TI: Win Now 3-Way Trade

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Re: TI: Win Now 3-Way Trade 

Post#21 » by eagle13 » Tue Sep 9, 2008 2:59 pm

Good trade but
IS Jax a reliable consistent outside shooter? Odom surely is not. b/c with Redd & CV gone we loose our last ones.
Hasn't Jax been sorta a head case w/ Pacers?
I'd love Odom - as a SF - but we got a better one. As a PF? OK but not excited bout it.

CV MIGHT be as good as Odom. So only IF Jax is excellent as 3 pt shooter do I consider this.
Rosco4
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Rosco4 » Tue Sep 9, 2008 3:23 pm

i'd do that in a heartbeat, though sessions isn't proven yet, having backup vet Tyrone Lue makes me pull this trigger in a flash, this improves our team drastically
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,237

Post#23 » by Sigra » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:39 pm

Warriors are not going to trade SJax for that package. They have him for great contract (great for Warriors) and he is their face right now. Maybe Jones (expiring) + our 1st round pick would do that.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,724

Post#24 » by emunney » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:46 pm

jerrod wrote:
nuttinbutta Big Dog party wrote:
LukePliska wrote:A win now trade that has a unproven player that has never won a game as a starter at PG?

That is an interesting concept that would no doubt fail.

Ya, sure. Just ask the celtics about how it worked for them with Rondo. :roll:

so you're saying that redd/jefferson/bogut = ray/pierce/garnett?

cause that's what it sounds like

No, he's implying that Rondo was an unproven player that had never won a game as a starter at PG... which is not true. Rondo was 7-18 as a starter before this past season.

The underlying point is pretty clearly that the other four players matter a great deal... also, it wouldn't be comparing Redd/Jefferson/Bogut to Ray/Pierce/Garnett, as Redd is getting moved in this deal.

Are you saying that neither Rondo nor Sessions would win a game with Jackson/Jefferson/Odom/Bogut? 'Cause that's what it sounds like.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,724

Post#25 » by emunney » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:01 pm

Rondo's winning % as a starter, by the way, was lower than the team's winning percentage on the season, yet team management entrusted him to start on a title contender (and eventual champion).

The specific scenario LP outlined is the one that's directly contradicted by the Rondo example. It doesn't have to extend any farther than that.

And no, I don't actually think it sounds like you were saying neither Rondo nor Sessions would win a game with that hypothetical Bucks lineup. I was just making the same disjointed leap you made.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter
And1: 0

Post#26 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:36 am

good trade for us considering Odom expires as well, GS gets hosed. If GS is out of it by the deadline I could then see them do a rebuild deal. With Mullin on the hotseat and Nellie coming back they will try to win first. I don't think they have a chance in the west.
by LUKE23 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am
I certainly wouldn't be dancing in the streets or bestowing a bunch of praise on Hammond though.
It's like taking three huge dumps on your kitchen floor, then cleaning up one of them.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,029

Post#27 » by midranger » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:17 am

This deal saves GS a total of 11-12 million over the next 2 years, and after voiding Monta, it opens room next year. They may be more interested if they could move Al for an expiring too. Enter Damon Jones.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,237

Post#28 » by Sigra » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:20 am

midranger wrote:This deal saves GS a total of 11-12 million over the next 2 years, and after voiding Monta, it opens room next year. They may be more interested if they could move Al for an expiring too. Enter Damon Jones.

Other teams also have expirings. I visit Cavs forums and I know that Cavs fans would be happy to trade some of their expirings + their first round pick for SJax. The only way we can beat that offer is if we give our pick and expiring.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks