ImageImage

Bucks vs Nuggets Post Game

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: Bucks vs Nuggets Post Game 

Post#21 » by trwi7 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:40 am

LUKE23 wrote:I would destroy Tyronn Lue in basketball. Destroy.

jerrod would destroy Lue in basketball.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#22 » by Newz » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:40 am

LUKE23 wrote:I would destroy Tyronn Lue in basketball. Destroy.

Dude, that isn't impressive at all.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#23 » by LUKE23 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:43 am

It's time to start Sessions. Blake has shown me enough for me to know I don't want him starting. Unless he has zero turnovers, he is an absolute detriment to the offense. Sessions really hasn't been stopped getting to the rim all year long, even by guys like Rondo. It's time to start him and see what we have.

Also, Alexander is starting to come on. I'd like to see him start getting around 18-20 minutes a night.

Lue and Allen should never see the court unless 10 other active players die.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#24 » by Buck You » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:45 am

Ridnour is just so average and he tries to do too much most of the time. Put him on the bench.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#25 » by paul » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:47 am

Bogut sucked, Ridnour sucked, Jefferson sucked, and some of Skiles rotations sucked. But hey at least CV and Redd wore matching suits.
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#26 » by icat2000 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:48 am

Except those suits sucked too.

Complete suckage tonight.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#27 » by stellation » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:31 am

I guess the story of the night is Sonny Weems.
#FreeChuckDiesel
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#28 » by aboveAverage » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:40 am

We certainly can't expect to beat a good team like Denver with Jefferson, Bogut, Redd, and CV having no factor in the game. That's 4/5 of our starting lineup. That's why I'm not getting too down about this game.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#29 » by Mags FTW » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:49 am

No matter who the players and coaches are for each team, we always play like crap in Denver...
MrSimCity
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#30 » by MrSimCity » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:29 am

steger_3434 wrote:
Howard had 4 7 and 3 in a win. Still better than Bogut.

Is Dwight never not better than bogut :roll:
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 867

Post#31 » by Epicurus » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:37 am

Mags FTW wrote:No matter who the players and coaches are for each team, we always play like crap in Denver...

'06 Bucks beat Denver at Denver 110--87.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#32 » by El Duderino » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:02 am

Mags FTW wrote:No matter who the players and coaches are for each team, we always play like crap in Denver...

Anyone know the last time the Bucks won in Denver?

For the longest time, if before the season i had to put money on which two games would be the most likely to be a for sure loss, i'd without question take the road games against the Suns and Nuggets. Hell, my memory could be wrong, but it seems like every year we are down double digits at halftime in road games vs both teams.

EDIT---Didn't see the post by EPI before i typed mine
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#33 » by jeremyd236 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:02 am

I don't know if we can blame Bogut's 1 FGA on Redd/Mo
austuf
Senior
And1: 11

Post#34 » by austuf » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:38 am

steger_3434 wrote:
LukePliska wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:Who's been the last number one pick to put up a stat line this awful this many years into their career:

Bogut: 2 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 TO's

I think Dwight Howard had a really bad game a couple nights ago.

But I agree, Bogut has been way below what I thought he would be this season. It's very disappointing.

Howard had 4 7 and 3 in a win. Still better than Bogut.

Did Howard bang his knee against an opposing big and sit on the bench for almost a full qtr, while a physio checked it out.

Just asking, because I didn't see that game.
While an avid reader, I am not a prolific poster.
GO BUCKS!!!!!
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#35 » by trwi7 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:54 am

Why is Howard even in this discussion? Howard had one bad game this year, besides that, his worst game this year was a 14 point, 8 rebound, 2 assist, 3 block game. He's averaged 22.7 points, 14.2 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 4 blocks per game without that game. Numbers Bogut could only dream of.

Bogut on the other hand just had his fourth game under 10 points and seventh game under 10 rebounds.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
austuf
Senior
And1: 11

Post#36 » by austuf » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:00 am

Paul:
"Bogut sucked, Ridnour sucked, Jefferson sucked, and some of Skiles rotations sucked. But hey at least CV and Redd wore matching suits".

Icat:
"Except those suits sucked too.

Complete suckage tonight".

:rofl:

Above Average:
"We certainly can't expect to beat a good team like Denver with Jefferson, Bogut, Redd, and CV having no factor in the game. That's 4/5 of our starting lineup. That's why I'm not getting too down about this game".

Ultimately that's how I feel.

We will play bad games. Where almost every player looks like complete shyt!

I think tonight was our second (Chicago first).
While an avid reader, I am not a prolific poster.

GO BUCKS!!!!!
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#37 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:49 am

Man, if you think about the Chauncey Billups' story, the Bucks were one of the few teams that had a shot at getting him from Detriot outside of him going back to the Pistons!

In fact, the Bucks and Thunder had the most money that offseason and Billups had said he would listen to playing in Milwaukee midway through that season...

At first I thought he was playing the Bucks to drive up the price for the Pistons (which he might have been...) but he might have been better off when all was said and done to have come here!

Two short years later...or actually one year later he is not in Detriot at all and has a bitter taste in his mouth about that split.

We sure could have used him here and GM Larry Harris should have made a play for him instead of sign Mo Williams who is not traded a year later as well...

Chauncey Billups could have been a Buck by now. The Pistons signed Billups and then went out and got a trio of guards in the draft to replace him and then wait until Hamilton signed and then got rid of Billups.

Dirty lowdown stuff....Now LeBron says he won't be 'loyal' to Cavs now. Funny how things work out.
John Hammond worked with Dumars on that deal,

I bet they did not want Billups to go to the Bucks and dealt him out West no later then a year...
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#38 » by unklchuk » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:44 pm

The Bucks are so undistinguished offensively with Redd on the bench and Jefferson and Bogut seemingly abiding by non-compete clauses that they need the stars in alignment to pull off their gritty magic. Last night the stars were off, and the biorhythms too. Bad passes, bad defense, fouling Melo like subjects routinely bowing to the King, the inability to find a match to ignite their energy, empty and unfocused thinking, players not knowing what they wanted to do much less what the team should be doing - it was the very definition of a modern major dud.

One game of 82. Bring on the next (also likely a loss, but they have to play them because the predictive process is so flawed).

Well, I certainly enjoyed the gritty Bucks. Don't think that's gone. But it has to fight through marginal (developed) talent on the floor and that's only a sometimes thing. We had said the start of season would be rough, and then we (I) got encouraged to see the effort, grit and results. Now perhaps we (I) should tell ourselves that the near future will likely contain generous helpings of both bad and good.
AFAIK, IDKM
Oct 16th 1968
Junior
And1: 0

Post#39 » by Oct 16th 1968 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:00 pm

So is this Bogut's worst game ever? It's right up there..

Nice to see Bell get some rhythm.
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 534

Post#40 » by InsideOut » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:07 pm

Why is Bogut getting all this heat for last night? He hurt his knee and per the box score was only able to play 16 minutes. I have no problem ripping a guy when he sucks but how can you rip a guy for trying to play hurt and then going out because he can't play well on one leg? At least he tried to play hurt unlike some other players.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks