ImageImage

ESPN Prediction - 10th

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MajorDad
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: ESPN Prediction - 10th 

Post#61 » by MajorDad » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:22 am

Luke, i read this thread and tonight's game thread. i think you need a rest. Your fingers must hurt. You are wasting a lot of your own energy trying to defend the bucks. Why not allow somebody in the bucks' PR department or their coach take on your heavy burden? there is nobody else here trying to defend the bucks. I'm not sure what paul is bitching about. but when a guy tells Duder to shut up, there must be some tension in the air.

the facts are pretty plain. the Bucks suck. The problem is they don't suck as bad as some other teams do like the pacers or grizzlies. and this year's draft is not the one where'd you want to win the lottery. although, on a negative side, the 3rd pick might be worse than JA.

So what do you do? Do you tank from Day 1? Do you set 10th place as your goal? Do you blow up the team? or do you waste your time hoping some miracle will happen? You know what I Do? i make up speculative stories, that strangely enough, people take seriously.

something to think about. if this team is as bad as we all think it is, and the draft is as bad as we all think it is, we have to realize we're not going to get any better next year either. So what would reed do to fix this mess? the first thing i'd do is trade our pick to some team for their pick the following year. In so doing, we will be equally bad next year, but we will have two great picks in the 2010 draft which looks to be a genuine draft. and perhaps by 2010, the NBA will once again allow high school seniors to enter its draft. With two picks in the 2010 draft, the bucks might get lucky and get a franchise player. i think that's the biggest problem on the bucks. Guys like jefferson, Redd and bogut are all complementary players. they are all Scottie Pippin / James Worthy types. they need somebody else to be the star.

people seem to be already writing off this season. maybe it's time to start looking long term rather than for short term fixes. maybe the bucks need to start looking at 2012. I totally agree with midranger whe n he claims hammond's 3 year plan will only take us back to mediocrity and that in three years, we'll be blowing up this team to start all over again. hammond has a very tough job. Skiles has a tougher job.

Life isn't fair.
Wade-A-Holic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#62 » by Wade-A-Holic » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:56 am

I'll just throw one interesting fact/statistic out there for y'all to dwell on... Skiles took over after 16 games in the '03-'04 season and only won 19 games the rest of the way (19-47)... To begin the 2004-2005 season, Skiles' Bulls, with an entire Skiles training camp under their belts, started the season... ... ... 0-9, before finishing 47-35! That's pretty incredible. So essentially, after a 19-56 stretch, Skiles took essentially the same team on a 47-26 stretch.

My point? It seems extremely premature to suggest how good/bad this team might be. There are a lot of variables in play right now. This group of guys is learning how to play with one another and learning Skiles' system at the same time. It will take a while for everything to come together. How long? It's difficult to say. Do the Bucks suck right now? YES, but at some point "the switch" will be flipped and this team will start to play well. What we need to look for is if that success is sustainable or if it is fleeting.
MajorDad
Banned User

Post#63 » by MajorDad » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:46 am

I would totally agree wade.

at some time, that switch is going to be turned on. but i don't see it being turned on 1 november. I see that switch being turned on 40 games from now. I honestly think it will take the bucks players 40-50 games to all get on the same page with skiles.

and that's what frustrates me about their preseason, and the way they percieve preseason games as meaningless. if the bucks players had arrived to camp in shape, they could have accelerated that learning process. but instead, Skiles has had to waste this entire preseason just getting our players in shape to play the game. if the players took the preseason seriously, 10 of those games of Skiles' learning curve could have been erased or checked off as accomplished.

once everyone is on the same page, the future could be bright. but I feel it's going to take over half of this season before the bucks reach that page.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks