ImageImage

a couple trade ideas

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Alice
Junior
And1: 0

a couple trade ideas 

Post#1 » by Alice » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:00 am

i know i hate'em to but cant resist. i promise no more til feb. ok here we go.

trade one

bucks trade redd

suns trade diaw
bell
tucker
suns running out of time need to do it now cause shaq and nash are close to done. bucks get a good power forward where they are thin at. bell is adequate and bring tucker home as a potenial throw in guy.

trade two

Bucks trade redd

Portland trades LaFrentz and Aldridge

bucks get their pf of the future and Lafrentz come off the books next year. why does porland make the trade? i dont know other than they think it gets them into the playoffs this year and on TV more. they also have a long jam of big men
welcome to my nightmare
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,367

Re: a couple trade ideas 

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:06 am

We get screwed in the Suns trade. Portland gets screwed even worse than they do in the second trade. No way they trade Aldridge for Max.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,994

Post#3 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:21 am

It will be interesting to see the Max trade ideas here this year if he doesn't get off to a good start. I don't think Cleveland is an option anymore given they took on Mo already and Dan Rosenbaum works for the Cavs.

Maybe there is something involving Bargnani, Kapono and some other bad Raptors contract.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#4 » by bayrdbandit » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:41 pm

Alice wrote:trade two

Bucks trade redd

Portland trades LaFrentz and Aldridge

bucks get their pf of the future and Lafrentz come off the books next year. why does porland make the trade? i dont know other than they think it gets them into the playoffs this year and on TV more. they also have a long jam of big men

i'm thinking portland don't alter their roster for three years and see how these boys grow up together. none of those guys are going anywhere.

but if the offer was on the table i'd take it.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#5 » by Wise1 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:17 pm

Yeah, Aldridge isn't going anywhere and I don't like the Suns proposal. I'm resigned to keeping Redd since we won't get equal value for him due to the size of his contract. Keeping Redd isn't a bad idea since his deal, along with Jefferson's and Gadzuric's, all expire during the same offseason. I think this team can compete for playoff spots and perhaps win a series by drafting well and keeping the current group together until the offseason of 2011.
bucksbrewerspackersfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#6 » by bucksbrewerspackersfan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:25 pm

The problem with Redd as well all well know is his contract. We won't get a quality player in return for Redd are best interest is to keep him for this season unless the right deal comes along in that case by all means make the trade but if Skiles is having the man love for Redd then I don't see him being moved.
Alice
Junior

Post#7 » by Alice » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:11 pm

Wise1 wrote:Yeah, Aldridge isn't going anywhere and I don't like the Suns proposal. I'm resigned to keeping Redd since we won't get equal value for him due to the size of his contract. Keeping Redd isn't a bad idea since his deal, along with Jefferson's and Gadzuric's, all expire during the same offseason. I think this team can compete for playoff spots and perhaps win a series by drafting well and keeping the current group together until the offseason of 2011.

wait wait wait wait wait all i do is wait on the bucks to be better. i guess i will wait another 3 years uh boy. then we will finally have a team and bogut will blow a knee out and we will wait another year and half. wait wait wait.
welcome to my nightmare
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#8 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:13 pm

Step 1: Mavs get off to a very slow start. Kidd is washed up, Howard is an idiot, and Dirk is already 30.

Step 2: Cuban decides to clean up the books in order to make a run at Lebron in 2010. He notices that Dirk doesn't expire until the year after that, same as Redd & Jefferson. He also notices that the Bucks have plenty of contracts that expire this year, some decent young players, and a few draft picks ready to trade away.

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Dirk Nowitski gets traded for Villanueva, Alexander, Sessions, Jones, Lue, Griffen, and a 1st.

Step 5: Ridnour/Redd/Jefferson/Nowitski/Bogut = 55 wins x 3 years

Step 6: All three Redd/Jefferson/Nowitski expire at the same time in 2011. If Kohl wants to sell the team, he's got the perfect chance to do so with basically only Bogut under contract.

Step 7: World peace.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#9 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:36 pm

Chad Ford wrote about Darko Millicic being available the other day. I know some advocated going after Darko when he was a free agent a couple years ago and some were opposed to the idea. . If our frontcourt can't hack it after a couple of months or falls apart due to injury I wouldn't mind exploring the idea. At this point it's obvious he's never going to be KG, but he could be a valuable backup big who provides shot blocking and good help defense in the post. Hammond has to have a pretty good feel for Darko one way or another. Darko's contract only runs through the 09-10 season.

Damon Jones and Adrian Griffin would get it done from a financial standpoint.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#10 » by bigkurty » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:41 pm

Step 8: sign me up

oh I would do the Suns trade too btw even if others dont. Seriously Raja Bell would be a great fit on this team with his D and ability to hit 3's. He would be a super roll player for us. Also I think Alando is going to become a damn good player too. Diaw is overpaid sure but he is at least a serviceable player. Having a guy like him who is overpaid somewhat is not that big of a deal. Having a scrub like Gadz who you don't even want in the game however be overpaid is what really kills a team
Alice
Junior

Post#11 » by Alice » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:21 pm

adamcz wrote:Step 1: Mavs get off to a very slow start. Kidd is washed up, Howard is an idiot, and Dirk is already 30.

Step 2: Cuban decides to clean up the books in order to make a run at Lebron in 2010. He notices that Dirk doesn't expire until the year after that, same as Redd & Jefferson. He also notices that the Bucks have plenty of contracts that expire this year, some decent young players, and a few draft picks ready to trade away.

Step 4: Dirk Nowitski gets traded for Villanueva, Alexander, Sessions, Jones, Lue, Griffen, and a 1st.

Step 6: All three Redd/Jefferson/Nowitski expire at the same time in 2011. If Kohl wants to sell the team, he's got the perfect chance to do so with basically only Bogut under contract.

wow its so easy, who would have thunk.
welcome to my nightmare
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#12 » by aaprigs311 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:20 pm

bigkurty wrote:Step 8: sign me up

oh I would do the Suns trade too btw even if others dont. Seriously Raja Bell would be a great fit on this team with his D and ability to hit 3's. He would be a super roll player for us. Also I think Alando is going to become a damn good player too. Diaw is overpaid sure but he is at least a serviceable player. Having a guy like him who is overpaid somewhat is not that big of a deal. Having a scrub like Gadz who you don't even want in the game however be overpaid is what really kills a team

I like Bell too. I'd probably do something like Raja Bell/Diaw for CV/Griffin/Protected Pick.
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#13 » by aaprigs311 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:22 pm

That probably isn't a valid trade. I'm too lazy to trade checker it.
MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man
And1: 46

Post#14 » by MetroDrugUnit » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:33 am

Too bad Zeke isn't running things in NY any more. We'd have David Lee and some other Garabge contract for Redd all day long by now. Redd would be a great complement to Starberry, 6th and 7th men getting paid 20 and 30 mil a year.
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#15 » by realfung » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:05 pm

But I think the Bucks will keep Redd at least to see if he can be big with Jefferson.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,425

Post#16 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:43 pm

adamcz wrote:Step 1: Mavs get off to a very slow start. Kidd is washed up, Howard is an idiot, and Dirk is already 30.

Dirk can opt out in 2010.
If the Mavs are going no where, he might just do that.

On top of that, you need to have other good players on your roster in order to attract a big time FA when like 6-10 teams have the cap room to sign him.

On top of this, the Nets own Dallas' 1st round pick in 2010, unprotected, so there is no incentive to tank, rather quite the opposite.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#17 » by Nowak008 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:01 pm

I would trade Redd for Raja and Diaw. Diaw had a terrible year last year, but I think he will bounce back. Diaw could play 20 mins at the 4 for us, and Bell is still a very solid player. I think that trade would improve our defense quite a bit.

I think the Suns pick up of Barnes could make this trade plausible.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,843

Post#18 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:33 am

Step 3 must have something to do with Cuban sniffing glue or smoking crack or licking frogs or something, cuz I think step 4 is a stretch.

Also Dirk and Redd are possibly the two worst starting defenders in the league, and it might not even be close.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks