantasy basketball doesn't start for at least 2/3 weeks.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,991

Post#25 » by Flash4thewin » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:32 am

The Pistons only won because Malone got hurt and Kobe went into "i want to be the man" ego mode when he was imature and selfish. Star players win championships. :D
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#26 » by Nowak008 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:43 pm

Bernman wrote:The motives for this thread start from Nowak are two-fold:

1. he desperately doesn't want the opportunity to have his paradigm that Mo was part of the solution and not the problem blown apart. Therefore he dreams about the makeup of the team being changed so drastically so that's never a possibility. If there is a dramatic improvement he can pawn it off on the Bucks being almost entirely a different team, in that case. As is the only major perceived upgrade we've made to our rotation talent wise is Jefferson over Simmons and theoretically he shouldn't produce 20 more wins by itself.

Or I just want to get a super star on this team, it has nothing to do with Mo. Also I think the Simmons to Jefferson is going to be a bigger upgrade then people think. Jefferson is the best player we have had on the Bucks in 20 years. This team is going to be better because Bogut will be better, we don't have 4 guys who were major cancers (CV, Bobby, Yi, Bell), and we got rid of the worst coach in Bucks history to a proven veteran coach. We will be a better team next year, no doubt, but it will really have little or nothing to do with Mo being gone.

2. misplaced frustration directed at Mike mostly because he got Mo jettisoned theoretically. The common contention even from Mo nation was that one of the two had to go since the two didn't compliment each other. When it was his boy instead of Mike, he lashes out in the form of trade proposals that send him packing also.

I've been making Redd trades for a while now, so I don't think I buy that.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks