ImageImage

ramon under the radar

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BDUB_30
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: ramon under the radar 

Post#21 » by BDUB_30 » Tue Oct 7, 2008 4:19 am

DrugBust wrote:The problem I have with this year's team is that the talent on the team in key positions is mostly maxed out. Redd and RJ aren't getting any better, and they're without a doubt our best players. In terms of the future, is there are worse 1a and 1b in the league? This team's ceiling is .500 and that's if they're very lucky. At least a team like OK City can point to Durant, Green and Westbrook and see that better days are ahead. What are the Bucks looking forward to? Bogut turning into Duncan? Sessions becoming Magic Johnson?

I think most teams want to either have one of two things, either core that can contend right now or a young group of talent that can win games in a few years. The Bucks have neither. They're right in the middle, just like they've been for the last half-dozen seasons.

They got the right kind of personnel man, hired the right kind of coach, brought in the right kind of players and got rid of the wrong kind. Lets see if this leads to wins or if that's all complete bull. My money is on the latter.

The problem you have here is only due to your lack of vision . Is it possible that you simply could be wrong in your assesment that our younger talent will never grow into something better ? I mean are you even willing to acknowledge that maybe youre not exactaly right about the upsides of Bogut , sessions , alexander ...and even ridnour / amoute ?

Even redd to a lesser extent , its not unheard of for a player in the prime of his carrer to make adjustments to his game and become a far better / more efficent player . I hated Ray Allen when he was a buck , i thought his shot selection was terrible and his defense . He transformed his game a bit in seattle and with the celtics completly bought into team concepts . Its 100% possible that Redd could make some adjustments to his game , pass a bit more and play some defense and suddely our team is improved conciderably . It happens quite often , players do change . Especially under new coaches . We saw our big 3 change .

Point being is you have these ideas about who our players are , and these ideas are extremely rigid and simply not realistic at all . This entire roster has room to grow . No one is predisposed to not improving their game at all due to any factor . You claim age is a hinderance to growth , when in all truth , its precisley the exact opposite . The maturity that comes with age transforms itself onto the basketball court and you see it time and time again with nba players . Thinkgs like patience , poise , awarness , confidence , all come with age naturaly . Redd hasnt shown any of these traits , as he gets older its bound to come out of him more and more as he matures .
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,047

Post#22 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Oct 7, 2008 4:32 am

DrugBust wrote:I think most teams want to either have one of two things, either core that can contend right now or a young group of talent that can win games in a few years. The Bucks have neither. .

That's been Herb Kohl's MO with this team for 20-years. He wants to be over .500 and at the same time acquire and develop young players. You can't do both.

The good news is that we're finally at a crossroads. This current team has to do something here the first three months of the season. If I'm Hammond and it doesn't, I'm jettisoning salary and going for high draft picks in a complete rebuild.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#23 » by midranger » Tue Oct 7, 2008 4:42 am

I doubt it PP. We were at a crossroads last summer. We chose the confusing Path C for the 10th straight year. Who are you jettisoning these guys to? No one wanted Redd for anything this summer. I doubt another 3 months of losing would change that. Jefferson drew the poo poo platter of Yi and Simmons. Our return would be (somehow) worse if things go wrong here. And don't forget the long term Gadz and Bell deals. They will be impossible to move.

The thing to do was hit the red button last summer.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#24 » by trwi7 » Tue Oct 7, 2008 4:50 am

paulpressey25 wrote:The good news is that we're finally at a crossroads. This current team has to do something here the first three months of the season. If I'm Hammond and it doesn't, I'm jettisoning salary and going for high draft picks in a complete rebuild.

The problem is will Hammond blow the team up at the trade deadline if they're losing? I'm skeptical.

And if he does want to blow the team up will Kohl allow him to? Once again, I'm skeptical.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#25 » by old skool » Tue Oct 7, 2008 10:10 pm

I have a different take on why the Bucks added Jefferson to the Redd/Bogut mix. I think that Hammond wants to increase Redd's value to trade him. Show the NBA that Redd can fill it up. Then trade both Redd and Jefferson for some good young assets. I think that the strategy is to build a decent team that will showcase a couple of veteran talents.

Next summer, a player like Redd might be in demand. Teams will have acquired their free agent all-stars. They will look for a final piece. A player like Redd, really could be the difference as a #3 scorer on a contender.

It would be ironic if the addition of Luke Ridnour results in even MORE shots for #22.

oLd sKool

Return to Milwaukee Bucks