Would we Trade for Darko

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Re: Would we Trade for Darko 

Post#41 » by Bernman » Wed Sep 3, 2008 8:42 pm

WRau1 wrote:
Bernman wrote:I'd rather trade for Donnie Darko. He's capable of building a time machine, which, with the knowledge we'd gain, would allow us to go back and correct our mistakes.

He didn't build a time machine.

Yes he did. He told his therapist something to the effect of "did you know I have the power to build a time machine". Then after his girlfriend is killed he rode the airplane engine that initially landed in his room, through space, back onto his own head. He didn't build the engine itself of course, but manipulated it in some way to cause it to function as a time machine.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Cold Crush 24
Sixth Man
And1: 151

Post#42 » by Cold Crush 24 » Wed Sep 3, 2008 9:51 pm

Id do it. Darko was the Shidt in NBA live 03!
Finals in 2017
RayRayJones
Starter
And1: 155

Post#43 » by RayRayJones » Wed Sep 3, 2008 11:22 pm

I'm pretty torn on this one. Our team is built for running more than half court scoring and Darko at PF would help us immensely just by blocking. Darko has been shadowed quite a bit by the other developing big men the Grizzlies have in Warrick and Marc Gasol. The guy averaged 1.6 blocks a game in 23.8mpg. CV played the same MPG as Darko (24.2 or something) and averaged 0.5bpg. They're also the same on steals and RP48 (exactly tied at 12.2).

Now, to have an efficient team that's orientated to running, you need scorers. Redd, RJ, and Bogut aren't a horrible core for JUST scoring, but Ridnour is less than average for scoring (he isn't made to score, made to pass) so we need a PF that's above average. Darko is way below average for scoring in the NBA. Darko's CAREER high in points is 21 (but don't worry guys, he did it TWICE!) while that's what CV averaged as a starter (OK, maybe not but you get the point) and while Darko is a fantastic upgrade at defense and something we need at the PF, it's not what we need as our starting PF. I'd be much happier to go with CV as the starter and bring Darko off the bench if you want.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks