ImageImage

we need a solid veteran PF

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: we need a solid veteran PF 

Post#21 » by power4wardjinx » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:33 pm

LukePliska wrote:If we trade for Boris Diaw I may have to go slap John Hammond. Diaw is garbage.

If they didn't like Mo, they won't like Barbosa. Both of them have similar effects on the game offensively and are poor on the defensive end.

Good point r.e. Barbosa. I thought because Barbosa and Diaw were on the trading block that was something Hammond should look at. But I ran it by some Suns fans and they said pretty much what you said: Barbosa would not like playing for Skiles.

I think you're wrong about Diaw, though. Suns fans were kinda reluctant to part with him. Athletically, those guys would be a good fit. The Bucks would be like the Bulls but with a center. I think it'd be a good formula in the East - a highly athletic ball movement team with a rugged center. Already we're seeing that just what we're doing now with our nutty poiint guard attack, athletic forwards and a center is a huge matchup problem for most teams.
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blog ... fault.aspx
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,998

Post#22 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:34 pm

Europa, would Toronto ever consider the Parker, Kapono, Bargnani for Redd deal?

That brings us outside shooting, a poor man's Redd fill-in and a big man project who while not a banger at least has size and occasionally blocks some shots.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#23 » by Newz » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:35 pm

Boris Diaws skills as a PF:

- Being soft.
- Passing up wide open layups to pass to the perimeter.
- Not playing smart.
- Being a below average rebounder for a 4.
- Having a inconsistent jump shot.
- Being a average at best defensive player at the 4.

I am not a big CV fan, but Diaw is a massive downgrade from him and not to mention we take on his absolutely terrible contract.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#24 » by europa » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:41 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Europa, would Toronto ever consider the Parker, Kapono, Bargnani for Redd deal?

I think they'd jump at it if they had decided Bargnani was useless. I'm not sure they're at that point yet. A lineup of Calderon-Redd-Bosh-O'Neal would be sick and one of the most potent in the league. But I don't see the Bucks having any interest. Bargnani looks like a huge bust and is the definition of soft. He makes Villanueva look like Charles Atlas by comparison. I like Parker and have pimped him on this board often in the past and Kapono is Kapono. But this doesn't help the Bucks. They would still be without the strong backup PF that we've talked about in this thread.

This trade doesn't make the Bucks a better team. It replaces Redd with shooters but not high-end scorers who aren't as good as he is and Bargnani doesn't address the issues in the frontcourt that need to be addressed.
Nothing will not break me.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#25 » by Fight the Tank » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:42 pm

Would Okla City do CV and DJones for Collison?

I think I would.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#26 » by power4wardjinx » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:47 pm

LukePliska wrote:Boris Diaws skills as a PF:

- Being soft.
- Passing up wide open layups to pass to the perimeter.
- Not playing smart.
- Being a below average rebounder for a 4.
- Having a inconsistent jump shot.
- Being a average at best defensive player at the 4.

I am not a big CV fan, but Diaw is a massive downgrade from him and not to mention we take on his absolutely terrible contract.

Playing in the East, Diaw'd have to grow some balls and be a better rebounder, no question. Suns fans say Diaw has grown one ball and almost has the other one. But still, you gotta remember that he's a backup to Amare in Phoenix -- in Milwaukee he wouldn't have Amare to swallow his stats. I think he could be good help for Bogut, and he's a smarter player than CV, that's for sure.

Teams like the Bucks and Knicks with our bigger guys like Charlie and Zach Randolph haven't won games, so trying a more athletic model wouldn't be a bad idea. Hell, it's what we're doing now with the Prince -- w/ Diaw we'd have two guys like that plus RJ. I think it would work.
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#27 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:48 pm

europa wrote:and Bargnani doesn't address the issues in the frontcourt that need to be addressed.

Then flip Bargnani and Charlie Bell to the Clippers for Camby as part of a three way deal.

Now you've added a shotblocker to the interior defense and outside shooting.

Not perfect, but semi-realistic.

power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#28 » by power4wardjinx » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:49 pm

Bogutneedsball wrote:Would Okla City do CV and DJones for Collison?

I think I would.

Why Collison? What about Wilcox? Bogut-Wilcox would be a good tandem.
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#29 » by power4wardjinx » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:54 pm

europa wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Europa, would Toronto ever consider the Parker, Kapono, Bargnani for Redd deal?

A lineup of Calderon-Redd-Bosh-O'Neal would be sick and one of the most potent in the league. .

That'd be sick in fantasy ball, not the NBA. They wouldn't come close to winning the East. A Toronto trade is kinda unrealistic, as much as I'd like to have Parker. They don't need scoring -- they wouldn't go for a Redd deal, especially when they are still working on integrating O'Neal.
europa
RealGM

Post#30 » by europa » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:56 pm

power4wardjinx wrote:
europa wrote:

A lineup of Calderon-Redd-Bosh-O'Neal would be sick and one of the most potent in the league. .

That'd be sick in fantasy ball, not the NBA. They wouldn't come close to winning the East.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a run at the East title with what they have - assuming O'Neal stays healthy. Put Redd in that lineup and they would be impossible to defend. I think Colangelo would be all over a deal that provides them with a huge upgrade at SG and removes Bargnani - assuming he's come to the conclusion Bargnani is a bust and like I said, I'm not sure he's willing to concede that just yet.

Press, what's the Clippers deal for Camby you're referring to?
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#31 » by Fight the Tank » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:56 pm

power4wardjinx wrote:
Bogutneedsball wrote:Would Okla City do CV and DJones for Collison?

I think I would.

Why Collison? What about Wilcox? Bogut-Wilcox would be a good tandem.

I would be interested in Wilcox as well, but I think Collison will give us more versatility and toughness inside. I think he can play the 4 or the 5. He also should be attainable considering the fact he doesn't seem to be in Oklahoma's long term plans.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
europa
RealGM

Post#32 » by europa » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:58 pm

Wilcox isn't a good defender and he strikes me as a guy who people will always be saying - "If he ever reaches his potential" and he never will. I'm not a Collison fan but he is better than Croshere and Allen and Villanueva has no future with this team so I guess he wouldn't be the worst option in the world.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#33 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:59 pm

Well duh! :crazy:

We need that more then we need Michael Redd back. I been saying this all along. You saw how good Bogut can be down low when he is insprired and has worked on his low post game and his footwork and handle!

A power forward who can command the double team and warrant attention away from him would make this team a contender IMMEDIATELY.

You need an alternator. A guy who can set screens and pick and pop and a guy who can post up and get a bucket and rebound when you need it so that Bogut can get one on one matchups like tonite.

The guy they needed and who they should have gone all out to get was Al Horford just like the Blazers got LaMarcus Aldridge (through draft day trade) and we would have a darn near dynasty by now...But I've been over that before. HE WOULD HAVE BEEN SIMPLY, IDEAL!

But that is that. So would have a guy like Josh Smith and Zach Randolph as I have reiterated before. I like Kenyon Martin (big contract) and even you could offer the starting job to Antonio McDyess and guarantee 25-30 minutes a game!?

But that is absolutely imperative we find a guy like that and another shooter or two off the bench so Sessions does not wear down and hit a wall like Luc Richard MBah Moute' and Joe Alexander undoubtedly well soon.

But Andrew Bogut looked great tonite I have nothing 'negative' to say about his game except he did get thrown out! I liked his energy and he played with a chip...and did not back down and take **** from nobody on that NBA Champion ballclub! That is what you need...EVERY NIGHT!

He turned, backed down aggressively and with purpose and wheeled and threw up the jump hook and had a great release.

He did not let it slide off the sides of his hands and he used his body to protect it from ballhawks and shotblockers ut came up top on it and it was soft and on target.

He also was quick and assertive getting position on Kendrick Perkins who is a tough guy to handle on the low blocks, caught the ball strongly and did not look to pass when he saw he had the advantage on his man.

Last night he played like an All Star and a #1 overall draft pick and max player!!! FINALLY! Now that is what you need every single night. You get a guy next to him who can switch off with him like that and it is all over!
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#34 » by power4wardjinx » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:02 pm

Europa wrote: That'd be sick in fantasy ball, not the NBA. They wouldn't come close to winning the East.[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a run at the East title with what they have - assuming O'Neal stays healthy. Put Redd in that lineup and they would be impossible to defend. I think Colangelo would be all over a deal that provides them with a huge upgrade at SG and removes Bargnani - assuming he's come to the conclusion Bargnani is a bust and like I said, I'm not sure he's willing to concede that just yet.

Press, what's the Clippers deal for Camby you're referring to?[/quote]

I wrote: Right, we agree. The Raptors are going to make a run now (It'll fail - Cleveland and Boston are too good).

Still, Toronto won't be trading the best three-point shooter of all-time plus Parker, one of the top five in the league for Michael Redd. Colangelo would never do it. Does anyone really believe we can snooker other NBA teams on this "Michael Redd is a great shooter" myth? The guys they have -- kapano, parker, calderon -- are all better shooters than Redd. Toronto knows this and would never make the deal.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#35 » by xTitan » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:05 pm

I understand the need for a solid BACK-UP, but many on here apparently want to be trading for a starter, which I don't get. This conversation never came up over the course of the season when an awful defender like CV was playing, now the young PF has a 19/17 night and a huge hand in controlling one of the top 2 PF's in all basketball and people want Wilcox, Camby, and Collison? I will concede about the back-up scenario but be wary about getting to many players who are not capable of scoring, that is the biggest problem with this team right now, long scoring droughts.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by Fight the Tank » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:06 pm

europa wrote:Wilcox isn't a good defender and he strikes me as a guy who people will always be saying - "If he ever reaches his potential" and he never will. I'm not a Collison fan but he is better than Croshere and Allen and Villanueva has no future with this team so I guess he wouldn't be the worst option in the world.

Completely agree here. At the very least Collison is on a reasonable contract for the next 2 plus years and he is a very good backup center. Obviously someone competent to backup Bogut when he is in foul trouble or having vagina problems would really help. Also this is it for CV and with the emergence of Sessions and Luc we can make due without his inconsistent scoring.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#37 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:09 pm

Focus on the Western conference teams who might throw in the towel for a total rebuild.

I'm intrigued about trying to pick up Brad Miller. He could be a PF or the C for us on nights Bogut just doesn't have it. Is there any chance we could trade Joe Alexander, Gadz and Damon Jones for Miller? I'd toss in CV instead of Jones if needed.

Miller only has one more year after this one on his contract at $12mm. The Kings need playing time for Hawes.

I think a move like this could put us over the top to a 47-50 win team.

europa
RealGM

Post#38 » by europa » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:11 pm

power4wardjinx wrote:Does anyone really believe we can snooker other NBA teams on this "Michael Redd is a great shooter" myth? The guys they have -- kapano, parker, calderon -- are all better shooters than Redd. Toronto knows this and would never make the deal.

Calderon wasn't part of the proposed deal Press made so there's no reason to include him. Redd's a 45% career shooter. He is a good shooter. And that's also the consensus around the league as noted by the ESPN the Magazine survey of players, coaches, GMs and scouts who all ranked Redd among the Top 5 shooters at SG in the game today. But I guess everyone in the league must be wrong about him. He's also a much better and more diverse scorer than either Parker or Kapono. That's pretty obvious as well, but in this forum Michael Redd sucks and guys like Anthony Parker (who I like a lot) and Jason Kapono are better even though there likely isn't a team in the league that would take either one of them ahead of Redd if given the option.

As far as Toronto, I agree that right now the Celtics are too good for anyone in the East. But if the Raptors can keep O'Neal healthy, I wouldn't be surprised to see them get to the conference finals ahead of the Cavs or anyone else.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#39 » by xTitan » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:12 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Focus on the Western conference teams who might throw in the towel for a total rebuild.

I'm intrigued about trying to pick up Brad Miller. He could be a PF or the C for us on nights Bogut just doesn't have it. Is there any chance we could trade Joe Alexander, Gadz and Damon Jones for Miller? I'd toss in CV instead of Jones if needed.

Miller only has one more year after this one on his contract at $12mm. The Kings need playing time for Hawes.

You want to trade Joe Alexander for an old washed up scrub??? That would make no sense on a million different levels, how far do you believe this team can go?
europa
RealGM

Post#40 » by europa » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:12 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Focus on the Western conference teams who might throw in the towel for a total rebuild.

I'd rather not part with Alexander at this time. I'd make this trade if I thought Miller could get the Bucks to the Finals. But that isn't happening. So I'd prefer to aim lower and just work on improving the team.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks