Around the NBA (preseason edition)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Mike X
Starter
And1: 13

Re: Around the NBA (preseason edition) 

Post#61 » by Mike X » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:36 am

Brook Lopez has been playing well.

I have it on good authority Bogut issued us an ultimatum in regards to drafting him i.e. If you draft another center, Im gone.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#62 » by midranger » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:40 am

Mike X wrote:Brook Lopez has been playing well.

I have it on good authority Bogut issued us an ultimatum in regards to drafting him i.e. If you draft another center, Im gone.

Are you being serious?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Mike X
Starter

Post#63 » by Mike X » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:26 am

Wha......you mean your pure speculaton wasnt "PURE SPECULATION" but was just pure speculation.

YOU HEAR THAT PEOPLE MIDRANGER WAS JUST PISSING IN THE WIND. BOGUT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR B-LO NOT BEING HERE. I REPEAT, BOGUT WAS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR B-LO NOT BEING HERE!
midranger
RealGM

Post#64 » by midranger » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:19 am

What an odd post.

Anyway, reminder to all, supposed "inside" info on this board should be taken with a large grain of salt, and that's after you determine if the the poster is being sarcastic (as I attempted to do) or just plain insane (as Mike X proved to be).
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#65 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:30 pm

So does that little tidbit go in my insider compendium or not?
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#66 » by jerrod » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:11 pm

Mike X wrote:Wha......you mean your pure speculaton wasnt "PURE SPECULATION" but was just pure speculation.

YOU HEAR THAT PEOPLE MIDRANGER WAS JUST PISSING IN THE WIND. BOGUT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR B-LO NOT BEING HERE. I REPEAT, BOGUT WAS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR B-LO NOT BEING HERE!

so you're saying that you know for a fact that bogut didn't say anything like that?
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#67 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:49 pm

midranger wrote:The Brook Lopez thing might get ugly if this continues and/or Bogut (God forbid) gets hurt.

Having too many talented, young centers is a problem that most teams would be glad to have.

Pure speculation: Could it have been that Bogut stipulated he'd make re-signing an issue if we drafted a big? He did force out Magloire his rookie year with similar antics. Again, PURE speculation.

I too would have just as soon have drafted Brook Lopez and then just not bothered to sign Elson. Even if it was just to be a 13mpg player behind Bogut, as well as coverage in any games Bogut had to miss due to injury. Both situations are still very significant. And it isn't like spending the 8th pick in what was considered one of the weakest, if not THE weakest drafts in the last 15 years would have been overspending to fill that kind of need.

As for Bogut not wanting us to draft Brook Lopez, that is not the case. Or rather, he never made it known to anyone that it was, if it was.

That also isn't what happened with the Magloire situation. The only Bogut "antics" that came into play as far as Magloire being shipped out was in regards to Bogut not getting along too well Stotts. Magloire was a negative influence on Bogut when it came to potentially improving that relationship with Stotts. It was decided that either Magloire or Stotts had to go, and Kohl and his committee chose to give a vote of confidence in Stotts, in that case.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#68 » by Joana » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:46 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Meanwhile the team Lopez faced (Philly) won big while Speights had 18/7/2 blocks for the Sixers. I remember J-Rock really wanted us to draft that guy.

Having watched Speights, J-Rock's position had its merits. He looks a little bit soft, but in Florida they don't use post up moves, so there's a good chance he can be coached, assuming he has the desire and toughness to play physically. Very fluid, soft hands, solid fundamentals. Pre-season though, but I'm curious about his evolution.
midranger
RealGM

Post#69 » by midranger » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:51 pm

GAD, we both know that after his rookie season, Bogut openly questioned being used as a PF and requested to be moved to the center position the following year. Shortly thereafter, Larry Harris gave that interview stating that they'd meet Bogut's request.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,019

Post#70 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:51 pm

Speights was high on my list, though I never seriously thought the Bucks would take him. That would have made too much sense.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#71 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:56 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:I too would have just as soon have drafted Brook Lopez and then just not bothered to sign Elson.

:thumbsup:

As we've discussed, I think Joe Alexander will be a classic case of "hard worker" versus "raw talent" (and talent factors in things like height, etc)

I'm sure Skiles didn't want to deal with prima donna draft picks who he would have to baby and ego manage to get them to learn the NBA. With JA coming in and telling Hammond and Skiles that he'd run into brick walls should they ask, it had to be a refreshing change and very intoxicating to hear.

But we also had Kohl and company get sold by Bogut coming in with a suit and resume while Chris Paul was kicking Julius Hodge in the nuts. So we will see where this goes.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#72 » by LUKE23 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:14 pm

It's going to be good times on this forum when Alexander ends up a better player than Lopez.
Mike X
Starter

Post#73 » by Mike X » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:23 pm

jerrod wrote:
Mike X wrote:Wha......you mean your pure speculaton wasnt "PURE SPECULATION" but was just pure speculation.

so you're saying that you know for a fact that bogut didn't say anything like that?

I know sweet fa.

Just poking some fun at Midrangers "pure speculation" post and his. You just know if things arent going good 6 months from now, that his speculation will become fact to some posters
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,448

Post#74 » by steger_3434 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:17 am

Potsie sucked it up. Meanwhile in 8 minutes Bayless has 10 points and 3 assists.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#75 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:34 am

steger_3434 wrote:Potsie sucked it up. Meanwhile in 8 minutes Bayless has 10 points and 3 assists.

It's painful most nights here to realize we may have just drafted a Gadzuric "mini-me" in the form of Alexander.

jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#76 » by jerrod » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 am

ha! potsie wishes his J looked as good as gadz'

i'll be off this kick by tomorrow, i promise
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#77 » by trwi7 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:40 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:Potsie sucked it up. Meanwhile in 8 minutes Bayless has 10 points and 3 assists.

It's painful most nights here to realize we may have just drafted a Gadzuric "mini-me" in the form of Alexander.

Gadzuric: 26:58, 14 points (5-10 FG), 11 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 turnover, 1 block, 3 fouls

Potsie: 20:32, 3 points (1-8 FG), 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 turnovers, 1 block, 5 fouls
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#78 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:44 am

There was a lot of spazzing going on with JA tonight. The hard part to know is whether he'll gain control over his body and slow the game down or if he'll always have that fast twitch thing going like Gadz does.

I am glad Skiles is playing him good minutes this preseason. He needs the court time and we need to see what he's got.

steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,448

Post#79 » by steger_3434 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:46 am

Watching other rookies this year drafted after JA really hurts. Other rookies have had bad games, but they've also had a few really good games. Instead we're stuck here acknowledging that JA hustled a lot.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
midranger
RealGM

Post#80 » by midranger » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:50 am

I just realized who Adam Morrison most plays like at the NBA level...

...me.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks