ImageImage

Adrian Griffin

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

SaintofKillers
Assistant Coach
And1: 506

Adrian Griffin 

Post#1 » by SaintofKillers » Fri Sep 5, 2008 3:36 pm

Hey guys, Mavs fan here. I'd just like to say that I'll be rooting for the Bucks in the East because you have one of the best players to wear a Mav uniform in Griffin who BTW up to this day, still holds the "best SG since 2003 Finley" title.

If you give him at least 15 minutes he'll do quite a lot that an old, unathletic 6'5" swingman with zero offense has no business doing.
Cold Crush 24
Sixth Man
And1: 151

Re: Adrian Griffin 

Post#2 » by Cold Crush 24 » Fri Sep 5, 2008 3:43 pm

From what I've seen he's Desmond Mason minus the athleticism.
Finals in 2017
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#3 » by fam3381 » Fri Sep 5, 2008 4:38 pm

Cold Crush 24 wrote:From what I've seen he's Desmond Mason minus the athleticism.

So his primary skills are as an artist?
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man
And1: 46

Post#4 » by MetroDrugUnit » Fri Sep 5, 2008 5:05 pm

Cold Crush 24 wrote:From what I've seen he's Desmond Mason minus the athleticism.

So insted of Ally Op Dunks we get Ally Op Lay Ups with Griffin, Sweet. We should have signed the guy who beat LeBron at HORSE insted
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#5 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri Sep 5, 2008 5:20 pm

fam3381 wrote:

:lol:
smokinherb
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#6 » by smokinherb » Sat Sep 6, 2008 6:02 pm

seriously, is this guy ever gonna play? I see him putting up marcus fizer-esque minutes unless we get a serious injury.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#7 » by trwi7 » Sat Sep 6, 2008 7:41 pm

Sixth Man of the Year.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#8 » by old skool » Sat Sep 6, 2008 8:34 pm

Griffin is going to play some. sKiles will put him in to show that players who play the right way will get minutes, while players who have more ability but fail to use that ability the way the coach wants, will spend some time on the bench.

This is one of the reasons why sKiles fell out of favor with the players in Chicago. He could be ruthless with playing time. And very erratic with playing time. Players don't like that. A lot of fans don't like it either.

Adrian Griffin and Malik Allen and other veterans will all be given a chance to contribute. Even Danny G.

oLd sKool
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#9 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Sat Sep 6, 2008 9:57 pm

old skool wrote:Griffin is going to play some. sKiles will put him in to show that players who play the right way will get minutes, while players who have more ability but fail to use that ability the way the coach wants, will spend some time on the bench.

I think this will be true IF Griffin is even on the team once the regular season begins.

Because of his NG'd $1.711 mil salary, I would not expect him to be.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#10 » by eagle13 » Sun Sep 7, 2008 1:10 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
old skool wrote:Griffin is going to play some. sKiles will put him in to show that players who play the right way will get minutes, while players who have more ability but fail to use that ability the way the coach wants, will spend some time on the bench.

I think this will be true IF Griffin is even on the team once the regular season begins.

Because of his NG'd $1.711 mil salary, I would not expect him to be.

Unless they want to keep his contract as a expiring salary filler. Why dump him? He's cheap and decent role player. Cut him after deadlne.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#11 » by old skool » Sun Sep 7, 2008 9:45 pm

I keep forgetting that Griffin's contract is not guaranteed.

I think that Griffin is likely to be jettisoned if sKiles feels that neither Alexander or Mbah a Moute can back up Jefferson at SF. Redd and/or Bell could play some SF in a small ball lineup, but the Bucks will be in trouble when Redd or Jefferson miss the inevitable game(s) due to injury. The Bucks roster stands at 15 at this point. The issue is not that they Bucks will save a lot money by releasing Griffin - they won't. But they might find a more reliable upgrade at backup SF for about the same money. Griffin has his own injury limitations - his knees are shot.

oLd sKool
Radiohead311
Senior
And1: 0

Post#12 » by Radiohead311 » Mon Sep 8, 2008 1:31 am

fam3381 wrote:

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
SaintofKillers
Assistant Coach
And1: 506

Post#13 » by SaintofKillers » Mon Sep 8, 2008 1:37 pm

smokinherb wrote:seriously, is this guy ever gonna play? I see him putting up marcus fizer-esque minutes unless we get a serious injury.

Looking at your depth chart (and the coach), I would think so. I don't know how Griff's doing health-wise since signing with Chicago though so I might end up eating my words.

But last time he was in Dallas he was our best perimeter defender. His best asset being his ability to guard super strong swingmen like Artest and LeBron although we also use him to guard athletic guys like Marion and while he's not as good defending against Kobe or anyone with a lightning quick first step like when he was younger, he still does a decent job. He's also a great offensive rebounder and is good at cutting for layups. The downside is that he has no jump shot (or any kind of offense) and is below average physically - unathletic, short, proportional wingspan, etc.

Basically, he's your typical 90s-era hustle guy. Unspectacular but impacts the team largely.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks