ImageImage

Who is going to the home opener?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Who is going to the home opener? 

Post#1 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:10 pm

Just thought I would start a thread for everyone who is going to the game on Saturday to discuss plans for the Bucks homeopener.

I think I'm probably going to head downtown a little early and try to find somewhere to grab some food. Hopefully Buck Bradleys isn't too crazy, otherwise I'll probably end up just drinking and grabbing food at the game.

Also, it is Halloween night for all dress up purposes. North Avenue is being closed off and they are having a streetwide costume party. I don't think I'm going to go all out with a costume, but I need to wear something otherwise you stick out wearing nothing on Halloween.

I have tickets in Sec 225, Row M that I picked up for $50/each, which isn't too bad for like 15th row.

What is everybody else doing before/after the game?

Are you dressing up at the game?
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Re: Who is going to the home opener? 

Post#2 » by jerrod » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:28 pm

i'm going as an extremely cautiously optimistic bucks fan
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#3 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:08 pm

I've gone to the last 17 but this year I'm still not sure. I'll probably end up going, opening night is always fun.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#4 » by jerrod » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:09 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I've gone to the last 17 but this year I'm still not sure. I'll probably end up going, opening night is always fun.

i was all ready to break my 6 year streak but then i got a call about a nice ticket offer and i couldn't resist.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#5 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:19 pm

I'm pretty sure this is my 6th in a row.

The home opener is always a good time. Hope, optimism (sometime blind optimism) and genuine excitement are all things I can honestly feel as the season begins.

Plus the ticket reps always take care of me. I haven't bought a season ticket package in a few years, but I still buy my tix from them to avoid service charges and they really let me me pick my seat so thats always nice. I think it will probably be called a sell out or at least a near sell out.

Also, it's kind of nice to not have to see the Bulls on the home opener for once.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#6 » by BuckFan25226 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:53 pm

I'll be there.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#7 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:25 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:What is everybody else doing before/after the game?

Well, after the game you will of course be able to find MD at Art's.
I can't believe he didn't mention it.
In the spirit of Halloween, I hear the girls there are dressing up as girls who you might actually consider taking home.

A number of us will be going out after the game somewhere within general walking distance of the BC, as per usual. Water St and/or Old World Third. I have to check with Sparky yet to find this out, but I assume there will be a WSSP Post Game show live somewhere around there, most likely at Fitzgibbons. If so, we will definitely start out there.

As for who has signed onto that idea so far in recent days:
Me, BuckFan25226, Andrew34r (back in town from Phoenix), MagsFTW, and bigkurty.
Neither wichame nor steger will be able to make it, but I'm letting them off the hook this time because he has a valid excuse :)
I'm waiting to hear back from Chuck Diesel yet, and I have been unable to get a hold of either Nowak or BlueJeep over the weekend.

Will you be joining us ESBF?

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Are you dressing up at the game?

I wasn't planning on it, but since I'll be there and since I'm an optimistic Bucks fan who believes the Bucks will win around 45 games and be in the playoffs, people might think I'm trying to play some part. Maybe I should wear some rose-colored glasses and walk around with a cup labeled "Bucks Kool Aid"
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
SidTheMan4
Junior
And1: 78

Post#8 » by SidTheMan4 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:33 pm

It will be 20th of the last 21 for me.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#9 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:09 pm

I forgot about Art's Halloween Extravaganza. I may have to skip the game and spend the whole night there.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#10 » by crkone » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:14 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I forgot about Art's Halloween Extravaganza. I may have to skip the game and spend the whole night there.

I'll be walking around Water St. and may stop in for a special birthday lap dance. Only if you promise to pay for me though... :thumbsup:

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#11 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:15 pm

crkone wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I forgot about Art's Halloween Extravaganza. I may have to skip the game and spend the whole night there.

I'll be walking around Water St. and may stop in for a special birthday lap dance. Only if you promise to pay for me though... :thumbsup:

I charge a lot for lap dances, I don't think you can afford it.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#12 » by trwi7 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:22 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
crkone wrote:

I charge a lot for lap dances, I don't think you can afford it.

I can vouch for this, but for your looks, you sure aren't worth the money.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
DMBucks22
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#13 » by DMBucks22 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:45 pm

Ill be there. Ill also be at Dukes, before the game. Its Duke's season.
DMBucks22
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#14 » by DMBucks22 » Sat Nov 1, 2008 11:20 am

Anyone else hitting up dukes?
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#15 » by fam3381 » Sat Nov 1, 2008 4:50 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:Maybe I should wear some rose-colored glasses and walk around with a cup labeled "Bucks Kool Aid"

Hilarious. I hope this isn't what happens in two weeks:

Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#16 » by BobbyLight » Sat Nov 1, 2008 4:59 pm

I'll be there, thanks to a co-worker who didn't want to go.
kebzach
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#17 » by kebzach » Sat Nov 1, 2008 5:40 pm

We will be there in our new and improved season seat locations.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#18 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sat Nov 1, 2008 11:14 pm

Since the Bucks have lowered the prices in the upper 400 level to a paltry $10 for the next two months I think, (most of their games are on the road early) I will be more repsonsive to go now on account of that find gesture?

So with that being said, I guess I will drag my ass down to the BC on a regular basis now if not only to see the other teams the Bucks will play as much as to see them until they get back on my good side and on the winning track ON A CONSISTENT BASIS and compete EVERY NIGHT as we fans all deserve to see from professionals!

Also I might go regularly only because of my confidence in Coach Scott Skiles to get this team on the upswing again, keep them focused and committed and hold them accountable when they don't get with the program.

With these efforts by the Bucks' I feel obligated as a fan to respond in good faith to the organization and this team for the time being, for making these games very affordable with the economy and all and to see a hard-working team whose heart is in the right place striving to be successful and to represent the Wisconsin Sports fan as devoted as we support them here...

I think it's a two way street! I see fledging young franchises in other places, like Portland and in Philadelphia and even Atlanta now, why not here?

So, there is your REASONS why I will go...A few more 'tweaks' to the roster and might committ to a more extended and definite plan.

But when the games do not conflict with Marquette or with UWM I might see if they are playing well enough where I can trust them to spend my money and go.

So to answer your question in a roundabout way, yes I will be in attendance to see what should be a Toronto beatdown if all is equal. This is a tough matchup up front even though the Raptors did play last night.

But as long as they have Jason Kapono or some other no name slug on their team who comes out to light our team up, we will struggle against this team.

We'll see...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks