ImageImage

Redd scores 57 on NBAtv tonight..

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Re: Redd scores 57 on NBAtv tonight.. 

Post#41 » by BuckFan25226 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:54 pm

InsideOut wrote:So Redd shoots a lot (32 FG & 17 FT), scores a lot, does nothing else (ZERO assists, 2 rebounds), gets torched on D and Buck's lose again. Why be impressed as this sounds like his usual game but with more than double the shot attempts.

I really hope this was meant to be green. Shooting 56% from the field while Sloan is throwing everything at him but the kitchen sink, yet he's still finding ways to score.

And Redd getting torched? It looks like our former point guard and frontcourt were the ones getting torched that game.

Boozer - 32/10/3, 13/20 from the field
Harpring and Millsap were 12/18 from the field, with 32pts, 12rebs, 5ast. AK left early in that game with a sprained ankle. Okur had a rough game, but all he does is sit outside and shoot. Yet he still managed 11 rebounds. D-Will torched Mo for 27/15ast/5stl.

As mentioned before, Redd had absolutely no help in this game. Bogut/CV/Ruben manged a whopping 15 rebounds this game in 91 minutes. But I suppose that's somehow Redd's fault because he was too busy single handedly torching the Jazz for 57 while giving us a chance to win.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#42 » by REDDzone » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:09 pm

Was this the game where they actually played the box and one on him?

Sick. Sucks we lost.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,223

Post#43 » by rilamann » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:30 pm

BuckFan25226 wrote:
rilamann wrote:So let me get this straight,NBA TV probably has a library of probably 1000's of NBA games to chose from and they picked this one?

why? lol

Redd scores 57 and his team looses so you cant consider this a classic if your a Bucks fan and the Jazz win a game in November at the buzzer on an uncontested lay-up,if your a Jazz fan big deal.

So why on earth would they replay this game?

Well lets see, Rilamann, since NBATV probably knows there are more fans out there then just Bucks fans. I assume they weren't thinking "Well, the Bucks lost even though Redd had a great performance getting them back in the game. So not to confuse or piss off any Bucks fans, let's not show it!"

Yes, we lost that game, it sucked, I was there. But it still doesn't take away how great Redd's performance was single handedly getting his team back in the game.

People still talk about when Jordan dropped 63 in the Garden in the playoffs in the mid 80's, the Bulls lost that game in OT. So does that mean it wasn't fun to watch him drop 63?

The game was simply shown for 2 reasons. The first being the crazy comeback which everyone who was watching that game was sure it was over in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. The 2nd is the individual performance of Redd going off for 57 and single handedly getting them back in the game.

Come on man you cant compare Redd's 57 to Jordan's 63 from the standpoint it was a great individual preformance in a loss.

Jordan's game was in the playoffs.

Redd's game was in November.

The Bulls lost at the Boston Garden in double overtime to the ''86'' Celtics,the Celtics where 40-1 at home that year and 67-15 overall.67-15 in 1986 would be like 77-5 in todays NBA.

The Bucks lost at home to the great ''06'' Utah Jazz.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#44 » by jeremyd236 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:58 pm

Didn't the Jazz have the best record in the NBA at that point? Something like that
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#45 » by trwi7 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:08 pm

jeremyd236 wrote:Didn't the Jazz have the best record in the NBA at that point? Something like that

Does that really mean anything? The Jazz played six games before that game. Saying you have the best record after six games doesn't really mean anything. Hell, we were in first place in the Central after 11 games last season.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
jeremyd236
General Manager

Post#46 » by jeremyd236 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:49 pm

No, I'm just saying it's not like they were a terrible team. A playoff team in the West is a top 4 seed in the East.

Either way, I don't understand why anyone on here would want to put down this accomplishment. He scored 57 points, 39 in the second half, and kept the Bucks in the game. He broke a 35 year old record set by one of the best players in NBA history.

Sure, a win is more important. He said he wanted the win, his coach said he would've wanted the win, and even Bogut said Redd would've preferred a win.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#47 » by jerrod » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:49 pm

midranger wrote:
jerrod wrote:i'm a little curious about people's thoughts on this compared to sessions high assist game. one player puts up great stats, sucks defensively and we lose.

I think the game more like that Sessions game was when Redd scored 52 but allowed Ben Gordon to score 48. Gordon proved clutch, Redd was of course anti-clutch, and we lost.

More reminicent of Sessions allowing Chris Duhon to go career on him.

yeah, that is more comparable. i don't remember that game
jeremyd236
General Manager

Post#48 » by jeremyd236 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:11 pm

That game was just sad. The Bucks had a huge lead after 3. Gordon and Redd just allowed eachother to score at ease
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#49 » by BuckFan25226 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:18 pm

rilamann wrote:
BuckFan25226 wrote:
rilamann wrote:So let me get this straight,NBA TV probably has a library of probably 1000's of NBA games to chose from and they picked this one?

why? lol

Redd scores 57 and his team looses so you cant consider this a classic if your a Bucks fan and the Jazz win a game in November at the buzzer on an uncontested lay-up,if your a Jazz fan big deal.

So why on earth would they replay this game?

Well lets see, Rilamann, since NBATV probably knows there are more fans out there then just Bucks fans. I assume they weren't thinking "Well, the Bucks lost even though Redd had a great performance getting them back in the game. So not to confuse or piss off any Bucks fans, let's not show it!"

Yes, we lost that game, it sucked, I was there. But it still doesn't take away how great Redd's performance was single handedly getting his team back in the game.

People still talk about when Jordan dropped 63 in the Garden in the playoffs in the mid 80's, the Bulls lost that game in OT. So does that mean it wasn't fun to watch him drop 63?

The game was simply shown for 2 reasons. The first being the crazy comeback which everyone who was watching that game was sure it was over in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. The 2nd is the individual performance of Redd going off for 57 and single handedly getting them back in the game.

Come on man you cant compare Redd's 57 to Jordan's 63 from the standpoint it was a great individual preformance in a loss.

Jordan's game was in the playoffs.

Redd's game was in November.

The Bulls lost at the Boston Garden in double overtime to the ''86'' Celtics,the Celtics where 40-1 at home that year and 67-15 overall.67-15 in 1986 would be like 77-5 in todays NBA.

The Bucks lost at home to the great ''06'' Utah Jazz.

Come on about what? The point is both teams lost, but the individual performances are still impressive. Nobody, including myself is arguing Redd's performance is as significant or as impressive as Jordan's, so don't bother going there. But it's not just that Redd scored 57 and lost. He dropped 39 in the second half(25 in the 4th) to come back from a 17 point lead in the 4th quarter against a very good Jazz team.

But you sit back and chuckle and act as if it wasn't that great and you can't understand why they would show it. Maybe you should ask Jerry Sloan if it was worth showing?
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,

blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
BlueJeep
Junior
And1: 0

Post#50 » by BlueJeep » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:29 pm

trwi7 wrote:
THE DINJ wrote:Redd had no help whatsoever in this game. Can't say I'm surprised to see him getting the bulk of the blame on this forum though.

Bell was 4-8 in 22 minutes, Bogut was4-8 in 35 minutes and Patterson was 8-9 in 34 minutes.

WEIRD!!!
Im ruff around the edges like a thug with elegance
The world needs to get up off my nuts cuz everybody actin like some elephants

Buck the World

I have a Ruben Patterson sized man crush on Brandon Jennings
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#51 » by Nowak008 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:39 am

BlueJeep wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
THE DINJ wrote:Redd had no help whatsoever in this game. Can't say I'm surprised to see him getting the bulk of the blame on this forum though.

Bell was 4-8 in 22 minutes, Bogut was4-8 in 35 minutes and Patterson was 8-9 in 34 minutes.

WEIRD!!!

+1
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
jerrod
RealGM
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#52 » by jerrod » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:07 am

you realize of course that if ruben hadn't choked on that 9th shot, the game would have gone to overtime and the bucks would have won right?
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#53 » by WEFFPIM » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:22 am

The pros: One of the greatest shooting exhibitions I've ever seen, and maybe will ever see. Redd was the only reason the Bucks were in the game.

The cons: Redd turned out to be the main reason why the Bucks lost the game.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
jeremyd236
General Manager

Post#54 » by jeremyd236 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:16 am

WEFFPIM wrote:The pros: One of the greatest shooting exhibitions I've ever seen, and maybe will ever see. Redd was the only reason the Bucks were in the game.

The cons: Redd turned out to be the main reason why the Bucks lost the game.

Why? Who did Redd guard that game? Do you even know?

Boozer and Williams tore the Bucks apart. Don't pretend the Bucks lost because of the final play of the game. If Redd didn't play at all in this game, the Bucks would've lost by 22 instead of 2.
jerrod
RealGM

Post#55 » by jerrod » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:00 pm

they didn't lose because of redd, they lost because of redd's mistake

there's a difference

Return to Milwaukee Bucks