ImageImage

TI - CV and Sessions for Lee and ?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

htr
Bench Warmer
And1: 61

TI - CV and Sessions for Lee and ? 

Post#1 » by htr » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:35 pm

Would the knicks do this deal? I know we all like Sessions but it appears he's not in the short term plans and long term, maybe we can draft somebody better anyway. His value will get lower (not sure how high it is now anyway) if he's our 3rd pg this year. People will forget the good games he had. I'm all for getting Lee and think NYK might be interested in a deal like this provided we can add someone else to make the salaries work. Thoughts?

Edited to add that sending Nate Robinson to us would make the trade work.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,677

Re: TI - CV and Sessions for Lee and ? 

Post#2 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:44 pm

For me to trade CV and Sessions for Lee and something that something would have to be an unprotected first
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,996

Post#3 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:55 pm

No.....too much to give up. We'll owe Lee big money after this year and if Hammond knows what he's doing, presumably Joe Alexander will be as good as Lee (I don't think he will, but they are the same size)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#4 » by bigkurty » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:15 am

Yuck. Yeah I would want a minimum of an unprotected first to even consider this deal and I still might turn it down. I have a man crush on Sessions though so maybe I am a little bit biased.
FutureBuck2008
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#5 » by FutureBuck2008 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:44 am

htr wrote:Would the knicks do this deal? I know we all like Sessions but it appears he's not in the short term plans and long term, maybe we can draft somebody better anyway. His value will get lower (not sure how high it is now anyway) if he's our 3rd pg this year. People will forget the good games he had. I'm all for getting Lee and think NYK might be interested in a deal like this provided we can add someone else to make the salaries work. Thoughts?

Edited to add that sending Nate Robinson to us would make the trade work.

I think I would not consider this deal and the Bucks might not either......Sessions would seem to be a better fit at PG, because for instance, Sessions brings more a defensive presence than Robinson......I do like Robinson but also he might be another Mo Williams (decent passer but would prefer to score/and or shoot it), but is more athletic.

David Lee is a solid PF, but the Bucks should consider a PF who brings more defensive energy such as shot blocking/ or altering shots as well as post defense and hustle...A Tyrus Thomas, Ben Wallace, or maybe Boris Diaw seem to be better logical fits for the position.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,542

Post#6 » by Frank Nova » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:43 am

If Joe Alexander turns into anything close to his expectations will we have no problems with the rotation

CV, Bogut, JA and Elson will be fine as a front court rotation
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#7 » by REDDzone » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:46 am

Not sure either team touches this deal.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#8 » by Nebula1 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:00 am

**** no... Ramon will take the starting spot before the end of the season anyway.

1. Ramon took it from Mo Williams

2. Ridnour couldn't take it from Earl Watson
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#9 » by AussieBuck » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:51 am

Great trade let's roll with Rinour, Nate and Lue. Championship baby!
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#10 » by aaprigs311 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:36 am

I've been a big advocate of David Lee, but not for CV and Sessions. CV and Bell for Lee/Filler and I'm in. I know the Knicks had interest in Bell briefly.
Jesus Juice
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#11 » by Jesus Juice » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:08 pm

Ima knicks fan, I would love sessions on the knicks team, I don't think he won the starting roll from mo, I just think u guys went into tank mode just like most every other team without a shot to make it, and you got to see flashes of what the guy could do, much like chandler on my team. I don't think we would be giving you any first round picks for sessions tho, especially since we don't have very many. But def in the right deal I would love to have him

Return to Milwaukee Bucks