Marbury the Cancer

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Marbury the Cancer 

Post#1 » by LUKE23 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:16 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

My good god this guy is such a pile of crap. His inflated sense of self is really pretty hilarious. The only reason he won't take a buyout: no other team in the league would touch him with a ten foot pole, and he knows it.

This guy had the talent to be one of better PG's ever if he knew how to channel it. But in reality, he will go down as one of the most selfish NBA players ever.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Re: Marbury the Cancer 

Post#2 » by jerrod » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:25 am

i saw that hug picture earlier

that's awesomely creepy
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#3 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:01 am

LUKE23 wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-knicks092908&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

My good god this guy is such a pile of crap. His inflated sense of self is really pretty hilarious. The only reason he won't take a buyout: no other team in the league would touch him with a ten foot pole, and he knows it.

This guy had the talent to be one of better PG's ever if he knew how to channel it. But in reality, he will go down as one of the most selfish NBA players ever

You are a crazy man...the only reason he won't take a buyout is BECAUSE HE DOESN'T WANT TO GIVE UP MONEY! Why should he?[/u]

You are probaly just being facetious, because I don't get this. There are plenty of teams who want Marbury and would jump at the shot at getting him, AND THE BUCKS SHOULD BE ONE OF THEM!

Life in any workplace is filled with personality challenges! Get over it....or get out of the business!

I wouldn't take the buyout either having to endure that crap in New York. I bet you would want to get your money's worth too if they they rode your back like they do his whether it is justified in part or not.

Stephon Marbury is a hell of a basketball player. That is the bottom line. I don't care how he is painted in the media or on the internet. I don't need to read a newspaper to know that. Has he won big, if at all lately? That is for you to decide...and more on the GM then it was on him.

Yes in his younger days he did kick himself when he acted like a baby in some regards and left the T'Wolves in a jealous rage over KG's contract.

He should have been a man and stayed there and won a ring by now...In fact, he was the #6 pick by the Milwaukee Bucks and he is exactly the kind of player we needed back then and Mike Dunleavy loved him. But he informed us he would not stay if we drafted him.

That is very unfortunate. There is no telling how good we could have been with him rather then Ray Allen, but by what he did in Minnesota we would have probaly made the playoffs which we did not do here with Allen, Baker and Big Dog until Cassell and Karl came along.

I am tired of everyone on Marbury's case. Playing in New York is tough for anyone. Especially if you are losing and they need a whippin boy and scapegoat. Ask the New York Mets now...and one Willie Randolph who lost his job too soon.

Marbury was a former Bucks' draft pick who did not stay long. Ten minutes in fact. But neither did Scott Skiles who was what one might say a volitile talent coming out of Michagan State as well...

I like Stephon Marbury's game. He is committed to winning and I wish the Bucks' had Ridnour backing him up right about now!
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,718

Post#4 » by emunney » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:10 am

Marbury's played on one winning team in the past 10 seasons, and they won 44 games and lost in the first round. So you're right in saying that he hasn't won big lately -- but it's not really for anybody to "decide."
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#5 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:20 am

It's not the media and people on the internet, it is he, himself, the one the only, Starbury who paints himself in a bad light.
I don't know if he is selfish when playing, or if he gets it on the floor, what I do know is he is crazy.
I mean like schitzophrenic insane.
Haldol on his days off prescribed crazy.
Crazy all the time. On the court, most likely, off the court most definitely.
I'm not talking mood swing bipolar crazy either.
You don't need to be a shrink to see that.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#6 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:30 am

jerrod wrote:i saw that hug picture earlier

that's awesomely creepy

:uhoh:
That had to be the most uncomfortable someome could look in a public picture without being able to see their face.
Berger probably went home and took a shower like that scene from the Crying Game.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#7 » by worthlessBucks » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:42 am

It's been said a million times, but we were indeed fortunate to score Ray.

Oh..and Andrew Lang owns you.
Go Bucks!
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#8 » by Rockmaninoff » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:14 pm

Anybody that wants to judge Stephon Marbury, should read the book 'The Last Shot' by Darcy Frey. I'll mail my extra copy to anybody who wants it.

Put Marbury in his prime on a team of defenders and rebounders, like Iverson had in Philadelphia, and you would have seen a winner. Even putting a great defensive guard next to him, like Duhon, would work at this point. I would blame the Knicks first, for putting the wrong personel around him. People like Eddy Curry, who is the real problem.

Stephon Marbury wrote: “From what I’ve seen, he allowed Steve Nash to dribble the ball for 22 seconds,” Marbury said. “He allows guys to shoot coming down on the break, one-on-three. For me, I like that style of basketball.”

Exactly right. Be defiant Steph. Don't let yourself be their victim.

Adrian Wojnarowski, wrote:At the end of his session, Marbury climbed to his feet and wrapped a creeped-out Berger in the most inappropriate Knicks hug since Isiah and Anucha. Marbury kept saying, “I’m going to pray for you,” in this strange, suffocating clench. And then, he left his teammates behind in the gym and walked toward a curtain patrician leaping into the air and pumping his fists to no one but himself. Once more, Marbury disappeared into his own world.

Awesome.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,718

Post#9 » by emunney » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:36 pm

I can't imagine reading a book is going to convince me that Stephon Marbury is a good player to have around. I don't want Iverson either.

"Eddy Curry is the real problem." Well, OK. I would say that a team like the Knicks has more than one problem.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Rockmaninoff
General Manager

Post#10 » by Rockmaninoff » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:44 pm

emunney wrote:I can't imagine reading a book is going to convince me that Stephon Marbury is a good player to have around. I don't want Iverson either.

I was talking about judging the person, not the player.

emunney wrote:"Eddy Curry is the real problem." Well, OK. I would say that a team like the Knicks has more than one problem.

They do. But, he is the biggest, so to speak.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

LUKE23
RealGM

Post#11 » by LUKE23 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:31 pm

Every single team that Marbury left got better after his departure. I don't need to read any book that rationalizes him being a winner in a different situation. The ENTIRE CAREER sample size speaks for itself. The guy is a me-first, selfish, overrated player, end of story.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#12 » by eagle13 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:41 pm

Marbury as a team player sucks sucks sucks. He is worthless. He is a cancer. He is a loser. Almost all of his teams were losers. But being such a great player and leader that elevates other players - the loosing was not his fault of course.

Knix are perfect team for Marbury. Isiah was perfect coach for Steph.

Ray Allen won a championship w/ KG. Marbury?

Yeah several teams would take a shot w/ Marbury. Big deal? What does that prove? Benoit Benjamin played for 10 yrs. Usually on a different team each of his last 4-5 yrs.

Yeah put the perfect personnel around him and maybe he'll win. Put perfect personnel around most players and they will win. Marbury can not make anyone else better. He sucks as a team player.

He is everything that is wrong with the NBA.
jerrod
RealGM
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#13 » by jerrod » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:52 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:Put Marbury in his prime on a team of defenders and rebounders, like Iverson had in Philadelphia, and you would have seen a winner.

ah, so all you have to do make this point guard effective is build the entire team so he takes the bulk of the shots and can be bailed out on defense? oh yeah, he rocks :roll:

i also don't think that even at his peak, marbury is anywhere near iverson and it took great coaching, the 6th man of the year and the defensive player of the year to get iverson to the finals once.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#14 » by LUKE23 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:54 pm

The difference is that Iverson was always seen as a pretty good teammate, and a guy that would play through injuries and sacrifice his body on the court. Yes, he had some issues with "we're talkin' bout practice" and a few minor incidents with the law, but no one has EVER questioned Iverson's heart or his drive to win games. People have questioned that with Marbury consistently, and for good reason.

Iverson was also a more talented player, pretty easily.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager

Post#15 » by Rockmaninoff » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:58 pm

jerrod wrote:
Rockmaninoff wrote:Put Marbury in his prime on a team of defenders and rebounders, like Iverson had in Philadelphia, and you would have seen a winner.

ah, so all you have to do make this point guard effective is build the entire team so he takes the bulk of the shots and can be bailed out on defense? oh yeah, he rocks :roll:

Kind of like Mo Williams? Unless he's playing with a superstar player, of course.

But yes, let the judging continue. Who am I to interupt the hate fest?

jerrod
RealGM

Post#16 » by jerrod » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:02 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:
jerrod wrote:

Kind of like Mo Williams? Unless he's playing with a superstar player, of course.

that's your argument? show me someone suggesting that a team should build around mo and 4 defenders/rebounders to be succesful.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#17 » by LUKE23 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:03 pm

No one has ever considered Mo Williams a star player, so I'm failing to see where this comparison is going. Plenty of people were calling "Starbury" that early in his career, even though everything else points to that not being the case.

Every team he's left has improved. The Knicks want him gone so bad that D'Antoni is begging Dolan to buy him out.

Minny got better after he got traded.
Jersey got better after he got traded.
Phoenix got better after he got traded.
Knicks have been arguably the worst franchise in the NBA since he arrived there.

The guy is a BUM.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager

Post#18 » by Rockmaninoff » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:33 pm

LUKE23 wrote:No one has ever considered Mo Williams a star player.

It seems to me that the Bucks organization did last season, if you were to go off the way he was promoted. Of course, Marbury is more talented, but the have comparable styles.

LUKE23 wrote:
Minny got better after he got traded. After Kevin Garnett improved substantially - still went 45-37 with Marbury

Jersey got better after he got traded. I agree with that. He was a really bad fit on that team

Phoenix got better after he got traded. After Amare Stoudimire and Joe Johnson improved substantially - still went 44-38 with Marbury

Knicks have been arguably the worst franchise in the NBA since he arrived there. Isiah Thomas - General Manager

Again, you are all free to judge and hate whoever you want, I just don't agree with the vilification and I don't enjoy media witch hunts. Carry on.

LUKE23
RealGM

Post#19 » by LUKE23 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:37 pm

It's not a media "witch hunt". It's correctly tabbing a cancerous player. A witch hunt is going to full effort to find fault where there is none, this is a case where there is a ton of fault.

As far as "players improving substantially", you don't think that the fact they improved after Marbury left is coincidence do you? It's not.

The article says it, he's selfish and he brings a locker room down. None of the players or coaches want him in New York. There is a reason for that, believe it or not.
jerrod
RealGM

Post#20 » by jerrod » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:42 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote: [
It seems to me that the Bucks organization did last season, if you were to go off the way he was promoted. Of course, Marbury is more talented, but the have comparable styles.

what are you talking about?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks