Lasme

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Lasme 

Post#1 » by Garbs_7 » Thu Sep 4, 2008 4:30 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... ane_lasme/

Miami have just waived Stephane Lasme, I believe to make room to sign Mourning. Would he be a good pickup for us as a 3rd big behind CV/Allen? Some people believe we need to sign another big, preferably a banger but I know some on this board are pretty high on this guy. Not much production on offense outside dunks, but a good defender and an amazing shotblocker. Still reasonably young and a little undersized, but very athletic.

Do we have enough roster space to sign him? If we cut Griffen and or Jones? Our frontcourt may be a little too loaded now, not so much with talent just numbers. Would anyone be interested, might be able to find his niche in the league?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Re: Lasme 

Post#2 » by emunney » Thu Sep 4, 2008 4:33 am

I love Lasme, but think he's more of a 3/4 situational defender/hustle player. I'd be surprised if there's room on the team for him, considering we've already got a few of those guys.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#3 » by trwi7 » Thu Sep 4, 2008 4:34 am

The Heat cut Lasme to re-sign an old and coming off a serious leg injury and we should sign him? There's a reason he was cut, he sucks.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#4 » by raferfenix » Thu Sep 4, 2008 5:39 am

I know very little about Lasme, but I do know that the Heat have wayyyyyy too many forwards. Even if he is a good palyer, would he get many minutes with Marion, Beasley, Haslem, James Jones, and Dorrell Wright ahead of him? Plus, they desperately need hlep at center, and Mourning could end up starting for them just as easily as Magloire or Blount too.

Anyways, I definitely like the idea of the bucks getting more defenders, athletes, and players aggresive by the hoop. I'm hoping we go for a more proven player like that through trade though.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#5 » by Badgerlander » Thu Sep 4, 2008 12:47 pm

I like his fantasy stats, but I haven't seen him play so I have no idea what his basketball IQ is. I really don't think he'd get any playing time here since he has 3 size even though he plays like a 4. Maybe with the Mad Ants?
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Neapolitan Buck » Thu Sep 4, 2008 1:09 pm

Lasme is a great athlete, but his basketball skills are really poor.
FutureBuck2008
Sophomore

Post#7 » by FutureBuck2008 » Thu Sep 4, 2008 4:23 pm

trwi7 wrote:The Heat cut Lasme to re-sign an old and coming off a serious leg injury and we should sign him? There's a reason he was cut, he sucks.

And tell me Trwi, why do you honestly think that Lasme sucks??.....I posted earlier that the Bucks should pick up or acquire him and now they have the chance......The Bucks could really use Lasme who would give them a shotblocker/defender type who has some offensive skills and might develop.....Trwi if you honestly think Lasme is NOT a solid player, then maybe you should get more knowledgable about basketball.

:-?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,377

Post#8 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Sep 4, 2008 5:33 pm

Actually I think Trwi's reasoning pretty much speaks for itself. If he was a "a shotblocker/defender type who has some offensive skills and might develop" why would the Heat cut him for freakin' Magloire?
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
FutureBuck2008
Sophomore

Post#9 » by FutureBuck2008 » Thu Sep 4, 2008 8:38 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Actually I think Trwi's reasoning pretty much speaks for itself. If he was a "a shotblocker/defender type who has some offensive skills and might develop" why would the Heat cut him for freakin' Magloire?

I don't think Twri's reasoning really speaks for itself......I wouldn't say Lasme sucks because actually I see him developing into a solid or even better player........The Heat cut him because they had to make a roster move for Magloire, but ALSO i think the Heat had the depth factor with many F's like Padgett, Wright, Marion, etc......, and maybe they could be working up a trade.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#10 » by Buck You » Thu Sep 4, 2008 8:47 pm

Futurebuck.. Magloire is terrible, if Lasme was cut for him then I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.
FutureBuck2008
Sophomore

Post#11 » by FutureBuck2008 » Thu Sep 4, 2008 9:01 pm

ReddBogutCharlieV wrote:Futurebuck.. Magloire is terrible, if Lasme was cut for him then I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

I wouldn't say Magloire is terrible.....Sure his numbers has dropped, but he can still be productive if he gets plays PT, becomes more involved in Miami's offense, along with maybe another factor......MAYBE you're saying Magloire is terrible because he USED to be a Buck and his tenure wasn't as productive as before but I don't think that wasn't really his fault.......but I still think he is a useful and solid player.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#12 » by trwi7 » Thu Sep 4, 2008 9:19 pm

FutureBuck2008 wrote:Trwi if you honestly think Lasme is NOT a solid player, then maybe you should get more knowledgable about basketball.

He's a solid shot blocker. He sucks at everything else. He wouldn't help us.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#13 » by fam3381 » Thu Sep 4, 2008 9:51 pm

We have 15 guys, so while I don't really see the point of keeping Griffin for $1.7 million, we have a full roster at the moment. We'll bring in some warm bodies for camp but I assume we'll either go with this group or cut Griffin and go with 14.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
FutureBuck2008
Sophomore

Post#14 » by FutureBuck2008 » Thu Sep 4, 2008 9:53 pm

trwi7 wrote:
FutureBuck2008 wrote:Trwi if you honestly think Lasme is NOT a solid player, then maybe you should get more knowledgable about basketball.

He's a solid shot blocker. He sucks at everything else. He wouldn't help us.

Trwi, Lasme is more than just a shotblocker/defender, although the Bucks REALLY do need another shotblocker (which is important) to shore up their defense......but also he HAS scoring ability, whether it's the ability to knock down a jumper/ or some impressive inside moves......Lasme also can be a productive rebounder if given an opportunity.......So Trwi, Lasme WOULD defenitely help us.....and then the Bucks maybe could package Joe Alexander and another piece to land us a defensive/shot blocking PF (w/ offense being at least having some ability or solid) and maybe at least a young SG who provides some defense or better.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,029

Post#15 » by midranger » Thu Sep 4, 2008 11:50 pm

Neapolitan Buck wrote:Lasme is a great athlete, but his basketball skills are really poor.

Great, so he should be able to contribute now. Or at least I've been so told.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
beyond_the_arc
Starter
And1: 46

Post#16 » by beyond_the_arc » Fri Sep 5, 2008 2:04 am

FutureBuck2008 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:The Heat cut Lasme to re-sign an old and coming off a serious leg injury and we should sign him? There's a reason he was cut, he sucks.

And tell me Trwi, why do you honestly think that Lasme sucks??.....I posted earlier that the Bucks should pick up or acquire him and now they have the chance......The Bucks could really use Lasme who would give them a shotblocker/defender type who has some offensive skills and might develop.....Trwi if you honestly think Lasme is NOT a solid player, then maybe you should get more knowledgable about basketball.

Lasme is the second coming of Haislip, incredible athlete who sucks at basketball.
Postby SubyWill on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Magic fan checking in, holy **** Harris is legit. Your GM should be fired.

No ****.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#17 » by Newz » Fri Sep 5, 2008 2:06 am

This is the same board where people want Ersan to come back and play for us. Apparently being complete garbage doesn't matter.

We have Adrian Griffin, that guy is like five times better than Lasme and Ersan.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,448

Post#18 » by steger_3434 » Fri Sep 5, 2008 2:19 am

beyond_the_arc wrote:
FutureBuck2008 wrote:

Lasme is the second coming of Haislip, incredible athlete who sucks at basketball.

Exactly. Besides, we already have JA that fills that role.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !

Return to Milwaukee Bucks