ImageImage

OT: Milwaukee Sports Radio shakeup (WSSP-WAUK)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Re: OT: Milwaukee Sports Radio shakeup (WSSP-WAUK) 

Post#41 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Thu Sep 4, 2008 11:10 pm

LarryHarris wrote:Cliff is a real twerp. I find myself constantly annoyed with his idiotic ramblings and his ability to flip-flop his point of view several times while discussing an issue and then feeling like he has the journalistic integrity to argue with callers. I always loved that during the theme songs they would play up Cliff's "New York" swagger, as if that explains a guy with a Napoleon complex spouting massive amounts of bull to a tired and indifferent audience. How long does it take for a new listener to get annoyed with Cliff Saunders, 5 minutes? Ten?

This new Josh guy is pretty woeful too. I love how he has this jocktastic nickname, The Future, as if that is somehow supposed to make us care about the person who is obviously the third wheel on the, so far, uneven Big Show. I like Sparky and Gary, but they seem thrown together, maybe their chemistry will gel, however, this Josh guy, who is seemingly there to play the moderator between the strong voices of Gary and Sparky, needs to go.

In fairness to Josh, it isn't like he started calling himself "The Future"
Sparky dubbed him "The Future" just like he dubbed Tim Allen "The Franchise"

I have only had a chance to hear a few minutes of "The Big Show" as of yet, and I will reserve judgment on it for a couple weeks. It will take a little bit of time for the three of them to get a feel for the rhythm of the show. It's new for them too. A three person show is definitely a unique dynamic. I am initially skeptical of the three person lineup, but we shall see. I do really like Sparky when he is paired with someone else (especially Tim Allen) so hopefully that can work with two others rather than just one.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#42 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Thu Sep 4, 2008 11:52 pm

trwi7 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Rumor has it Sparky was visiting with a very popular member of this board the other day.

MORE TO COME?!?!?

I bet it was GAD.

Nope, MBBOT. If Howard Stern and Rush Limbaugh can dominate radio ratings, MMBOT can obliterate them.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#43 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Sep 5, 2008 12:06 am

adamcz wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Rumor has it Sparky was visiting with a very popular member of this board the other day.

MORE TO COME?!?!?

I bet it was GAD.

Nope, MBBOT. If Howard Stern and Rush Limbaugh can dominate radio ratings, MMBOT can obliterate them.

I doubt it.
I'd agree with you if we were talking about print media.
But we're talking about radio. How do you broadcast an emoticon?
97-98

Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,

I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#44 » by Max Green » Fri Sep 5, 2008 12:59 am

I hate "Topic Radio" which 1250 pretty much does all the time. I only listen to 1250 for the Jim Rome Show and JT The Brick's show and the Bucks post game show.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus

Return to Milwaukee Bucks