ImageImage

TI: MIL/MIA/MEM

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

TI: MIL/MIA/MEM 

Post#1 » by raferfenix » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:30 pm

I'm combining a few rumors here and mixing it in with my long lasting dreams of seeing Marion in a Bucks uniform (especially now that he can run alongside Richard Jefferson).

Bucks trade: Michael Redd, Charlie Villanueva, Damon Jones
Bucks receive: Shawn Marion, Dacquan Cook, Marko Jaric, Memphis future protected first

Heat trade: Shawn Marion, Dacquan Cook
Heat receive: Darko Milicic, Kyle Lowry, Damon Jones

Grizzlies trade: Darko Milicic, Marko Jaric, Kyle Lowry, future protected first
Grizzlies receive: Michael Redd, Charlie Villanueva

Why for us:

It's definitely a risky trade as Marion could leave next offseason and we'd be stuck with Jaric. However, I think it'd directly follow our win now mentality, as a Jefferson/Marion/Bogut front line would launch us to the top of the eastern conference. We'd be among the best teams on the break, on D, and on the boards, and with that combination I'd hope we could convince Marion to stay. He would be the closest thing to being "the man" like he wants to here, but he butted heads with Skiles in phoenix and if they're worried about that relationship this trade becomes egregiously riskier for us. Getting Cook and the future first would mitigate this trade being horrible some if we lose Marion and are stuck with Jaric, granted it'd be only minor consolation. However, I'd also be hoping Jaric could become a useful role player (albeit overpaid) here again as our backcourt could really use the defense and passing he has provided in the past.

Why for the Heat:

Their lineup is in desperate need of both a center and a point guard, and Riley knows it. I'm hoping Marion is back on the block after seeing hte rumors he might be traded for Ben Gordon, and this deal would fill out their roster for this year while maintaining their cap room to go hard after Lebron year after next (thoguh their Boozer hopes would ahve to die).

Why for the Grizzlies:

The Randolph rumor shows that they are looking for scoring and to shake things up, and this deal woudl give htem a future Randolph kind of player in CV and a great stop gap scorer until OJ Mayo gets going in Redd. I'm assuming that if they were willing to take on Randolph, who'd be a terrible fit ofr them on the break, then they'd galdly take on a shooter who'd help their break and a big man to help them score in the post. The big question is if they are willing to do it considering htey also have to include a future first and Lowry, as it was the pick that seems to have ended the Randolph talks.
MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man
And1: 46

Re: TI: MIL/MIA/MEM 

Post#2 » by MetroDrugUnit » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:17 am

I'd do it but the Heat get robbed. These TI's are starting to make my head hurt
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#3 » by trwi7 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:20 am

MetroDrugUnit wrote:I'd do it but the Heat get robbed.

Not only that, but I'm pretty sure the Grizzlies would rather play Mayo than Redd.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man
And1: 46

Post#4 » by MetroDrugUnit » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:24 am

trwi7 wrote:

Not only that, but I'm pretty sure the Grizzlies would rather play Mayo than Redd.

You're right but I think a few teams would like to have Redd as a non-#1 scoring option, don't see the Grizz being one of them
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#5 » by WRau1 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:09 am

Isn't the package that CHI is rumored to be offering far superior than Darko/Lowry/Jones?
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#6 » by raferfenix » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:04 am

WRau1 wrote:Isn't the package that CHI is rumored to be offering far superior than Darko/Lowry/Jones?

That depends if whether or no the heat are looking to make a real run at Lebron. If they pick up Gordon at 10 mill a year (or more) that wn't happen, but this deal gives them that flexibility. Plus, I just don't see how Gordon is that good of a fit, and they would have had to take on Larry Hughes' contract to do the deal.

trwi7 wrote:

They'd be able to play them both, as Mayo is a combo guard and Conley certainly looked like he needs some more time last year.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks