ImageImage

OT:Congrats to H.O.F. P.Ewing & H. Olajuwon!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

OT:Congrats to H.O.F. P.Ewing & H. Olajuwon! 

Post#1 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Fri Sep 5, 2008 11:28 am

I think it would be remiss of us as NBA Basketball fans much less Milwaukee Bucks fans if we did not acknowledge the induction of two of the all time great NBA players in the history of the game...

There is one Patrick Ewing and Hakeem 'the Dream' Olajuwon, recently inducted into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield Mass.

Two big time NBA Centers NBA titans. There are few I enjoyed watching on both ends of the floor then Ewing and Hakeem, both in college and the NBA.

They were the second coming of Russell vs Chamberlain in many ways. You don't see matchups like this anymore, nor building blocks such as they were.

Blocked shots, rebounds, points, toughness, skill, and two very class NBA guys. I will look forward to reading some of your comments on these two...

Was there a sweeter move of agility then Hakeem's 'Dream Shake?' Great moniker for a move too. I love that...

And Patrick Ewing played as hard and tenacious as any Center in history outside or perhaps Moses Malone and Dave Cowens with no ring.

There are just a hand full of guys who I feel sorry that they did not ever win a ring and I thought they both deserved and earned it. Reggie Miller, Charles Barkley, and then there is Karl Malone and John Stockton are a few who immediately come to mind...

And then there is . . .is Patrick Ewing. When I look at all the other jokers who play or sit on benches and ride on the coattails to steall one like Gary Payton and a few others, it is a shame Patrick could not nail one down.

But even still, he and Hakeem had great careers and let me be one of many to say, kudos to two great Hall of Fame inductees today...The Hall just got a lot richer with those two entering in.

Oh, and former Bucks player Adrian Dantley was not a bad player either...props to him too.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Re: OT:Congrats to H.O.F. P.Ewing & H. Olajuwon! 

Post#2 » by emunney » Fri Sep 5, 2008 12:39 pm

The Dream Shake will never die, and Hakeem is one of my all-time favorites. He was like all the best attributes of David Robinson and Tim Duncan combined.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#3 » by Rockmaninoff » Fri Sep 5, 2008 2:11 pm

While I always appreciated Ewing, Olajuwon was greatness personified. I don't think there will ever be another big man like him. Duncan is close, but he doesn't have the same quickness. Maybe Bosh comes close eventually, but he'll have to really improve for that to happen. Amare doesn't have the the full package.

Here's a youtube clip of Olajuwon going through Ewing, Robinson, and O'Neal on the way to consecutive championships.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Todd_Day
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#4 » by Todd_Day » Fri Sep 5, 2008 2:18 pm

Man.....the Dream is a top-5 all-time center.

I always liked Ewing and his game (Gold Club too! always entertaining)

But (H)akeem is one of my all-time faves.

Unstoppable.
The Milwaukee Bucks. Still the only major Milwaukee team to get closest to a title since the mid 1980's.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#5 » by jerrod » Fri Sep 5, 2008 2:59 pm

i'm a huge olajuwon fan, he's easily my favorite center of all time.

it was painful watching him absolutely destroy my favorite team of all time in the finals
Dags
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Dags » Fri Sep 5, 2008 3:02 pm

It wasn't simply that Hakeem had an amazing offensive arsenal that makes me love his game, it was that he made it all look easy. I look at his clips and games and just wonder why so many big men struggle with post moves, or can't take the defender off the dribble. After all,when you watch him you just know that it's all obviously so simple.
Das ist nümberwang!
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#7 » by REDDzone » Fri Sep 5, 2008 3:55 pm

Was a Rockets fan growing up because of Hakeem.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#8 » by Rockmaninoff » Fri Sep 5, 2008 4:07 pm

jerrod wrote:i'm a huge olajuwon fan, he's easily my favorite center of all time.

it was painful watching him absolutely destroy my favorite team of all time in the finals

You mean this? Yeah, that Orlando team was pretty cool. I hate to say it, but I see the young Trailblazers following a similar arc.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,269

Post#9 » by rilamann » Fri Sep 5, 2008 8:24 pm

Todd_Day wrote:Man.....the Dream is a top-5 all-time center.

I always liked Ewing and his game (Gold Club too! always entertaining)

But (H)akeem is one of my all-time faves.

Unstoppable.

For that 2 year stretch ('94 & '95) Dream was on the same level as Jordan,unstoppable & unbeatable.

Both Ewing & Dream are two of my all time favorites and 2 guys I grew up watching.

I loved those Knick teams of the 90's,that was the one team that was not intimadted at all by Jordan's Bulls.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
dunhill
Junior

Post#10 » by dunhill » Sun Sep 7, 2008 12:58 am

A lot of people knock the Dream's two championships without Jordan around, but honestly I think they would've at least won one even if Jordan was around. The second championship team in particular was more than a match for the Bulls. Those two seasons from Hakeem were probably the most dominant I've seen from a centre ever. Offensively and defensively, most players can only do it on one end. He did it all in a halfcourt offense or a fast break offense. Demolishing David Robinson, Patrick Ewing, Shaq, Mourning either all entering their prime or right in the middle of it was spectacular. One of the greatest hustle plays I've ever seen was Hakeem chasing down Kevin Johnson and swatting his layup from behind. (Mind you the greatst facial I've ever seen was KJ going baseline and stuffing it right in Hakeem's face)
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,944

Post#11 » by Jez2983 » Sun Sep 7, 2008 3:17 am

Can you just imagine either of those 2 in the NBA today? Those were the times of some really fantastic centre/post players. I mean, there wasn't many who could stop or even slow them from scoring then in the days of increased defense, so in the more offense-minded NBA of today, and with the centres of today, those two would be putting up huge numbers.

Transcendent NBA talents. Nice thread, MMBOT.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter

Post#12 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Mon Sep 8, 2008 4:03 pm

MBBOT........all I wanna know is.............will Olajuwon go to The Hall a Raptor, and Ewing a Sonic?

and will Olajuwon admit to the asterisks next to his 2 titles because Jordan was gambling EEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....... playing baseball

and lastly, during his speech will Ewing say......."I made lot of money, but I spent a lot of money", and will he give props to the The Gold Club in the ATL?
by LUKE23 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am
I certainly wouldn't be dancing in the streets or bestowing a bunch of praise on Hammond though.
It's like taking three huge dumps on your kitchen floor, then cleaning up one of them.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#13 » by Nebula1 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:25 am

Olajuwon was simply the best.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks