Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Which is the best nickname

Pube: Bogut
34%
Potsie: JA
17%
Max: Redd
42%
Cheeseburger: Anthony Mason (goes way back to the ESPN days)
8%

Total votes: 65

Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Re: Which is the best nickname? 

Post#61 » by Buck You » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:15 pm

I like Max. It's the best nickname in NBA history.
TheGhostDog
Senior
And1: 2

Post#62 » by TheGhostDog » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:25 pm

bigkurty wrote:why do we have to be so PC?

What bugs me about Potsie and Pubes has got nothing to do with political correctness. I read these forums to learn about the Bucks and the game of basketball in general, and usually I find intelligent discussion here (and some clever humor) that just doesn't exist elsewhere. But with the deliberately juvenile and insulting nicknames for our own players the tone of these forums has devolved lately to Beavis and Butthead levels. It's just no longer worth wading through all the negative crap you guys wallow in. Before I go though, thanks to all of the consistently smart posters here - I actually learned a lot from you guys. Go Bucks!
dogswithbeesintheirmouths
Head Coach
And1: 1,985

Post#63 » by dogswithbeesintheirmouths » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:26 pm

Somebody in another thread called Bogut "Mose Schrute". I think that needs to be considered. The likeness is stunning.

ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#64 » by ClassicJack » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:28 pm

James1980 wrote:How did Bogut get this great new nickname?

By being Andrew Bogut and making a laughable attempt at growing a beard.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant

Post#65 » by ClassicJack » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:33 pm

dogswithbeesintheirmouths wrote:Somebody in another thread called Bogut "Mose Schrute". I think that needs to be considered. The likeness is stunning.

Thats a winner. :clap:

And I need to start back watching The Office.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#66 » by BobbyLight » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:54 pm

Yeah Mose Schrute is pretty bomb. Great comparison, I wouldn't have thought of that on my own.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#67 » by bigkurty » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:06 pm

TheGhostDog wrote:
bigkurty wrote:why do we have to be so PC?

What bugs me about Potsie and Pubes has got nothing to do with political correctness. I read these forums to learn about the Bucks and the game of basketball in general, and usually I find intelligent discussion here (and some clever humor) that just doesn't exist elsewhere. But with the deliberately juvenile and insulting nicknames for our own players the tone of these forums has devolved lately to Beavis and Butthead levels. It's just no longer worth wading through all the negative crap you guys wallow in. Before I go though, thanks to all of the consistently smart posters here - I actually learned a lot from you guys. Go Bucks!

I think if you or anyone else here expects to share opinions with as large of a group as we have here and not expect to read different opinions or viewpoints than your own, then you are just being completely illogical. Hell I come to this board to debate my beliefs about the team with other fans and I expect to disagree with people. Just the other day Luke23 and I completely disagreed on Redd's value for example and while we disagreed, I do have to say I respect him and agree with tons of his points as well. MBBOT is a huge fan and a lot of people think he is crazy or too negative at times rather than accept him and realize he is actually a great contributor on these boards that IMO makes the boards more fun to read. If you or anyone else can't handle not having everyone else on the same page as you in your optimism for the team, maybe you can start your own forum and debate with yourself. As far as the nicknames go, they are just fun. Haven't you ever had a nickname in your life you might not have liked too much? **** happens. The world is not always fair and not everyone out there is going to treat you fair all the time. I am sure Pube will lose his new nickname as soon as he shaves and stops playing like a girl. Thats all he has to do. JA is slowly losing Potsie right now the more he plays quality minutes.

Oh and who are the consistently smart posters and who are the consistently dumb ones BTW? This I want to hear.
BDUB_30
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#68 » by BDUB_30 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:26 pm

TheGhostDog wrote:
bigkurty wrote: thanks to all of the consistently smart posters here - I actually learned a lot from you guys. Go Bucks!

your welcome . :lol:
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by ClassicJack » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:38 pm

bigkurty wrote: MBBOT is a huge fan and a lot of people think he is crazy or too negative at times rather than accept him and realize he is actually a great contributor on these boards that IMO makes the boards more fun to read.

I agree that since returning to his former name MBBOT has been awesome but until the smilies make their permanent return he's dead to me. 8-)
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,029

Post#70 » by midranger » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:38 am

Max Green is a terrific nickname.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#71 » by JustinCredible » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:38 am

I vote for Chuck: CV. Obviously for two reasons....Chuck is short for Charlie and the boy just likes to 'chuck' sometimes.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#72 » by Newz » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:39 am

How dare anyone give Anthony Mason a bad nickname?! THAT GUY WAS A SUPERSTAR! ;)
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,029

Post#73 » by midranger » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:39 am

JustinCredible wrote:I vote for Chuck: CV. Obviously for two reasons....Chuck is short for Charlie and the boy just likes to 'chuck' sometimes.

Fail.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
75totheMACCfund
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#74 » by 75totheMACCfund » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:11 am

just putting it out there...

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,944

Post#75 » by Jez2983 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:23 am

paul wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:I couldn't stop laughing after I read this one

sheila 64 up, 77 down
A sheila generally refers to an australian girl. Sheilas still believe haircuts from the 80´s are sexy.With a tendency to show alot of their sagging breats,sheilas will always be found with a beer in one hand and a ciggarette in the other. The only time when you will find a sheila without any of the 2 possesions mentioned above is when their alcoholic 4th husband has bashed them because of sculling the last beer or smoking the last ciggarette, and they are on the floor licking up whats left of the beer or trying to sticky tape the broken ciggie back togther. Sheilas always curse asians and wear too much make up(usually to cover their black eyes). These gilrs have kids at 16....as soon as they become eligible for the governments ´baby scheme´ where $3000 is awarded to new mums for encouragement,as australia has a population issue. Found in pubs at around 9:00am or centrelink/welfare offices(standard opening time for both venues) sheilas are fond of kareoke and will not hesistate in sexual intercourse with a minor.Shelias are very malnutritioned and in the mornings look very similar to ´gollum´ from lord of the rings. Sheilas speak very slang australian english to accomodate their under-privellged brains. example below
ozzie bloke-´get her outta here...that sheilas puking again´

ozzie sheila-´you dont need to shave ya arm-pits love...men will still root ya´

That shouldn't have been written by an Aussie, but if it was then he is a complete wanker (not sure if you need to look that one up)

You guys might be stun, but we don't actually refer to women as sheilas very much any more in oz. Now, if you said Shazza...

Or the bludger? Over here, people that collect welfare are referred to as 'Dole Bludgers" or form part of "Kevin Rudd's surf team".
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
DPGBucks
Junior
And1: 12

Post#76 » by DPGBucks » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:26 pm

Drew should be known as Buffalo Bogut.

He's a scary man who makes beards out of pubes.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#77 » by Rockmaninoff » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:30 pm

Magic Sessions and Jesus Ridnour. I voted for Potsie.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#78 » by Jez2983 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:27 am

What about Scruffy from Scooby Doo for Bogut. Didn't he always look like he had pubes coming out of his face???

And he was always kinda moping around slowly...

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#79 » by trwi7 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:29 am

That's Shaggy you idiot!
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#80 » by Jez2983 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:30 am

Crap. That's what I meant! It's mot my fault - I looked up pictures of "Scruffy" on the internet and Shaggy came up. Damn you Google!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks