ImageImage

first 5 games critical

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Alice
Junior
And1: 0

first 5 games critical 

Post#1 » by Alice » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:26 pm

the bucks 1st 5 games are games they can win and i would like to see them go 4-1, 3-2 at the worst. after that its 2 months of brutality. if they are anywhere within 5 games under 500 on jan 1 i think it will be a good season for them, they should jell and benefit from brutal first couple months. if they fall apart from the get go it going to be a long season.
welcome to my nightmare
MajorDad
Banned User

Re: first 5 games critical 

Post#2 » by MajorDad » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:52 pm

alice . i would tend to agree with you. the bucks need to get out of the gate fast. one would hve thought they would have realized that and started getting in shape earlier and started playing together earlier so that they could prepare themselves to win these games.

but NBA players see preseason games as meaningless.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#3 » by aboveAverage » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:15 pm

I don't know if I buy that. Last year we started out great, and it still ended up being a terrible season. I would rather have us start bad and gell in the middle of the year, and make a run at the end of the season. I don't think there will be many chemistry issues on this team. Mo is gone now, and he contributed to most of our chemistry problems. But I understand your point. It is always important to start the season off on a good note.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#4 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:20 pm

I think 3-2 is the best they can do in those first 5 games, 2-3 the most likely. I can't see them winning opening night in Chicago or against Toronto. You'd like to think this team is capable of beating New York, but the Bucks proved us wrong in that department last season. Same goes with OKC, but with that being their home opener, that might be tough. Bucks-Wizards games have always been toss ups, and a helluva lot of fun to watch. Being at home, I'd give the edge to the Bucks in that one.

We'll have to see, but to me, 4-1 is unrealistic.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
MajorDad
Banned User

Post#5 » by MajorDad » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:05 pm

it get's a lot tougher after those games. if we can't come out with a winning record after 5 games playing those teams, it's going to be a very long season.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks