ImageImage

Bucks - Wolves Game Thread 10-6-2008 (Tip-off at 7pm)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Re: Bucks - Wolves Game Thread 10-6-2008 (Tip-off at 7pm) 

Post#321 » by WEFFPIM » Tue Oct 7, 2008 5:50 am

That Kohl encounter is pretty epic. nowak

It really is

Epic
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
mbucks22
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#322 » by mbucks22 » Tue Oct 7, 2008 5:58 am

midranger wrote:Wait are you guys being negative? Just don't post then. There's just too much to be optimistic about.

The fact that you are taking the first preseason game so seriously is hilarious. RJ played just 7 minutes, Redd just 18 and Bogut didn't even play. But by all means, take this first preseason game that no one really cares about as if it were game one of the NBA Finals.

Lions went 4-0 in the preseason, we all know where they sit now. Preseason doesn't mean squat.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#323 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Oct 7, 2008 6:26 am

Balls2TheWalls wrote:Yeah, we are missing possibly our top 2 at PG, our starting C, our backup SF, and our backup SG. I think that it will be difficult to take much positive when our 3rd stringers are playing their rotational players.
More excuses...I am sick of it! They would not have done any better had they been here!
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User

Post#324 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Oct 7, 2008 6:33 am

BDUB_30 wrote:
midranger wrote:41 point loss at home to an awful team in the first game of a new regime trying to prove they've changed.

Anyone being negative is obviously an idiot.

anyone unwilling to look at the factors objectivly , well yes youre right ..is an idiot ..

the factors ?>

new coach , 8 new players , key injurys ...what have they been together for a week yet ?

gie bucks talented enough to compete with 2 starters out of the lineup ? i think not ..wheres the objectivity ?

Id be willing to bet if the bucks were healthy , and the twovles had two starters out ...and the bucks blew the wolves out ..youd run in here and point out " ITS JUST A PREASON GAME AND THE WOLVES WERE WITHOUT TWO STARTERS " to ANYONE excited about the win ..id bet money on it you would .. and you know u would , dont lie.

GIVE ME A BREAK man!!

This is not the first time a new regime has come in here and played a home game in their first game or a new regime, and all of them have done better then this crap!

Stop with your excuses. Am I and some others the only objective fans in here!? Being a fan does not mean you have to wear blinders on.

This is not the first time the Bucks had a new coach and 3-4 starters out and they still came and got down to business and competed better then this!

NONE OF THOSE TEAMS LOST BY 44 PTS at home new system included! Quit making excuses. Skiles system can't be that damn complicated.

..............NOT ONE of those teams of Porter's, Stotts, or Larry K's LOST AT HOME BY 44 PTSin their first exhibition game of their regimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First game or not!

Why now!?
Wake up!
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User

Post#325 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Oct 7, 2008 6:46 am

paulpressey25 wrote:I've got some decent photos but am having trouble with imageshack. I'll upload them tomorrow night. Things like Gadz's new "Caesar" haircut.

I'd guess there were about 7,000 people there. Tons of empty seats. Was pretty much a glorified scrimmage. Thoughts:

a) It was clear why we were able to sign Malik Allen and Elson so cheap. They really suck. Elson has completely lost those hops he had 4-5 years ago with Denver.

b) CV is the same CV. He played a bit better tonight but still had mental lapses.

c) The chasm between pick #5 (Love) and pick #8 (Alexander) will be massive. Love is a good player.

d) Prince M'Boute is a scrapper, but he too really sucks. Then again, he'll probably contribute as much as Corey Brewer does for the Wolves (he also sucks)

e) Richard Jefferson will be the team's best player. I sense Max has lost a step.

Overall it was a very troubling night. No talent on the court, no intensity either.
That is what I tried to tell you last night....all the above.
bogutsdad
Senior
And1: 0

Post#326 » by bogutsdad » Tue Oct 7, 2008 10:02 am

WEFFPIM wrote:That Kohl encounter is pretty epic. nowak

It really is

Epic

:rofl: weffpim you know why I'm laughing!!!
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#327 » by Rockmaninoff » Tue Oct 7, 2008 12:20 pm

Well, that sucks.

For what it's worth, the core players of that Minnesota team have been working out together, at the Target Center, for about a month and a half. Clearly, they were more prepared and comfortable with each other.

I like this 'Sota team. They have three swingmen (Miller, Foye, McCants) who each shot above 40% from the three point line, last season. Al Jefferson is a great scoring big, with nice post moves. I told everybody here that we should have went after Mayo and Love, so I've covered that. Then, they have a lot of good, young role players. They've had our number lately.

Too bad Ramon struggled, but it's nice to see that LRMAM had a nice game. Sessions and MAM might be my favorite guys on the team.

I'll wait to see how the next game goes, before I start complaining.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#328 » by BuckFan25226 » Tue Oct 7, 2008 12:40 pm

Wow, people already bitching after one meaningless preseason game? In which the majority of the minutes were spread out between CV, Elson, Sessions, Gadz, Adrian Griffin, Kevin Kruger, yes, Kevin Kruger(Telfair made him look stupid), LRMAM, Matt freakin' Freije, TJ Cummings, and Ron Howard?

Half of those guys won't even be on the team. We got blown out by a team who spread out minutes among their regular rotation. While we played guys who won't be here in a week or 2.

My prediction - They kept Bogut and Ridnour, Bell, Lue and JA out and allowed some of the scrubs to get their chance before we head to China. Well, nobody impressed. Redd and Jefferson played a combined 27 minutes going 2-9. The D-Leaguers we played were busted up by actual NBA players, and this is a surprise to some of you?
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Post#329 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Oct 7, 2008 1:12 pm

BuckFan25226 wrote:The D-Leaguers we played were busted up by actual NBA players, and this is a surprise to some of you?

I think the glass half empty part comes from the fact that our PF rotation that will play on opening night (CV, Allen, Elson) was horrible. Sessions looked bad and we need him to develop as well. Max looked a step slow. And as bad as Elson looked, he was better than Gadz, who is still hanging around collecting his remaining $20 million.

I agree that we played a ton of scrubs like Cummings, Howard, Kruger, etc, but the presumably better players looked awful as well. I was waiting for some guy to bust out for an 18-20 point night.

Mo Williams probably would have been "injured" and not played, but I'll admit I missed his ability to at least look good in a blowout, if that makes sense.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,003

Post#330 » by midranger » Tue Oct 7, 2008 1:23 pm

No, the glass half empty part comes from seeing the same crap as always.

We allowed a ton of points on a very high percentage from everywhere on the court. We got outrebounded badly. Meanwhile, we were still offensively inept and our new "pass first" PG still shot twice as much as he assisted and had a horrible A/TO ratio. Our star allowed Rashard McCants to drop 10 points on him in about 45 seconds. The vet role players that were key FA signings were beyond dreadful. It just looked like a repeat of the same crap from the previous 6 years.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#331 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Tue Oct 7, 2008 1:25 pm

Our two "allstars" suited up. There is no excuse for letting a bad team shoot 60% on us.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#332 » by REDDzone » Tue Oct 7, 2008 1:47 pm

adamcz wrote:Our two "allstars" suited up. There is no excuse for letting a bad team shoot 60% on us.

I agree, no excuse, this loss was devastating to our season.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#333 » by BobbyLight » Tue Oct 7, 2008 1:48 pm

Great to see this forum at midseason form proclaiming the season lost after one game. Forgive me if a game where these players played these amount of minutes:

Kevin Kreuger - 13min
Luc Richard - 26min
Matt Freije - 21min
TJ Cummings - 17min
And that dude from Mayberry - 9min

doesn't mean much to me. Also, 2 starters out and three rotation bench players out. Somehow I just don't think this game means anything.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#334 » by msiris » Tue Oct 7, 2008 2:11 pm

All this game really proved is that we have no bench. Come on now. Did anyone really think that Elson and Allen would bring anything to this team? 45 wins my butt. :lol:
Ride the tank
Merwin
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#335 » by Merwin » Tue Oct 7, 2008 2:11 pm

I think the glass half empty part comes from the fact that our PF rotation that will play on opening night (CV, Allen, Elson) was horrible.

Didn't we all already know this? This can't be a new revelation to anyone. PF isn't going to be pretty.

I've lurked around here long enough to know what I was going to get when I clicked on this thread but WOW you guys have really outdone yourself for the first preseason game.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#336 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Tue Oct 7, 2008 2:14 pm

REDDzone wrote:
adamcz wrote:Our two "allstars" suited up. There is no excuse for letting a bad team shoot 60% on us.

Why are you here? If you think it's silly to draw any conclusions from the game, you shouldn't be in a game thread discussing it. How about as a new policy for the 2008-09 season, we limit participation in game threads to only those individuals who think the thing is worth discussing.
vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#337 » by vlietinho » Tue Oct 7, 2008 2:14 pm

Merwin wrote:
I've lurked around here long enough to know what I was going to get when I clicked on this thread but WOW you guys have really outdone yourself for the first preseason game.

+1
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,234

Post#338 » by Sigra » Tue Oct 7, 2008 2:15 pm

steger_3434 wrote:Just because I predict epic failure with no future in sight for this team while others like Sigra see 50 wins just means we see things different.

Where did I say 50 wins? I guarantied playoffs (If Redd, RJ and Bogut are healthy) and I predicted 42 wins. Never 50
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#339 » by REDDzone » Tue Oct 7, 2008 2:24 pm

adamcz wrote:
REDDzone wrote:

Why are you here? If you think it's silly to draw any conclusions from the game, you shouldn't be in a game thread discussing it. How about as a new policy for the 2008-09 season, we limit participation in game threads to only those individuals who think the thing is worth discussing.

I never said the game was not worth discussing. I do think it is worth discussing for individual player performance, injuries, and to get a look at the several players we haven't seen before; with that said, I'm not going to get upset and make fatalistic statements when guys that aren't even going to make the team get destroyed in the very first pre-season game.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#340 » by msiris » Tue Oct 7, 2008 2:35 pm

Clearly this game just proved that we have no depth. If any of our so called little big three get hurt your looking at 20-25 wins.
Ride the tank

Return to Milwaukee Bucks