ImageImage

Bucks working out Kevin Kruger

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Re: Bucks working out Kevin Kruger 

Post#21 » by Rockmaninoff » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:49 am

Thanks for the link and the stats, emunney.

I like his style. He is always seemingly looking for the big man who beats his opponent down the floor. Pushes the ball well, and seems to understand spacing and angles. Keeps his dribble alive. Good shooter. The snide comparison would be Dan Dickau, I guess. The poor man's Steve Nash may be a little more charitable. Hopefully, Damon Jones' replacement?
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#22 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:02 am

ChicagoMike wrote:I didn't see this posted yet. Interesting that we're bringing in yet another point guard, it this a sign that there may be another deal coming?

http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/sports ... out-bucks/
Forget this guy, BRING IN DARIUS WASHINGTON!!!

And yes,there should be another deal in the offing. I am telling u now, I had some concerns about the perimeter shooting and they shored that up a bit, but this team will not rebound effectively to do much of anything!

Especially on the offensive glass. Malik Allen is...well, ....Malik Allen. That is not enough. Bogut needs help or he will get hurt again and this team is done.

I do not like the interior defense and rebounding. I would see what it would take to bring in a guy like Kenyon Martin or Nene Hilario in exchange for Gadzuric and a filler or two and or conditional 1st round pick?

Reunite Jefferson and KMart. Or as Tim Thomas says, 'fugazy'....lol and ask him to help us out. Yes he has two years left on his deal but so does Dan Gadzuric who can help the Nuggets replace Camby in a way?

I don't know...but that is what I would look to do and take a risk.

I just got back from the trade checker to see who I could move to Denver for KMart but I wanted to add JR Smith as well but he has a restriction in his deal as does Charlie Bell and a few others I like on that squad.

The guy who can be a filler (C.Bell) cannot be moved until after Sept 17th...The Nuggest added Chris Anderson and Renaldo Balkman and still have Linas Kleiza so perhaps either K. Martin or Hilario can be had but they might like Nene as a replacement Center?

Perhaps the Bucks are waiting until then (Sept 17th) to consummate a deal and something will go down soon I am hoping...

We'll see. Perhaps a three way deal will need to be struck to make something work. Training camp starts in two weeks about and teams will try to get a deal done so a guy they move can start with their new team from day 1 of camp, so we might see a move here shortly...

We'll see...
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#23 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:58 am

FutureBuck2008 wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:It's reasonable to assume Damon Jones won't be on the Bucks roster come November.

When did Bogut become a "big inside scoring center" as FB2008 suggests?

I must have missed that when he averaged only 14 points last season.

I think its a reasonable notion that those are some head scratching moves your proposed....

You have to realize that Bogut's scoring numbers may not be considered high, but you can't always judge by the stats.......He also didn't get as many opportunities, because the Bucks HAD other scoring options......I do think that it's reasonable that the Bucks would trade Bogut, since Hammond comes from an organization that maybe prefers defensive type centers, and might get some pieces back.

:roll:
Bucks did not have 'other scoring options.' They had volume jump shooters who had to take shots BECAUSE HE WAS TOO PASSIVE AND TOO INCONSISTENT with a limited array of low post moves down low to create shots for himself!

Against some guys he simply did not want the rock! Samuel Delembert, Ben Wallace and a guy like Dwight Howard owns him.

When you are a lottery team the issue is not just with Redd and Mo if you are a #1 pick overall.

Fans here like to make excuses for Bogut....

He also did not command the ball or take advantage of too many matchups and mismatches he had.
Bogut camped a lot on the high post away from the basket either on his own or by design and there seemed to be few plays ran for him and he did not take that 10-15 foot jumper always availible to him with confidence.

Sometimes you create your own opportunities. [/i]To put that all off on Mo Williams who was not even healthy most of the time nor Redd, Bogut did not step up like a viable option when those players were down.

[i]One thing guards do not like nor do they have to put up with is, is a soft Center who refuses to get down low position quickly and assertively and command the ball and do something with it!
I wouldn't pass it to them either!

But, I agree [b]we MUST WORK THE BALL THROUGH [/b]Bogut half the time and To Bogut most of the time. He should touch the ball EVERY TIME DOWN THE FRICKING COURT!

Every time! If Redd jacks up a shot cherry picking on offense after not playing defense before Bogut or RJ gets the pill on a touch at least once per offensive set, YOU BENCH HIS ASS! It is that simple...

If Skiles did it to Ben Gordon then the same should apply here...
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#24 » by Neapolitan Buck » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:24 pm

Ok, I've got to say it, if we have to bring Kruger to training camp, we are in a nightmarish situation.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#25 » by emunney » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:15 pm

Uh, why? There are plenty of guys in every teams' training camps who don't make the team. We don't HAVE to bring him in. We just are.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
pasting_monkeys
Starter
And1: 1

Post#26 » by pasting_monkeys » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:03 am

emunney wrote:Uh, why? There are plenty of guys in every teams' training camps who don't make the team. We don't HAVE to bring him in. We just are.

Whoosh! Straight over your head.

Krueger... Nightmare....

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#27 » by emunney » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:40 am

Ahhh... if it was spelled the same, I would have gotten it. That's what I get for sucking.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks