ImageImage

TI - Clips Heat

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

TI - Clips Heat 

Post#1 » by eagle13 » Wed Oct 8, 2008 9:03 pm

I think everyone sees there is no overnight fix for this team. This trade is part of 2 year plan.

SO This trade is NOT to win now but to START rebuild next year to add to Bogut Sessions JA M2.
It also furthers the new culture we want by moving our 2 loafers – Redd & CV and dumps our worst contract = Gadz.

BUCKS
GIVE Redd CV Gadz
GET Marion Mobley

CLIPS
GIVE Camby Mobley 2nd
GET Redd CV

HEAT
GIVE Marion
GET Camby Gadz 2nd

Bogut / Elson
Marion / JA / Allen
RJ / JA / M2 / Griffin
Bell / Mobley / Griffin / Jones?
Rid / Sess / Lue

THEN
We try to trade Marion's to contender for young talent or a pick b4 deadline – otherwise cap space.
We try to trade RJ at deadline to contender for young talent OR next offseason for high pick?
Both those potential trades are realistic.

we end up with youth in either young vets or picks and cap space.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Re: TI - Clips Heat 

Post#2 » by LUKE23 » Wed Oct 8, 2008 9:05 pm

The Clippers really have no use for a scoring guard in Redd, while giving up a very good defensive player in Camby. Gordon is their SG moving forward.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Re: TI - Clips Heat 

Post#3 » by raferfenix » Wed Oct 8, 2008 10:07 pm

I would do this trade in a second, even without Mobley and without us giving up gadzuric...then again, I'm a huge Marion optimist in terms of how he'd fit with Jefferson and Bogut and think we'd be able to retain him too.

However, I dont' think that the paper clips would have enough use for Redd to close this deal. Mobely is solid at SG and Gordon is the future there, and he should be a real good fit with Baron Davis. Plus, their defense goes down in a horrid way after they swap out Camby for CV at PF. Worst part for the prospects of this deal though---I just don't see any team being willing to even contemplate playing Tim Thomas and Charlie Villanueva at the same time.

And none of that even mentions the money Redd is owed. If either us to the Heat would take back Timmy T it might be closer, but even then i can see the clippers preferring that they get Marion.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks