ImageImage

Bucks more Improved than Pacers?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Re: Bucks more Improved than Pacers? 

Post#21 » by Wise1 » Sat Sep 6, 2008 7:33 pm

emunney wrote:That is pretty great. Any post that starts out with "hear ye" -- like ye olde towne crier -- and then is immediately and thoroughly unintelligible is fine work.

:lol:
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#22 » by Komodo » Sun Sep 7, 2008 1:09 am

That was a decent read. I think you guys will be more competitive this year, and if healthy will definitely be in the discussion for the #8 seed, at worst. The Pacers are also on the rise. I think they are the team most likely to completely fly under the radar and make the playoffs as the last seed, but only time will tell.

I was pretty confused when you traded Mo Williams, but just like the rest of you, have come to understand the reasoning behind it. With Redd, Jefferson, Bogut, and Villanueva already on board, you'll have ample firepower and with only so many shots to go around, a more pass-first distributor was needed. I'm not saying I like the trade, but I can see the logic. You were one of the other teams I followed last season and I'll be keeping an eye on you guys this year. Hopefully Bogut continues to grow in to more of an offensive role; he had a very good year last year.

Good luck!
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#23 » by bcortell » Sun Sep 7, 2008 2:36 am

Sigra wrote:
bcortell wrote:
Sigra wrote:If healthy both teams should make playoffs with almost same record.

Hmm.. how does that happen.

Teams that will make the playoffs
1. Boston
2. Detriot
3. Cleveland
4. Philly
5. Orlando
6. Toronto
7. Atlanta (I guess they're debatable.. but they are still probably in 9/10 times)

So that leaves one spot for two teams.. I also wouldn't rule out Chicago or Miami. If chicago could get back to two years ago, they could very well be in. And by the looks of it, Wade's back- and that's very much a reason to believe miami has an outside shot (Heck, Cleveland has been making and succeeding in the playoffs with pretty much just lebron. Miami has Wade and Marion and Beasley).

I just can't see both Mil and Ind making it.. I think it's more likely neither make it, but a chance that one slips in.

To see my explanation find my post at this page:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=835997&start=15

Oh man i completely forgot about Washington too.. I guess i'm just tired of beating them in the playoffs.

But anyways. I do agree that JO isn't special anymore.. but he's still better than any big man bosh had next to him. so improvement there. they didn't really lose anything for him- they still have calderon- so i can't see them dropping out.

I also agree that losing childress hurts atlanta, but they have one of the most underrated signings this offseason (imo, along with pietrus to orlando) in mo evans. i think he is a good backup for them. I would say they finish 8th or 9th.

The leader of the Bulls is deng. Noah's not a bad center- he does a lot of things that show up in stats. (I'm not saying he's good). Gordon will be back, most likely. They have depth. Coaching will hurt them but they still have a lot of talent.. and a chance to make the playoffs. (I would guess they don't though)

Miami does have a lot of questions but they have some monster players in wade, marion, and beasley. Like i said before, cleveland has done well with just lebron when they had delonte at point. and before him hughes. and before him snow.. yes we had big z, but no one even close to marion or beasley's level. they have a shot, especially if they make a move or two sometime soon.

i don't know i guess we'll just disagree..

Return to Milwaukee Bucks