3 Things that must happen.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

bigricho12
Rookie
And1: 0

Re: 3 Things that must happen. 

Post#41 » by bigricho12 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:34 am

LukePliska wrote:
bigricho12 wrote:I could just as easily say that your posts wreak of biased hate.... but I wont cuz its too early in the season to be eating our own. Advice you could do with taking on.

You did say that though...

You said I was 'hating just to hate'.

I was sticking to facts... I said he was the number one pick(fact) and that he got a big contract(fact) and that with those there are big expectations from the fans and the organization(fact).

Actually no you didnt Luke, you said:

"The excuses have run out for Andrew Bogut. This is his year to produce or officially be called an underachiever. I have wiped the slate completely clean and I am willing to watch this season with an open mind. However, we have invested the first pick in the draft in him and now we have given him a huge contract. He is the future of the franchise and if he doesn't produce like a number one pick who got a massive contract extention, we are in major trouble."

You said that he needed to produce like a #1 pick, when where he was picked has nothing to do with him and has nothing to do with what he does this year. You also convey the perception that he is currently getting paid big bucks, he is not. He is on the last year of his rookie contract this year. So for you to relate his salary (a salray that is about 8 mill less than Redd's, 6 mill less than Jefferson's and even less to Ridnour's) to why he needs to perform, while not mentioning the players clearly not living up to their contracts (Ridnour and Redd) is clearly biased.

hen you say:

"Fine... Can we have high expectations based upon the huge contract he got? Just like every other player in the NBA... Or is he somehow immune from being judged based on the money he gets paid now too?"

Generally if you are going to judge someone based as you have said yourself, "upon the huge contract he got", you let them play a couple of games under the HUGE contract first. Otherwise you are as they say, simply speaking out your Ars#$.

Then you say:

"I made statements about how Redd needs to stop being so selfish and how Jefferson has looked very slow and out of shape in the preseason, yet the only player who you thought I was 'attacking' was Bogut."

No mention of judging Redd on his HUGE contract that he IS actually been playing under for some time??

I know you like to not answer my clarifications with "Dumn Ozzie Bogut fan", but while I like Bogut with the Bucks it is a weak and baseless arguement.

I simply expect more from a seasoned poster than the crap that you spouted. You can still have your opinions and dissapointments of Bogut, but lets steer clear of the cheap shots like
#1 pick bust and judge him on his massive contract (when you fail to mention Redd's or Ridnours or the fact Bogut is still on his rookie contract).

If you said that you were disappointed in his jump shot or free throw shooting, you would not have heard a response that you did from me, because in truth those things frustrate me about Bogut too.

This is not a slag. Lets clear the air and move on, we have 81 games and we cant do this the whole time :lol:
[quote:e5e7b9ff74="willeatfire4playoffsinmil"]-= original quote snipped =-

emunney was close. General Board, thread "Did the NBA fumble the Ball Tonight?"

Also in that thread, someone thinks Australia is a country.[/quote]
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,367

Post#42 » by trwi7 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:18 pm

bigricho12 wrote:Generally if you are going to judge someone based as you have said yourself, "upon the huge contract he got", you let them play a couple of games under the HUGE contract first. Otherwise you are as they say, simply speaking out your Ars#$.

I sort of agree with Luke here. Yeah, he's not playing under that contract now, but if he doesn't improve to 16/11 or something like that this season then chances are he never will.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#43 » by europa » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:38 pm

trwi7 wrote:
bigricho12 wrote:Generally if you are going to judge someone based as you have said yourself, "upon the huge contract he got", you let them play a couple of games under the HUGE contract first. Otherwise you are as they say, simply speaking out your Ars#$.

I sort of agree with Luke here. Yeah, he's not playing under that contract now, but if he doesn't improve to 16/11 or something like that this season then chances are he never will.

I don't agree he never will but I do agree that regardless of how much Bogut is making this season, he is now being paid as a top player long term and needs to perform as such. With a big contract comes more responsibility and accountability. So regardless of when the big money actually kicks in for Bogut to me is secondary. The Bucks have made a significant financial commitment to him because they believe he is going to become a very good or possibly great player so he needs to produce at that level. That's the deal.
Nothing will not break me.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#44 » by paul » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:44 pm

I also agree, I just don't want the inevitable "Earn your $60m Bogut" calls to come as they no doubt will, it's just a cliche. Although they'll no doubt be "Earn your $72m Bogut" calls come to think of it.
Anyway I don't believe that what we get this season will be Bogut's ceiling, but I do want to see continued improvement as we did last season.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#45 » by worthlessBucks » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:50 pm

paul wrote:I also agree, I just don't want the inevitable "Earn your $60m Bogut" calls to come as they no doubt will, it's just a cliche. Although they'll no doubt be "Earn your $72m Bogut" calls come to think of it.
Anyway I don't believe that what we get this season will be Bogut's ceiling, but I do want to see continued improvement as we did last season.

Nah, no chance he earns those incentives. :lol:
Go Bucks!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks